It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Covid Vaxxers Vs Anti-Vaxxers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef

To some extent, a vaccination is a vaccination.

The technologies used in COVID-19 vaccines have also been used in other vaccines.

As with all medicines, there are drawbacks, bad reactions, and side effects. They try to minimize them by good testing and science, but they are still there.

That being said, more than one and a half million people have died from COVID-19 (worldwide). I don't think that the number of adverse reactions to the vaccine will be anything but the tiniest fraction of that number.

A jab is more likely to save your life than to kill (or injure) you.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You can look at numbers worldwide, but what it comes down to are your personal odds because you are still an isolated instance.

Just like every single coin flip will still have the same odds of being either heads or tails no matter what the outcomes of the previous coin flips have been, even if you have had 20 heads in a row. That 21st flip still has a 50/50 shot at being either heads or tails.

Similarly, my odds are surviving the disease are still my odds of surviving no matter how many worldwide have died, and my odds of having adverse vaccine reaction are still my odds of adverse reaction. It doesn't matter how many others have had it or not. One chance will be higher for me, and I will decide to opt away from that riskier activity. At the moment, it may well be riskier for me to take the vaccine.

edit on 21-12-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That's fair.

Not a clear answer, but fair.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef
a reply to: network dude

Why aren't you willing to say you are an anti-vaxxer?

Is it because of the PR campaign prior to Covid?

Are you willing to say you're an anti-safeter? I think from the context you know what an anti-safeter is - somebody who is against safety. Are you against safety?

TCB

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You can look at numbers worldwide, but what it comes down to are your personal odds because you are still an isolated instance.

Just like every single coin flip will still have the same odds of being either heads or tails no matter what the outcomes of the previous coin flips have been, even if you have had 20 heads in a row. That 21st flip still has a 50/50 shot at being either heads or tails.

Similarly, my odds are surviving the disease are still my odds of surviving no matter how many worldwide have died, and my odds of having adverse vaccine reaction are still my odds of adverse reaction. It doesn't matter how many others have had it or not. One chance will be higher for me, and I will decide to opt away from that riskier activity. At the moment, it may well be riskier for me to take the vaccine.

Yes, every roll of the dice is unique, but we can say that overall patterns of outcomes will fit probability. That's the way probability works.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Vaccines have been a good thing for mankind, I myself have no problem waiting a bit on this one. I don't do flu shots, might do this one if it turns out ok..not that a shot is even available to me ATM.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The technologies used in COVID-19 vaccines have also been used in other vaccines.

Not the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. They work on an entirely different principle.
They are the first mRNA vaccines to be approved but there is no reason to think they are any less safe.

It is new technology which carries great potential for future vaccines and, conceivably, treatments.
medicalxpress.com...
edit on 12/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef

I prefer to free-ride off the immunized community. Because of them I can wander through life with a little less vigilance.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: Krahzeef
a reply to: network dude

Why aren't you willing to say you are an anti-vaxxer?

Is it because of the PR campaign prior to Covid?

Are you willing to say you're an anti-safeter? I think from the context you know what an anti-safeter is - somebody who is against safety. Are you against safety?

TCB

Firstly, I have never heard that term before.
But it's an interesting question.

I'm against forced safety.

People should be free to endanger themselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
People don’t trust governments, they don’t like being forced to put stuff in their bodies, and that causes conflict. Plus, politicians and the media, even pharmaceutical companies are taking advantage of all of this and taxpayers get the bill.

Trust is earned, even if I did trust the govt(which no one should, just look at this latest pork filled stimulus), the govt is wrong on this vaccine.

Am I comfortable taking the vaccine, not entirely, but I do trust my colleagues and believe it will work in most recipients.

I think your trust is misplaced

Just look at Remdesivir, it was a payday for pharmaceuticals that had to have its data massaged b/c the initial results didnt really show much benefit. The WHO has already nixed it, but not before they EU ordered a massive ton of it.

Ivermectin and HCQ are showing 85% fewer hospitalizations, and yet cant get approval b/c they are cheap and dont have the "right" backing.

From a recent meta-analysis of HCQ , we get this conclusion

• There is evidence of bias towards publishing negative results. 88% of prospective studies report positive effects, and only 77% of retrospective studies do.
• Studies from North America are 3.7 times more likely to report negative results than studies from the rest of the world combined, p = 0.000004.

We had HCQ back in march, if we hadnt let politics ruin it, we would have been out of lockdowns completely around May.

In my office, 4 people over 50 recently had it and all recovered without the hospital. One of them was a chain smoker. None of them had Ivermectin which would have made their recovery even easier. Its already FDA approved and been in use for 25 years. Its a 4 day low dose regimen and you are done.

Why does anyone get the flu vaccine when its just for a few strains of the virus? Most hospitals require it for their employees, but in all reality it is just a big payday for the pharmaceuticals which most hospitals are in bed with.

Hopefully the vaccine is all its hyped up to be, I await the results of the all the beta testers..
edit on 21-12-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Is this really a vaccine in the way we think of them? If you ask me using this new form of mRNA "vaccine" for what amounts to an intramuscular injection of Theraflu is overkill in the truest sense of the word. What is even more perplexing is that judging the comment sections of some articles I have read on the subject of this particular vaccination, people don't understand it doesn't prevent the spread of the virus or keep them from getting it. I can't see any others except for those in high risk categories where this would make any sense in taking.

I'm fairly certain it was a vaccine I recieved in the army that gave me hepatitis C (contaminated gamma globulin). Aside from contracting a disease, that shot was excruciatingly painful, and made me sick for days... like wanted to die sick. There will never be another needle for me unless there's a much more dire need than what covid seems to present.

posted on Dec, 22 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: odd1out

It"s covid EXPERIMENTAL vaccine....not covid vaccine says this doctor

Link

The doctor explains that people are participating in medical experiment, and that if look covid survival rate etc it is against Hippocratic Oath to give this covid vaccine.....do not harm.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join