It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Sesame Place employee punched over mask-wearing requirement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Assholes probably require shoes too!

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I doubt if I asked the gentleman nicely to wear his mask or remind him of the rules he would think about doing anything. I am not afraid to go fisty cuff with a crazy person and I don’t back down. The 17 year old in question we have no idea what or how he said anything to throw the other dude over board ( and the guy was obviously disturbed to begin with) all I am saying is that the people “reminding” people of this mask thing should be equipped physically and mentally to deal with people like this. I doubt this guy was hired to walk around and be the mask police but if he was I would imagine he should’ve had a radio or something to alert other professionals to do the confrontation. Telling a guy at the ticket booth is one thing behind the counter, telling a dude roaming around is something different.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Assholes probably require shoes too!

And a shirt. Maybe underwear too.
edit on 10-8-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

That is a good point but Virus unlike cell's are unable to self replicate, unable to convert raw materials into energy (eat) so are they life form's?, they are parasitic and need host cell's that they are compatible with and once they get into that compatible cell they then hijack it and turn it into a virus factory - the cell whose genetic code has then been hijacked will continue to produce copy's of the virus within itself until it then dies and these new copies of the virus are released to infect other cell's.

Nasty little buggers.

You make a very good point about the mask's harbouring virus, that is why disposable masks such as are worn in hospitals are a boon and indeed it is a fact that simply face scarves and other impromptu re-usable face covering's and non reusable mask's may be a very bad idea - but really it has to be said only if they are worn by more than one person and that is like someone sharing there underwear it is not very common except perhaps in some family's that don't have good personal hygiene.

Your average cell is thousands or even millions of time's larger than a virus and consists of a surrounding membrane we call a cell wall, this is filled with a saline solution we call cytoplasm and at it's core is the nucleus that contains the cell's DNA, as well as the nucleus there are many other structures in the cytoplasm of a complex cell such as mitochondria which have there own genetic material and produce the cell's energy.

A Virus is quite different, it consists of a protein sheath which surround's and protects a strand of genetic material, this protein sheaf has Enzymes built into it that help it to pass through the wall's of compatible cell's and also help it to integrate it's genetic package (the really nasty bit) into the cell's own genetic code were it then takes over and hijack's the cell.

Not all virus are our enemy's and in fact the overwhelming majority of them are beneficial, some of them called Bacteriophage limit the numbers of bacteria and some could even be used if they were ever properly researched in treating bacterial infections as a new form of antibiotic's - but of course they can mutate.

Our immune system recognizes dangerous virus by there protein sheath, if it is a novel virus our immune response may not recognize it until it has infected enough of our cell's to make us ill and then it has to fight against the growing number of virus copy's erupting from dying infected cell's, if our immune response is too slow we die or become seriously injured with in the case of this disease long term damage to our respiratory tract.

edit on 10-8-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I guess he should have minded his own business.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

The kid had a job to do, I guess the person that tasked a teenager with policing the park should have hired some burly security staff instead.
Did he have a choice, he had to do his job and I for one would like to return that punch to it's sender, he could have killed that kid because he was offended because he was not allowed to flout the rules of the owners of that property and so he was in an act of trespass, aggravated trespass since he assaulted a representative of that park's owner.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
I guess he should have minded his own business.

He was. It's his job.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Probably better that the park stay closed if a kid is going to get punched in the face for reminding someone of the rules.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

My cousin would argue that a biochemist is not a micro biologist.

lol

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I like how the "authorities" are so woke they can't even give the race of the criminals.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

You're a real fun guy.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

That would disqualify many a Walmart shopper.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

There is only one race and that's human.

link   

originally posted by: Phage

You're a real fun guy.

So you don't want the criminals caught?

Stay woke.

link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Have you seen security guards these days? I have. They are still everywhere... and yet they don't look like they used to when we were younger. They don't look like x-cops (or off duty cops). They aren't "burly". They generally look like fat old slobs who couldn't catch me if I walked away at even a semi brisk pace (as if they'd even notice a crime). Security guards today might actually be the biggest waste of money around. They certainly don't enforce policy. Generally they are sitting in a folding chair, sipping a drink of some sort, & staring off into space (or at their phone). The kid, even when getting decked, was better equipped. At least he was informing someone of the policy.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Good chance they'll get caught. They have their plates, apparently.
They're from New York.
edit on 8/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Idk bro. The world can’t stay closed forever. I agree with what your saying but I don’t agree with the extents people are going to with the corona virus.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I think the safety of their employees and guests should be a high priority.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Very true...her thesis research was making antibiotic strains of E. coli for the CDC to study and develop antibiotics to combat though so bleed over was frequent. Especially when she geeked over having all the same equipment that made Dolly which was her inspiration to get into science. That cloning went from science fiction to fact as a teenager was influential on her.

Like I said, she was deeply annoyed that I understood it at all let alone so well, because I liked to remind her I was a theater major that dropped out. (Because they kept giving my 100 level classes to seniors for fine arts requirements. So I said, so long.—Actually I said quite a bit more and dropped the double deuce of paying out of pocket and not loans to not get a degree due to some *appropriately bleeped out words*)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: LABTECH767

Have you seen security guards these days? I have. They are still everywhere... and yet they don't look like they used to when we were younger. They don't look like x-cops (or off duty cops). They aren't "burly". They generally look like fat old slobs who couldn't catch me if I walked away at even a semi brisk pace (as if they'd even notice a crime). Security guards today might actually be the biggest waste of money around. They certainly don't enforce policy. Generally they are sitting in a folding chair, sipping a drink of some sort, & staring off into space (or at their phone). The kid, even when getting decked, was better equipped. At least he was informing someone of the policy.

Ok as an ex Retail Security CCTV and front line security officer (I originally qualified many decades ago as a Laboratory Technician but ended up working many completely unrelated job's) I have to agree, sadly I am the fat old bloke these days and yes I got the mickey taken out of me by the local police when I tried to catch an armed robber that pulled a knife on me (we are not armed of course and over here in England we are not even supposed to deal with them like this but the fact he had pulled a knife on me got me hot under the collar so I went after him), the git was just too fast for me but he very nearly got ran over by a train when he crossed a train line to get away from me.

So - erm - yeah don't rub it in, I am laughing because you are absolutely correct, not all guards are like that.

Over here in the UK though gun crime is a problem it is not as big as in the US or even France, our biggest danger is Knives and Syringes, you don't want to be stabbed by a smack head (junkie) with a syringe.

edit on 10-8-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join