It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marauders - serious threat?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would like to point out first and foremost that we have at least 2 of these types of survival groups operating in the area I live. Their expressed goals are to take the supplies of others during a disaster. Our own group very closely keeps tabs on them, their strength, their training and their proximity to our locations. We routinely overfly their locations with drones, to keep up to date imagery on these (and all) threats nearby. We even have a member or two who joined up with them.

While reading an article on an SHTF blog, they made some excellent points about these types.

By design, they will be operational almost immediately. Based on historical fact, the criminal element will be on scene way before any FEMA outreach program can be of assistance to the desperate, hapless, woefully unprepared populace. The bigger the disaster the faster these looters/marauders will be on scene and the more embolden they will be.

While they may not be a crack SEAL Team 6 commando unit, they are still armed and very dangerous. They will use historically proven ambush tactics of surprise and violence to catch the unprepared off guard. They won’t go toe to toe with a stronger group.

Disregard these marauder types all you want. But history shows that “TAKING” is always easier than actually working for something.

shtfartofwar.wordpress.com...

I for one take them seriously.
As silly as they seem to be, they will have a list of priority targets for the area they live in.

If you have a group like this in your area, I’d suggest putting them on your “Naughty List” and be prepared to deal with them accordingly.

My question is this.. do you know the likely marauders in your area and do you keep an eye on them?
edit on 6/5/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
My question is this.. do you know the likely marauders in your area and do you keep an eye on them?

My take ... EVERYBODY!

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I think I do a good job of NOT dealing with that kind of person. They are easy to identify and avoid.
Count on people you trust, and trust people you can count on.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:04 PM
link   
namely, the government.

when Karina drove people out of their homes, the government used fema to disarm them, taking away their least worldly prosessions.

i trust the law with a gun even less than a hungry man with one.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Your very first action, in the event of sh#t hitting the fan, should be to attack that group en masse and relieve them of their supplies and armaments

Mercy is for the weak, if you allow any one of them to live to fight another day, then you will be fighting them another day

Your group sounds organised and prepared for them, but sympathy, empathy, trust, benefit of doubt and compassion are massive disadvantages when dealing with people who have none

Fire with fire, you’ll only have to do it the once

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
We call those types 'target practice' in this neck of the woods.
C'mon and get you some.
edit on 5-6-2021 by Homefree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Your very first action, in the event of sh#t hitting the fan, should be to attack that group en masse and relieve them of their supplies and armaments

Mercy is for the weak, if you allow any one of them to live to fight another day, then you will be fighting them another day

Your group sounds organised and prepared for them, but sympathy, empathy, trust, benefit of doubt and compassion are massive disadvantages when dealing with people who have none

And you immediately have lost any moral high ground that you might have had and become what you were afraid of.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Best bet is try to avoid catching their eye, second best is if it hits the fan they should be under 24 surveillance.

Strike first is a terrible idea unless you can guarantee the govt is gone.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

The moral high ground, yep, that’s whats important here.

Let them in then

If that’s what your IQ tells you to do

The ‘moral high ground’ is not a real thing in those situations

Try feeding the remainder of your loved ones with ‘moral high ground’
edit on 5 6 2021 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Enjoy your moral high ground when you get ambushed, forced to watch your female family/friends raped before your eyes and then killed as they walk away from your corpse with all you own. That's if you are lucky.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I spoke of this situation a while back. It is why groups have a better chance of making it than the lone wolf.

You have to sleep, and you have to go to the bathroom. Both of these can make you vulnerable to attacks. I don't think you have to just worry about marauders roaming in a pack. I have been told numerous times here at ATS, and other places on the internet that, anyone and everyone is expendable. Many have been honest enough to say they would kill and steal for survival of themselves and their children.

Survival is a vicious task master. Many people have never been in a situation where they had to really look at who and what they really are. Few if any of us have ever been hungry enough to eat feces, or to drink urine, and I pray that none of us ever find ourselves in that plight.

You might just be more than surprised at what you will do to survive, and no one is safe if things ever get that bad.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Bait the funnel trap with an “easy, weak link” then close the pincer.

Yep, just like a fish trap baited with guts at the end

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We are fortunate to have several active law enforcement officers including the sitting County Sheriff among our ranks. This has brought many benefits to us, including the imperative to behave morally, responsibily and ethically, and to dedicate ourselves as a group to maintaining that posture in an emergency.

