It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marauders - serious threat?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: JBurns

This is one of the reasons why I prefer arrows over bullets.

Silent and reusable.
Mostly silent.
I don't know about "reusable."
They tend to get broke and bent.
It is a fine tool for punching a hole in a target for someone well-practiced.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   
They may take my stuff. I'll do my best to kill as many as possible, but they are all doomed anyway.

I am a Vietnam vet and a blaster.

If they kill me, my supplies will get them with the tannerite i have in my supplies and blasting caps i have.

i can catch fish where no one even knows there are fish. like the la aqueduct pipes that go through the valley I live in. in calif people fish in the open aqueduct canal system but almost eveyone does not believe they are fish in the closed pipes

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Great thread OP. I was speaking with a Special Forces chap years ago about the SHTF scenario. The Special Forces moniker is not that important but he made a good point. I asked him if you could only have one weapon in a SHTF situation what would it be. My choice was a 308 bolt action rifle. He said his choice would be a 12ga. pump action shotgun. He asked me why I chose the 308 and I said I could really reach out and touch the target from a good distance with it. I asked him the same question. He grinned and said as long as he was unnoticed and the threat was a long distance away he was not concerned with it. The threat that was close in was the real concern and the 12ga. would take care of that in short order. What I got from his statement was if the threat cannot see me or hear me and does not know I am there he will not react and is not a threat. Edible wild plants, small mammals, insects and a water source will keep me alive. I can get all of these without firing a shot. A firearm is great for defense but it is noisy and will definitely give away your position. Is it absolutely necessary? Not if I can avoid confrontation. Is my plan to carry a shotgun? Yes. A Shotgun is fairly easy to reload without special tools. This is how I train for a SHTF situation. The main ingredients is thought.

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I have lost a few caches myself over the years. Fortunately never the ones that contain any Glock brand Glocks

But I try to cache water or water purifying supplies, life boat rations, hand warmers, fire making, and spare compass/map in almost anything I come into that looks like it would hold a small stash

Agree on the You Tube series. Would love to see this scenario played out

posted on Jun, 14 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Diogeneser

Tend to agree here as well
If you are getting into gun fights, your days are numbered. They just are. The chances of even an unskilled shooter eventually landing a shot on target are too great

No shame at all in the trusty shotgun. Something about punching through a car door with 00/slug and still dusting the target on the other side is reassuring. Of course with modern day ammo, even my pistol can reliably penetrate glass or car doors. But it certainly doesn't have the distinction of being able to put down any creature roaming around these parts with a well placed shot

I enjoy my AR platform for several reasons. 1 is the RDIAS option, but ammo weight is important as well. Unless I am driving the truck or on the ATV, it is usually just me and my Glock 23 or 17. Even with those advantages, getting into gun fights much less picking those fights seems like a quick way to end my mission of "surviving"
edit on 6/14/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join