It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Ancient Indian Knowledge of the Solar System 10,000 years ago!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Many cultures carved temples out of rock remeber that was their primary building material. some of my favorite are in ethiopia where they dug the churches out of solid rock. The amount of planning would have been huge and imagine doing all tha work only to discover the rock at the base was weak or flawed. It amazes me they somehow knew the rock 50 feet down was usable or they were extremely lucky.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

A DEVOUT Christian empire in east Africa that withstood the tide of constant war with Islam for over a thousand years until a treasure hunting British army raided there nation and stole both holy relics and also destabilized the region so badly it soon fell to Islam in the aftermath, a great stain upon British history it was a betrayal as bad as that which befell Constantinople with the same outcome, Islam rising over the betrayed body's of Christian martyrs.

Italy tried in the 30's to conquer them as well, got beaten badly in part due to the fact Hitler not wanting a too strong Italy shipped Mauser rifles over to help the Ethiopians defeat the Italians, the Ethiopian people are strong, they have survived countless famines, invasions and still held onto there faith in Christ or in the case of the Ethiopian Jews there older Jewish faith.

Elephantine Island on Lake Tana even today despite being a Christian (Ethiopian orthodox) Monastery today has an old Hebrew alter were the rabbi would splash sacrificial sheep and goat blood mixed with water on a hyssop branch over the crowd, now we use blessed water since water flowed from our Lords side and he turned water into wine and wine into his blood.

But Yes we need to give Ethiopia back what belongs to them, they are there very important historical and cultural relics and religious items that are very important to there church, they are not and never were ours.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAreTheGoodguys

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: WhereAreTheGoodguys
a reply to: Harte

Indians clearly state the Vedas, Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana and Mahabharata are actually history, so they claim.

And this is just one Race, but it can’t be a one off because other races around the world have had similar knowledge.

Posting from a phone sorry if my posts look off

And Christians will tell you the world isn't even that old.
Now that we've got that out of the way, do you have a point?

Harte

Yes I have a point. The point is everything mentioned in this thread, all the "unsolved mysteries", the conspiracies' of old and new that brought us all here to this website to begin with has already been explained. Its been in front of us the whole time. It's the Bible.

The point is, you can't rely on religious mythology to establish anything at all.

Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Creep Thumper

No its not. Dont know where you got this idea but they are very different.

A physicist. I don't remember which one, but he is very well known. I read this about three months ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm sorry, where did i mention other planets?

Here:

Well if they also had Vimana i imagine their knowledge of our solar system was gleaned in a personal nature.

You can't see them all, you know.

Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So, like the Sumerians, they were suddenly geniuses. Right? Please. πŸ™„

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The Pushpaka Vimana of the king Ravana would seem to be referenced long before 1918.

And the flying chariots of Greece and flying boats of Egypt predate the Ramyana.
Ancient Mesopotamia also had flying gods.
All the above predate Hinduism.

The ancient technologies these people had access to is self-evident when one considers the structures and temples carved out, or to be more precise into, the very rock of the mountains and hills.

Carving in stone, especially the basalts of India which mostly contain strata of ashy tuff, is no indicator of any ancient technology. Especially in India, which accomplished the smelting of iron LONG before many other regions, and were actually making steel when other cultures were still in their bronze ages.

Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

So, like the Sumerians, they were suddenly geniuses. Right? Please. πŸ™„

The only thing you've communicated with this post is your own ignorance of known historical data.

Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
do you sour milk when you walk into a room?
asking for a friend.a reply to: Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It amazes me how they did it, no matter where they are from.

They seem to have known rather a bit about construction techniques we seem to have forgotten.

Take for instance the buildings and walls of some ancient structures that are seemingly designed for resisting lateral forces with interlocking stones and surface gaps you cannot even get a credit card into.

They look almost molded into place.

And those are not just located in the likes of India but all over the world.
edit on 5-9-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You may be able to from above the Earth's atmosphere.

I never mentioned any other planets other than what comprises our star-system/solar-system

And if we are talking about seeing planets that are visible, how come the Babylonian/Sumerian empire was pretty much on the ball?

If there was an ancient empire that predated modern-day history it not beyond the realms of possibility that they created some form of telescope to observe the heavens, put it that way.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tri-lobe-1
do you sour milk when you walk into a room?
asking for a friend.a reply to: Harte

Possibly, but I don't put up with BS when I know it's BS.

Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You may be able to from above the Earth's atmosphere.

I never mentioned any other planets other than what comprises our star-system/solar-system

And if we are talking about seeing planets that are visible, how come the Babylonian/Sumerian empire was pretty much on the ball?

Only planets visible to the naked eye were known in Babylonia. I said as much already. If you don't believe me - go see for yourself.
It's not as if there aren't extensive records they left behind, you know.

originally posted by: andy06shakeIf there was an ancient empire that predated modern-day history it not beyond the realms of possibility that they created some form of telescope to observe the heavens, put it that way.

You don't find it odd that they never mention Uranus or Neptune then? And Uranus actually IS visible to the naked eye - barely. But it's orbit is so slow that you wouldn't notice it changing position.

Also, I don't rule out the possibility. However, there's absolutely no evidence for it and therefore no reason to believe it.

Harte

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I find a lot of things "odd" Harte or seemingly out of kilter where our early interpretations of history and civilization are concerned, don't you?

Of course, there are not extensive records left behind, because if there was then there would be little to no ambivalence surrounding the origins of civilization.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

When was the Telescope or rather the concept of the Telescope really invented?.
www.astronomytrek.com...
Ancient people polished crystal's shaped them and saw how they affected the light, they may even have used such in early observation devices for fine work that is difficult to explain today and which modern craftsmen would used magnifying glasses for or indeed for observing the sky.
www.ancient-wisdom.com...

edit on 5-9-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Well recorded history, especially of the ancient sorts, ticks that box does it not?

Considering who wrote and recorded such.

For a start think how much we have destroyed in our attempt to paint ourselves in a different light?

Sorting the wheat from the chaff in that department can be rather a chore nevermind a near enough impossibility.

Short of a spare TARDIS we can all take a ride in that is.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Take all this info,
and think of it
in cycles,
but with civilization in between,
going from stoneage to modern to stoneage to modern to stoneage to modern, over an over again!

We SEE how long it actually takes for a land to be returned to nature, add in 2 to 4 generation, and people can go from cars and amazon ordering to bow hunting an barely having enough skill to catch enough food to eat.

72 hours ( or 3 days ) from a crisis, 3 generations away from civilized extinction...

Now the georgia guidestones are less elite agenda, and more an actual guidestone... lol
edit on 5-9-2020 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I find a lot of things "odd" Harte or seemingly out of kilter where our early interpretations of history and civilization are concerned, don't you?

Of course, there are not extensive records left behind, because if there was then there would be little to no ambivalence surrounding the origins of civilization.

You specifically stated "Babylonia/Sumeria."
There are REAMS of astrological texts left by the Babylonians. The fact that you don't already know this is evidence of something.
What is it evidence of?

Also, you avoid the subject of my question. Don't think I didn't see that. Don't blame you, since the answer deflates the pipe dream you're having.
So, tell us, if the Babylonians and Sumerians (Sumer really didn't have much of an astrology, but I'll let that one pass) were "pretty much on the ball," why didn't they know the solar system like you claim the Hindus did, who had the same knowledge as the Babylonians?
Neither civilization EVER mentioned ANY planet that can't be seen with the naked eye, and there are at least two that really can't (be seen as different that a typical star - in the case of Uranus.)

Even supposing Hindus could leave the atmosphere, they still must not have noticed the solar system, which utterly negates your earlier statement and in reality means that whether they could fly or not simply cannot be determined from their "knowledge" of the solar system.

Harte

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Harte you are so intelligent, thank you for replying to us lesser beings.It must be very tedious for you to do so.

posted on Sep, 6 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Problem is someone makes a video of lost technology and gets it on you tube. They make huge money as people dont bother to even do minimal research. But they make money as people fall for the scam unfortunately it damages history as more and more believe lies. I see it all the time people will post these stupid videos from you tube as fact and not realize they are being had. I admit i am getting frustrated trying to explain to people real history as apposed to alternate history from some fantasy realm.

Religious history of India is heavily corrupted by the Brahmin scholars. Did you know they even claimed to be aryans well until it backfired and then they decided they were just given information from them. But they revise their history constantly to whatever is popular at the moment.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join