It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS "Required" Reading

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hello dear ATSers,
I just received a literary gem in the mail that I wanted to recommend to you, and figured I'd open the topic to anyone's recommendations for our community.
Which texts do you consider required reading for inquiring minds such as those who frequent our community? I have several in mind and will update this thread when others come up.

First and foremost, I'd start with The Constitution of the United States with the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of the Confederation
as a backbone for the few I'm about to recommend. Without this understanding of individual rights, a lot of the other texts bear no meaning.

The incredible book I got in the mail today is Rosa Koire's Behind the Green Mask: U.N. Agenda 21.
If you haven't read this or heard of it, you're in for a treat. I'd put this in ATS's "required" reading list due to its relevance to our latest epoch. It may not be too late to put up considerable roadblocks to the plan underway. (And there are always alternatives)

I'll also include Joost Meerloo's The Rape of the Mind: The Psychology of Thought Control, Menticide, and Brainwashing
and Laura Dodsworth's A State of Fear: How the UK Government Weaponised Fear During the COVID-19 Pandemic
for more information regarding modern day troubles.

Any other suggestions?

As for the woo,
I picked up Far Journeys by Robert Monroe and it was quite an interesting read!
I'd definitely recommend Opal Whiteley's The Singing Creek Where the Willows Grow to wonder at the natural world and the beauty of mankind (a small genius girl's diary from the turn of the 20th century).

I know there's more, but wanted to open the floor to other recommendations. I'll also be posting quotes from Koire's book in this thread.

Hope you are having a good week so far!

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I appreciate your addition and will look into it right now.

Bill Coopers "Behold a Pale Horse" is required reading. So very honest and well done that although it is getting old, even the new kids can learn everything from it.

"The Spear of Destiny" I don't have it in front of me but it should be on the list.

"Art of War" absolutely makes the list.

The Koran, the Bible, and others I won't mention.

"The Turner Dairies"

I didn't list them in order of importance, just a short list.

"Gods with Amnesia" Robert Sepehr
edit on 18-10-2021 by REDMORGAN because: mossad bastards

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: REDMORGAN

Great texts to add to our collection. Thank you!

I'll add The John Locke Collection
and Common Sense by Thomas Paine
John Milton's Aeropagitica
All of Plato (but especially the "Apology")
I'd also highly recommend Fredrick Douglass's narrative for more poignant ideas on freedom.
and A Modest Proposal for the satire and core message.

edit on 18-10-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Sounds like good reading good reading!

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It's a great read (so far--I'm not done yet). Thank you for the vid! I'm listening as I type. Sounds like a good introduction to the topic and author (RIP Rosa Koire who passed away earlier this year).

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

around the 7:20 mark she mentions private property rights, and the most fundamental being the rights to our body-to our selves. So interesting; this is also mentioned in the book.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Great texts to add to our collection. Thank you!

I'll add The John Locke Collection
and Common Sense by Thomas Paine
John Milton's Aeropagitica
All of Plato (but especially the "Apology")
I'd also highly recommend Fredrick Douglass's narrative for more poignant ideas on freedom.
and A Modest Proposal for the satire and core message.

Absolutely!

My children are all pushing 40 now, and I fear anyone younger does not read unless they have to.

It is so important to read. Videos are cool and fun but the real nitty gritty is still in the books.

Besides that I can captivate my grands attention if I read to them. There is power there.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Reading to my son at night is still among my favorite daily tasks. You're right--there's power and magic in the written word.
I'm glad you mentioned the Bible. Definitely required reading for me! In fact, Ms. Koire's book arrived today with a bookmark quoting Jeremiah 31:3

I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.

I'm good with any bookmarks reminding me of divine love.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

These are a few of my favorites:

Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China - 1991 Biography:

en.wikipedia.org...

Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China is a family history that spans a century, recounting the lives of three female generations in China, by Chinese writer Jung Chang. First published in 1991, Wild Swans contains the biographies of her grandmother and her mother, then finally her own autobiography. Her grandmother had bound feet and was married off at a young age as the concubine of a high-status warlord. Chang's mother rose in status as a member of the Communist Party. Chang took part in the Cultural Revolution as a member of the Red Guards, but eventually her father was tortured and she was sent to the countryside for thought reform. Later, she earned a scholarship to study in England, where she still lives.

Waiting for Snow in Havana: Confessions of a Cuban Boy is a 2003 book by Carlos Eire and winner of the National Book Award for Nonfiction.[1] The book is autobiographical, about the author's experiences as part of Operation Peter Pan.
en.wikipedia.org...

And a fiction- a book of genesis parallel:
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez 1967
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This thread should be required reading.

All roads lead to rome

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Thanks for adding some good quality texts to our list!

The first book you mentioned came up in a few lists when I was recently looking for a good book on the Cultural Revolution. Glad to have the recommendation.

Have you ever read any Jorge Luis Borges?
Or Dom Casmurro by Joaquim Maria Machado de Assis? I'd highly recommend these for good fiction. That and Chekhov's short stories.
I love Gabriel Garcia Marquez's fantastic writing and scope.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Laura Dodsworth lives just a few miles from me and we have some mutual friends.

By all accounts, she's great at what she does for a living (which isn't writing, analysis, public policy, politics or anything like that) and she talks the talk about plenty of things she knows nothing about. Whether she should be taken seriously is another matter.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese
Yes, I've heard your opinions about her before.

When you can refute what's in the text, I'll definitely listen.
In fact, I'll start. I find this book to be overall a timely and interesting read. I don't buy into everything she says, but rather the bigger picture that she has fleshed out, and find the similarities between the (mis)management of UK and US officials during the pandemic to be interesting and uncanny.

edit on 18-10-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Thanks! I will look into the authors you suggested; I have been yearning for something new to read like this.

One Hundred Years of Solitude was a especially good read because I was in Costa Rica and packed several books in my suitcase(this was before devices were used for book reading). I left this book in one of the houses we rented for someone else to read. I bought it again at a resell shop here to put in my library- it was that good!

I still love the feel of a book with pages I can flip- I guess I’m “old school”.

Thanks again.
edit on 18-10-2021 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This is going to sound weird but stay with me.
Go to Archive.org and search under books then cookbooks.
Go back, way back. Some are around 1900’s.

This was a crazy rabbit hole for me. Back then many cookbooks were also medicine books.
I’ve read some really weird things in some of those books.
One book talked about how it was well known most people couldn’t digest cheese. One discussed medicinal use of
Borax. (People still argue about that today)
Dig around and you’ll see what I mean.

Grab a cup of hot tea and enjoy!

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That's an awesome suggestion--I'd never have ended up looking there otherwise, I'm sure!

I agree that a cook/medicinal therapy book belongs on the list.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Read Everything by our illustrious ATS member Jim Marrs, may he rest in peace.

But especially "The Rise of the Fourth Reich"

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
That is a lot of reading (or in some case re-reading) and more just keeps coming, lol.
"A New Pearl Harbor"
"Doonesbury"
"Calvin and Hobbes"
Mike Royko
Farrell

Marrs of course and definitely the book mentioned above
Thanks for mentioning the great one
a reply to: olaru12

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyFox

Lol, you're right this is a very heavy course load so far

Thanks for adding to the collection!

olaru, great call on the Jim Marrs required reading! I'll have to start there before I get to some of the others, I'm thinking.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   

The Turner Diaries? Way to attract unwanted attention, genius.

This is a radical text. 🙄

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join