It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about an old bass.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: musicismagic

I'll be honest, I'm confused. Uploading used to work, but now it doesn't. I do everything on my android devices. Maybe that's the problem? It shows up as having uploaded but then it's just not available. Oh well. I think your "very simple" comment made me dumber, lol. Regards, an electronics graduate.

I've had problems lately as well uploading images. But I think I've figured out what's wrong. Whenever I try to upload an image that is bigger than 2 megabytes, even by just a few kilobytes, it goes through the uploading process fine, but when finished uploading, it's not there. So, when my pictures are bigger than 2 megabytes, I shrink them down further so that they're under 2 megabytes and that has always worked for me.

Maybe the new owners lowered the size for images, to save space?

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Thanks for the reply. Its definitely 70s and six string. Like I said I've had trouble identifying the thing. My understanding was that it's a very early type then was sort of cobbled together. It was never a working instrument (that I know) until it came to me. It sat in an attic for over 40 years.
edit on 1-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Any ideas on checking a SN without marring the paint? If there is one, its certainly covered up.

I've sometimes seen it on the back of the metal plate that holds the neck to the body. That's something you could remove fairly easily and not do any harm to the bass.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

BTW, holy crap I'm looking up handcrafted mockingbird going for 6 grand plus. Man, I can play a decent baseline on water stained walls. This is bananas. Kinda wish I didn't pawn me 58 Gibson. Can't win em all.

I've got an exported Gibson Les Paul here made for the export market. It has the coil tap pickups and with modern weight relief body.

That's cool, man. Mine was one of those cheap les Paul Jr line. Cherry red and aged well. You're in Japan, right? I gotta old violen from the early 1800s from Japan. Probably not worth much but its special to me. Family heirloom stuff. I've been trying to find a good Luther to touch it up. God, the amount of instruments I've acquired over the years is just insane.

I've also got a Japanese instrument, an electric guitar from the 1960s. Musicismagic might appreciate it as well since he lives in Japan. It's a Kingston Swinger:

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

That's such a beautiful guitar! Dude the style screams 60s. Amazing condition from what I can see.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   
BC Rich have a serial number that tells you exactly what year and quarter they are made

This should help you easily price it online to see its value

Here is a link that explains how to read the serial stamp and date the guitar

Dating Your BC Rich

*Edit* I just read that it was covered up

You won't be able to do much without uncovering the serial stamp
edit on 2 7 21 by Compendium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

Helpful link nonetheless. I actually visited that site with little luck. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That thank you may have come off wrong. It was true.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I know. No problem mate 👍😊

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join