It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Votes Trump ‘Won the Election in a Landslide’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I'm smart enough not to get involved with Trump, I'll tell you that much.

Yet not smart enough to make your post any less specious than the one you were responding to.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Trump wasn't impeached for making false statements. He was impeached for inciting an insurrection. He was tried, for inciting an insurrection, in the Senate and acquitted.

That’s right

Because he never incited an “insurrection”

So he could not be found guilty of doing so

Some people entered a building. That’s NOT insurrection. It’s not even an attempted insurrection. Not by ANYONES definition.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

No, the House as the prosecuting party has to prove he is guilty of what they claimed. They had the burden of proof. They put it on themselves.

If they want that conviction.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

And there is no evidence that wide scale voter fraud affected that outcome.

This is another msm talking point regurgitated over and over using the exact same words.

There is, however, evidence that TARGETED voter fraud affected that outcome.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

No, the House as the prosecuting party has to prove he is guilty of what they claimed. They had the burden of proof. They put it on themselves.

If they want that conviction.

There must be some fringe benefit to putting a pandemic on hold just for one lousy victory.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Conviction was never likely. Everyone already knew that going in.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Trump wasn't impeached for making false statements. He was impeached for inciting an insurrection. He was tried, for inciting an insurrection, in the Senate and acquitted.

That’s right

Because he never incited an “insurrection”

So he could not be found guilty of doing so

Some people entered a building. That’s NOT insurrection. It’s not even an attempted insurrection. Not by ANYONES definition.

Trespassing at most. If we exclude the fact that the doors were opened for them to stroll around.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You're not understanding the OP.

I understand that the OP is errant.

posted on Feb, 16 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Aye we are doing smashing this side of the pond. LoL 

How many different variants now doing the rounds? 

About 4 that they know about, which probably dont bode to well. 

Quite.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The way everything is fitting together makes me think that in the future there may be something major happening. I see how everything is fitting together, but cannot yet figure out how this is all going to work out.

Something is brewing and I think this is going to trash the Democrat party within two years as things unfold, and some very predominant rich individuals in our society are going to be tossed in prison....and I am thinking most of those will be Democrats. This is by no means over, the Democrats opened Pandora's box and this will lead to many top officials being charged with crimes against the government and also some of their big supporters on the Democrat side. By then our economy will be collapsed and people will have learned how the Media is also responsible. It will be too late for the majority of Americans and of course, the EU will step up and help as long as we sell our soul to them.

The EU is whom would benefit the most by all this, they want our military power to control the world. Actually, if I was a head person in the EU, I would probably believe as they do.

Charged with crimes by who? Our toothless, spineless, and brainless DOJ? IMHO. Wish I had a nickle for every time I read that Hillary, Comey, etc. were going to go to jail. Now under the direction of the democrats and the puppy dog tamed media, they will be protecting the lies instead of prosecuting the liars and those who are actually destructive to our Republic. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

And there is no evidence that wide scale voter fraud affected that outcome.

But that isn't precisely accurate, now is it?

michaeljlindell.com...

At the very least the above mentioned evidence SHOULD deserve a proper investigation, should it not? Where is the DOJ?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   

a reply to: mikell

Lol, my timeline is extremely intact. Trump was spreading the lies about election fraud that directly lead to the assault months before the assault. He was the one who told them all to come to Washington D.C. on January 6th. And he already knew how violent his supporters were after the assault on the Michigan state capital earlier last year. All of that happened WAY before anyone stormed the capital.

And look what happened to those that did - they got charged and arrested, and not pardoned by Trump or any of that. Trump threw them under the bus.

Enjoy your leader! Have fun!

two things. First, Trump isn't president anymore. There was an election, it seems Joe Biden won. he is not president. If you need a link, let me know.

two, are you saying Trump is guilty because he assembled a group for a speech? I thought the first amendment allowed him that right. Are you anti-constitution? Are you a commie?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Shows your evidence then???

That should be easy.
edit on 17-2-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

The My Pillow guy really???!!!

If that's your unequitable evidence.

I have to ask would you be interested in the purchase of a chocolate teapot?

If there was any real evidence it would have be presented in court.

