It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

96 year old vaccinated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm a mailman and a lot of the people on my route like to come out to chitchat and say hello. One of them is a 96 year old woman that wont leave her outgoing and likes to hand it directly to me. She always is walking and pretty limber for her age.

She was having her grandson stay with her, home from the army and wanted the vaccine before he came. I told her to follow what she thinks is best. Not wanting to scare her with the stuff I read.

Well I hadn't seen her for a few days. She pops out to give me mail and she took her first shot. She said her body hurt everywhere and she felt awful, but assured me the second shot would clear that up. I wished her the best and went on my way. 2 days later I walk up to her house and she isnt waiting. I hear her yell wait from inside. She had a Walker and shuffled up to the door. Said she feels worse than she ever has. All her joints hurt, and her knees especially.

She's convinced the vaccine did this to her as she was perfectly fine before this. I just told her I'm sure itll clear up and I'd keep her in my thoughts.

When you see someone everyday that old still doing great and living their life, it breaks your heart seeing such a fast decline out of no where.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sad because I been reading stories of these.
I think in this country, the vaccine is not being marketed in a very positive way due to the aging population.
It is strange about the way this vaccine is being marketed. This corona virus thing is just not a normal virus and those that know it are either dead by now or have been silenced .

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

96 ? Quite young then.

A 108-year-old woman has received the Covid vaccination on her birthday. Marion Dawson, from Houston in Renfrewshire, is the third oldest person in Scotland to be given the vaccine

www.bbc.com...

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles She said her body hurt everywhere and she felt awful, but assured me the second shot would clear that up.

i don't share her confidence on that.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

But has she gotten covid 19?

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A friend in her 40's who is never sick and always on the go got her first shot about 3 weeks ago. She was in the emergency room less than an hour later and has finally been able to go back to work this week, but she is definitely not her usual energetic and chipper self any more. She's a different person now.

I hope your friend gets through this and is able to get back to her old self.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sounds like this woman had a bad reaction to the vaccine. Well, it is evident she still has an immune system...hopefully she gets back to normal soon. I don't know if she should take the second shot though, as long as she informs the doctor, he will make the determination. Most people I know that had reactions to the first dose had a worse one to the second...but nobody I personally know had a real bad reaction. My oldest daughter knows three or four people who got pretty sick, but I do not know them at all.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   
A friend of ours who is in her late 60s just had her second dose of the vaccine, she is in bad shape. She can barely get out of bed because her body hurts so bad.

She is a dental hygienist and is in pretty good shape except for for a bad knee. She said if she knew this would happen she would probably have thought harder about the immunization.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

96 ? Quite young then.

A 108-year-old woman has received the Covid vaccination on her birthday. Marion Dawson, from Houston in Renfrewshire, is the third oldest person in Scotland to be given the vaccine

www.bbc.com...

Leave it out.

My uncle wound up in ICU after his shot and he's 3 decades younger.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Me either, but I wasnt going to scare her.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No, but she also left her house for the first time in 6 months to get the shot. I'm surprised she thinks it's safe for me to grab the mail.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Me either, but I wasnt going to scare her.

There's nothing more you can say in your position.

Positive attitude is the rule to live by in your job.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

96 ? Quite young then.

www.bbc.com...

Leave it out.

My uncle wound up in ICU after his shot and he's 3 decades younger.

So why did the OP mention age then ? Anyone at any age can have a reaction to a vaccine.

edit on 26-2-2021 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Oh no.. I hope she is going to be okay.
This shot is friggin scary. I'm very concerned for our old folks that are trusting the vaccine and are just trying to protect themselves. It's heart breaking to hear stories like this of people who are doing well and even thriving and then crashing after these shots. Sending positive hugs her way!

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I mentioned age because most people that old are in wheel chairs, or don't move at all. For someone at 96 to still be doing so well in life, and then have a drastic transformation after getting vaccinated is sad. Granted at any age it's sad, but to keep going for so long, and taking something to better her life. To this is hard to fathom.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

No one knows how you are likely to react to any vaccine. The choice is you either have it or you don't.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My older brother, who is 65 years old, got the jab on the 3rd and by the 8th, he had a dizzy spell, took a fall and got admitted to a hospital that tested him COVID positive. A couple days later he was bed ridden at the hospital and is to this day. When I talk to him, he's in miserable shape.

He was at another facility before this and was tested regularly, he always tested negative. He said he's got one of the new strains, not sure if I believe him though. He has other dangerous health issues, but intends on getting the second jab while I'm readying myself to have to travel for a funeral.
edit on 26-2-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

If only people were being educated on the side effects huh.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Keep us posted on his second shot. That's a wild ride he has been on already it sounds like.

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No one knows how you are likely to react to any vaccine. The choice is you either have it or you don't.

Yep, we have a choice.

Like our PM said. Canadians won’t be forced to take it but there may be consequences if we don’t.

Maybe he should have been more forthcoming and said that there may be consequences if we do take it.

Consequences of not taking it... become a second class citizen.

Consequences of taking it... sickness, pain, incapacitation, and possibly death.

Until they stop going against the Nuremberg Declaration and stop experimenting on the general population and prove that this is safe I opt for second class citizen status.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join