It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly speculative theory of (almost) everything

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Gee, I love this place and the wonderful beings haunting it.

Fly's premise is probably on the correct back road to Truthville as long as certain turn offs or incredibly convoluted turnpikes are navigated correctly. There's always the possibility that one is stuck at a roadside attraction getting too buzzed on sugary soda, though.

It hinges on our defining terms of what is is or isn't.

I do wonder if "simulation" is the correct word. If it's "simulations" all the way down, then what is being "simulated?"

Ultimately, I'm as lost as anyone but you guys make the trip so much more interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Gee, I love this place and the wonderful beings haunting it.

Fly's premise is probably on the correct back road to Truthville as long as certain turn offs or incredibly convoluted turnpikes are navigated correctly. There's always the possibility that one is stuck at a roadside attraction getting too buzzed on sugary soda, though.

It hinges on our defining terms of what is is or isn't.

I do wonder if "simulation" is the correct word. If it's "simulations" all the way down, then what is being "simulated?"

Ultimately, I'm as lost as anyone but you guys make the trip so much more interesting.

Ummm...perhaps your answer lies somewhere in the...”we are made in the image of”...which...conversely...would make us images as well...

Perhaps...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 22 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Well if that's the case could you imagine me 20 years old again and wealthy...I'll take the rest from there

I dont know brah. Im having a hard time on imagining that people are necessary or needed. At all!

I mean. I think what if I don't imagine you at all. Will you just simply disappear from existence? Maybe it time to change the channel and play another game.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have taken to using "imitation" over "simulation" as a preferential term personally, simply because Simulation has a lot of baggage attached to it that may or may not describe the nature of things. Just a point of consideration rather than an argument for or against.

This topic is like the everlasting gobstopper. I never reach the end and never really get tired of sucking on it.

posted on Mar, 26 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

So, if the world is made in the image of God, as we who are in the world are said to be, then God may be perceived as Hackensack, NJ?

Am I doing this analogy thing correctly?

And was the image on film or digital?
edit on 3/26/2021 by Baddogma because: add and remove erant commas

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I hope everybody realizes that fairytales are easy to make up. They are just stories without any proof whatsoever.

A pinch of Quantum Mechanics, a dazzle of mysticism mixed with a quart of religion makes for an interesting story. But that’s about it.

Nobody knows what consciousness is and therefore we can’t explain reality. It’s really that simple.

posted on Jul, 22 2021 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I hope everybody realizes that fairytales are easy to make up. They are just stories without any proof whatsoever.

A pinch of Quantum Mechanics, a dazzle of mysticism mixed with a quart of religion makes for an interesting story. But that’s about it.

Nobody knows what consciousness is and therefore we can’t explain reality. It’s really that simple.

Nothing is that simple and the moment you think it is everything changes .

With That being said I will say your not wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join