I say it is a strength, because holding up this directive can only be done through extensive stockpiles, not just beans bullets and bandaids, but every possible supply you can imagine, we have it stocked and secreted away. It also includes training, the best training we can afford from the most capable folks we can muster. And it has paid dividends. We have all sorts of talent among our ranks, not just law enforcement, but emergency medical technicians, nurses, farmers, mechanics and more...all strong, moral, ethical IE: good people who know how to get the job done and aren't afraid of hard work or getting their hands dirty

It is concerning to know how many individuals and groups alike in this area plan to shoot first and ask questions later and take supplies from other prepper groups. We are lucky to have quite a bit of land and fortifications built up here, plenty of space to train and plenty of space to farm. This would probably make us an attractive target too. But our response system is swift, capable of putting a fairly large fighting force in their face within minutes. During an actual emergency, the plan is we all meet up here and wait it out. Together.

It is comforting to know what these types are up to. But what worries me...is how many have this exact plan but just haven't broadcast their intentions yet? Our hope is that encountering a well armed and well trained group prepared to defend their position to the last bullet will change their calculus. But as others have pointed out, fear and desperation can be powerful motivators and a show of force might not be enough

The one thing we have going for us...is this area is very remote. Very remote. The chances of someone stumbling across it on accident is small. Google Earth level satellite imagery doesn't show nearly enough detail to make us a target either.
edit on 6/5/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Bait the funnel trap with an “easy, weak link” then close the pincer.

Yep, just like a fish trap baited with guts at the end

Very smart advice

Going to look at implementing some bait traps. Also like the networked security radar system another ATSer pointed out the other day. Maintaining a network in grid-down is a priority for us, operating a backup motorola trunked radio, FRS/GPRS and a subscriber grade wireless network

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I run across these sorts periodically, too.

I had one idiot, I mean gentleman, tell me that all he'll need to do is breakdown some doors, and he'll have plenty of food, and other things...carefully leaving unsaid what those other things were, though the implication was crystal clear.

My response was not conducive to continued amiable conversation...

I informed him that he's a dead man walking with that sort of thought process... Perhaps not phrased quite so politely--but I made my point.

Living as I do in a somewhat rural area of Alabama, many of us are at least semi-self sufficient as regards food, etc... Most of us would not take kindly to "takers" in the slightest. Though they'd make for great fertilizer.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM

And you immediately have lost any moral high ground that you might have had and become what you were afraid of.

Survival has no moral high ground.

If you honestly think it does, then congratulations on your Darwin Award should TSHTF.

edit on 5-6-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

" Dog Eats Dog when the Kibble Runs Out "

Charles Darwin Channeled by Ted Nugent .......

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

If you honestly think it does, then congratulations on your Darwin Award should TSHTF.

I think that they have been quite successful in making sure few of us survive, should the SHTF. The amount of anger, intolerance, hate, and selfishness, I see slathered all over the internet as normal, cool, and expected, is troubling.

I see video after video, of someone being mean, nasty, and aggressive, for what they interpret as a slight, or as their rights, with complete disregard to the rights of others. It scares me, because this is what they are programming people to believe is the right way to act. Civility and respect, are behaviors that are shunned, and it is setting us up to kill each other in a time that working to together is the only hope we have at making it.

There are are a handful of people that see the handwriting on the wall, and fewer still that can actually read it, with even less that understand it.

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
namely, the government.

when Karina drove people out of their homes, the government used fema to disarm them, taking away their least worldly prosessions.

i trust the law with a gun even less than a hungry man with one.

TRUTH BOMB!

posted on Jun, 5 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: Lumenari

I think that they have been quite successful in making sure few of us survive, should the SHTF. The amount of anger, intolerance, hate, and selfishness, I see slathered all over the internet as normal, cool, and expected, is troubling.

I see video after video, of someone being mean, nasty, and aggressive, for what they interpret as a slight, or as their rights, with complete disregard to the rights of others. It scares me, because this is what they are programming people to believe is the right way to act. Civility and respect, are behaviors that are shunned, and it is setting us up to kill each other in a time that working to together is the only hope we have at making it.

There are are a handful of people that see the handwriting on the wall, and fewer still that can actually read it, with even less that understand it.

Another TRUTH BOMB!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join