It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey is burning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
For the last two days Turkey is burning.
A total of 81 fires in 24 different cities and the main stream media is not covering it (Europe, not sure about US coverage).
I only found out when I saw #prayforturkey trending on Twitter.

Almost every Turkish citizen that is talking about it online is saying that 'Turkey is not burning, it is being burned#!

map of fires

The Turkish people are crying out for help on social media:

my country is being burned the habitats of our people and animals are destroyed. we’re losing our people, animals, habitats. we’re losing our breath, our trees the fire is getting bigger.we need support. spread it, let the world know #PrayForTurkey

Turkey is not burning, Turkey is being burned! It is not necessary to have a high intelligence to understand that it is an arson.The fire still continues at more than 47 points in 7 different cities and and nothing done so far is enough. Please #PrayForTurkey

Hello, I am writing this tweet because we need help. Turkey has been burning for two days. We need to make our voices heard. Dozens of animals died. We are still in danger. Please help us. Our country is on fire. We need help. #PrayForTurkey

Turkey has been burning for about 2 days. Many fires broke out in many cities and still continue. Houses, fields, forests are burning. Our animals are dying. We lost a lot of lives. We need help. We need someone to hear our voice. Please don't stay silent. #PrayForTurkey

#prayforturkey

Do we have ATS members from the area that could explain why the people over there say they are 'being burned'?
Or about what is reported in local media?
Is it just wildfires?

I just saw that English media are doing short stories on it, they say it are wildfires.
NYTimes

Did a quick search and didn't find anything on ATS about it. If I posted this in the wrong forum, feel free to move it

edit on 30-7-2021 by KindraLabelle2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

wow. This is NOT being covered anywhere else, and your ATS post is the first I have heard of this.

Why would such a thing happen?

I know the NW United states and California burn regularly, but I have not heard of such fires ever happening in Turkey before.

Was / is there a drought? Is it forest mis-managment (not cutting out the dead wood?)?

I hope someone can find more info, and yes please, any Turkish ATS-ers ... please advise.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Bad translation?
I'd love to pretend I feel compassion, but... it's Erdogan's Turkey. Sooo...
Good riddance

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I'm not sure, trying to find more info.

Local news is saying that PKK is behind it, all other news is saying that fires are not that uncommon in the area, though I also never seen fires over there this wide spread and all at once.

I have no idea what local Turkish media is a good information source

This one is saying the fires are under control, but people on social media say otherwise
Daily Sabah

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That's terrible.

Weather weapons?

I hope they are able to get it under control asap!

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

what is a bad translation?
Did I make a spelling error? or? guess I'm missing something....

wow that is some statement.
I think that a disaster like this goes beyond politics and religion.
We are still talking about people here... young, the elderly, children, animals, nature,...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Bad translation?
Good riddance

Disagree.

Most of the citizens are just victims of his governance.

The Government does not equal the People, Peeple.
edit on 7/30/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Bad translation?
Good riddance

So it’s Erdogan’s Turkey, so what?

This is Biden’s sh!t storm here in America, but you probably love it.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

From Turkish to English, maybe it's normal to say it like that in Turkish but doesn't translate well.

What a horrible thing to say I know. But the Turks I know are at least semi-criminal, corrupt, liars, racists, mysoginists, anti-semites... and there's Erdogan.
And I mean look around what's happening everywhere this year why should Turkey be spared?

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I play a game online that most of the members are from Turkey, I have no heard anything about fires in any of the chats by the members.

So I have no idea what is going on.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Malachi 4:1 ESV / 187 “For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze, says the Lord of hosts, so that it will leave them neither root nor branch"

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

From Turkish to English, maybe it's normal to say it like that in Turkish but doesn't translate well.

What a horrible thing to say I know. But the Turks I know are at least semi-criminal, corrupt, liars, racists, mysoginists, anti-semites... and there's Erdogan.
And I mean look around what's happening everywhere this year why should Turkey be spared?

Those tweets are written in English by Turkish people.

Honestly, that is how a lot of people think about Turkish immigrants in my country. Truth is that the only reason they are more prone to criminality is that they get almost zero chances in this society BECAUSE OF racism.
Every country has bad apples but no need to generalize them all

If you ever get the chance again to go on a vacation in Turkey, not in tourist cities, but further inland, you will find there the most kind, respecting and generous people you'll ever meet!

It's about people, not politics.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Thanks for posting the vid

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm at the point where I'm trying to avoid the news
so, have not heard of this. Around here, heatwave and forest fire season, is a bad combo. We have 253 wildfires, 38 are very concerning, a few weeks back the village of Litton B.C. burnt to the ground. These are natural occurrences, having said that, a few people have been caught setting fires here, if up to me..immediate death penalty for that.

It sounds like the fires in Turkey are not natural.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

wow. This is NOT being covered anywhere else, and your ATS post is the first I have heard of this.

They're busy talking about the vaccines and the Olympics.

You know, the important stuff that really matters....

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   

read this
And that
And the well known issue of domestic violence against women in Turkey.
Do you know how often I've been charmed with how I should work as prostitute for those lovely Turkish fellows?
So no sorry that shipped has sailed. Not nice people. Definitely not.
Maybe the odd black sheep here and there, but usually they get spyed on and threatened by the other Turks. So...

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well if we are going that route...

The Turks I know (and we have a lot in the Netherlands) are pretty okay people.

It's those damn Marokkans!!! Mocro flavour......

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To anyone genuinely interested in the topic...

I'm sorry it drew out the racists

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join