Not being touted by a crack head nutter that dropped his rock pipe.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Wow. This is quite interesting.
Burden of proof was placed.
To prove what? for simplicity:
Trump was guilty bc he told rioters to march to the capital and break in.

And Why did the rioters March there and break in?
Because Trump told them the election was fraudulent and stolen from the people.

So uhm the whole motive behind Trump to ask marchers to go to the capital and the entire reason anyone became a rioter (election fraud) just was proven as true bc that’s all that’s left.

Insurrection was ruled false so you can stick that in the bin of things that never existed, fairy tale land, delusional make believe and erased from the record and history. It’s not part of Jan 6th anymore.

Jan 6th was literally just proven true based on Trumps version of Jan 6th exclusively.
So according to the Federal Govt and Courts all that happened on Jan 6th in reality and not in the land of make believe are three things. These three things are now true.
1 - election fraud being declared by Trump,
2 - Trump asking for people to March to the capital bc of the election fraud that was declared
3 - Dipsh#ts caused a riot bc they are easy to pay to do such meaningless and harmful things to themselves

Maybe I’m wrong and this is all over my head, anyway I got one more mind bender.
I must have seen this 5-6 times stated in this thread that “The election is over and Biden is President and that’s it!!”
Well can I get an educated opinion on a possible scenario. Just bc I want to know where the limits to that statement reside legally. Ya know, the parameters and not some made up, zero sum game. And this is obviously not a real scenario but helps define the legal parameters for us not in the know.

Scenario:
Tomorrow, Feb 18th 2021,
it comes to light that what has been captured clearly on video with audio, recorded completely on secure data sheets, and corroborated by credible eye witnesses like a judge or another federal representative,
that 10 million fake votes or ballots or thumbs up were clearly found for Joe Biden,
Do you really think he’s still going to be The President on Feb 19th?
There’s no parameters to remove him now if that evidence is found? It’s a zero sum game?
Really? Ok. Not even sure why any real American would be ok with such authoritarian beliefs.
edit on 17-2-2021 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I think you may find they manage to charged the misguided muppets storming capitol buildings with a bit more than simple trespassing at the end of the day.

They are going to fling the book at those people and make an example out of a right good few Wide-Eyes.

That's just how the system rolls, justice has to be seen to be done, and crimes prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

At least where the plebs are concerned.

For a start criminal acts like conspiring to commit a federal offense, obstruction of an official proceeding, unlawful entry into a restricted area, and violent or disorderly conduct are apt to be on the table along with trespass.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Why are you still believing your lies? It will end badly for you, Trump is causing problems for everyone, including Republicans and those who followed his words and stormed the capital. There is no reason to follow him, it won't help you. He will turn on you for his own ego. You are being played. I'm smart enough not to get involved with Trump, I'll tell you that much.

The Senate voted it is not false to say Trump won the election in a landslide. It was properly decided and a court cannot determine otherwise. The electoral count is regulated by Congress. It's a political question.

As to the rest, I am well-aware that no one can really be trusted and I have my guard up always. Thank you for your concern.

Do you really read that into the text you have pasted? I only ask because it doesn't say anything of the kind. It says Trump denies what he said was in error, which just means doesn't like admitting he was talking nonsense.

I hope you don't work in law.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   

a reply to: darkbake

It's not for Van Der Veen to decide who won the election...it's not up to Trump either. It's up to Congress and the House left it to the Senate to decide via Impeachment.

The House had all the opportunity in the world to prove Biden won. The burden of proof was on the House...their choice.

No, you are just being weird, now. The impeachment was nothing at all to do with deciding who had won the election. Do you really believe this stuff as you write it?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

No, you are just being weird, now. The impeachment was nothing at all to do with deciding who had won the election. Do you really believe this stuff as you write it?

Are you saying Trump wasnt being impeached bc of a riot caused by him stating the election was a fraud?

Bro, come on now
edit on 17-2-2021 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

And why did they enter the building? I bet 99% of them say because trump said the election was fraudulent.

That's not directly saying to storm the capitol which is why he wasn't fully impeached.

If the election was such an obvious fraud,,then why didn't most of congress and senate say so?

They're all in on it? All against trump? That just sounds like QAnon BS.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join