It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Rush Limbaugh 2/17/21

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: CrazyWater

A man who told his listeners that smoking doesn’t kill, died from smoking today. RIP to a man who made a living off of literal fake news and lying to people. Who helped pave the way for the divided country we live in.

The world will be a better place without him.

Karma's a bitch. Buckle your seatbelt. You can't back up anything you said so stfu.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

It's like these people have never listened to Rush Limbaugh before Trump gave him a shiny medal!

Evidently you missed the actual context above that repaints those quotes in a very mundane, non malicious light.

Knee-jerk rush-posting is never a good idea, you tend to miss contextually important posts while rushing to hit submit, thinking you got a good zinger in. Except you didn't, because the bubble was already popped before you got here.

LOL

Rush was the quintessential SHOCK JOCK. He didn't say anything in a mundane, non-malicious light!

LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: seagull
There's free speech, and then there's just plain rude, and out of place. There is a difference.

It's still protected. I don't like it one bit but I'm willing to say they have the right to behave like total dirtbags.

Protected by law, yes. Morally right? Far from it. The world would be far better off without the hate-filled left who do nothing other than tear others down. Rush exposed many of them early on and they have always hated him for doing so. They are no longer able to hide, we see them clearly now.

Speaking of the WBC, have you ever seen them in action in person? I have, several times. I used to ride with the Patriot Guard Riders and attended many funerals in the past to help shield the families from those scumbags and show respect to those who did a job I couldn't. Hiding behind the 1st Amendment to deliver hate is the act of a coward.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It's like these people have never listened to Rush Limbaugh before Trump gave him a shiny medal!

Evidently you missed the actual context above that repaints those quotes in a very mundane, non malicious light.

Knee-jerk rush-posting is never a good idea, you tend to miss contextually important posts while rushing to hit submit, thinking you got a good zinger in. Except you didn't, because the bubble was already popped before you got here.

LOL

Rush was the quintessential SHOCK JOCK. He didn't say anything in a mundane, non-malicious light!

LOL

Did you ever listen to him or are you just repeating The View spewage?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:36 PM
link   

CAUTION
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!!
Trolling, And What To Do About It

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

*ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.
Terms And Conditions Of Use

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.
This could include temporary POSTING BANS.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: CrazyWater

A man who told his listeners that smoking doesn’t kill, died from smoking today. RIP to a man who made a living off of literal fake news and lying to people. Who helped pave the way for the divided country we live in.

The world will be a better place without him.

congrats. this is a really big day for you.

but seriously I wouldn't wish that death on my worst enemy and the left celebrating really says alot about the state of our country. so spare us all your divided country BS
edit on 17-2-2021 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2021 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He realized too late, that the Republican Party is no better than the Democratic Party

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

LOL

LOL

I listened to Rush a few times and didn't always agree, which is fine. Most people offended or hate him with such cold heartless passion are taught to hate him. sad but not surprised

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

LOL

LOL

Did you ever listen to him or are you just repeating The View spewage?

Never willingly. My Dad was a big fan.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
its looks really cold in texas

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
He is now in a better place, a place where no democrats will ever go.

You'll find few democrats in hell.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

Well you think that the State is God so forgive me if I take your opinion about the afterlife with a pinch of salt.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Well you think that the State is God so forgive me if I take your opinion about the afterlife with a pinch of salt.

I don't recall saying that, or even asking you.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You are not God,so you do not know do ya?

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Plenty of righties that are only focused on tearing down lefties. I think the left is more prominent but it's not just one sided.

It's ying and yang. Both sides need each other in order to further extremism and the divide.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

He said something along the lines of second hand smoke being not dangerous at all. And downplaying first hand smoke saying it takes 50 years to kill someone, if it even does.

www.nydailynews.com...

That's not anything to do with politics, but more of a smoker who is being ignorant. Ive seen plenty of smokers think similar things. Even seen a woman smoking during pregnancy and downplaying it.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

John Rich
@johnrich

When I was on Celebrity Apprentice, Rush Limbaugh made a donation of $100,000 dollars to St Jude Children's Hospital to support them, and my mission on the TV Show under the condition that he remained anonymous.

I never said a word until now. He will be missed. #RIPRushLimbaugh

12:36 PM · Feb 17, 2021

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't wish a cancer or cancer death on anyone...didn't like the man but am sure he has family and friends that are mourning him ..now rush didn't actually protest at funerals but when people died of aids he would say their name and ring bells and whistles in celebration of their death.......he was ok with mocking people who died...I will not do the same to him

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

As y'all say when someone gets cancelled, private venues and stuff.

As a society, we used to expect some respect out of each other, even when we hated each other. Certain things were off limits. When we allowed those norms to be torn down, this is where it leads. There is something to be said for behavioral standards in a populace.

I gotta agree, protesting at a funeral is the bastion of the lowest of low pieces of complete unmitigated #. You're not protesting the corpse, it's a stone-cold dead corpse and it does not care. All you're doing is making a hard event even more miserable for people who have # all to do with you or why you're there making # worse for 'em.

Might not be able to legislate that people have class, but at least we've got the option of legislating where to be classLESS at within empathetic reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join