It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Randonautica: using quantum randomness to break reality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
IS THE RANDONAUTICA APP REAL??? LETS TALK ABOUT IT LIVE

This thread has been the first time I have seen the Youtube channel Exploring with Fighters. Briefly looking through some of their other work, lot of adventure, caving and other ghost stories. On first impressions they do try and make the video exciting, might take some things a little out of perspective, like an open gate. As for flat out making stuff up, like that cardboard sign. I consider it unlikely at this time, they know their channel will suffer if busted making stuff up. Not a good way to sell t shirts and they genuinely just seam curious about a lot of stuff.

One thing that stands out is mentioned at the 3:40 mark in the above video. When using the app, there has been times where it 20 minutes before they where able to find a pin or a mark to check out...

Now the way this app is described as working is that there is a constant stream of mixed up numbers churning out of somewhere, and for some reason it takes 20 minuets to translate this into some random nearby location for the user? Something is not adding up here.

I am getting that 'Person of interest', big brother AI vibe coming through. A satellite picked up something unusual in is latest scan, not real sure what it is maybe and police are too busy or could do with the support of another witness. Lets send some board citizens out to recon.

Maybe with 5G on the way, the system is or will become that sophisticated this it can literary read our thoughts, just looking for a win - win I guess. If there is any NSA background to this would we really know?

The logo of the owl on the app looks to be saying more than just some random number generator. If there really is some Quantum beeps and blings going on in the background then it does remind me of JohnHereToHelp describing project looking glass and how he got onto it by looking at the the noise the in the background radiation and eventually found a pattern. If you look into the abyss deep enough, when does it start looking back?

For now it is up there with the ouija board. Handle with care.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Yeah, the more I investigate the connections behind this app, the more it looks like a psyop with 3 letters written all over it.

Coming out of janky academic Univ. departments. You think it's just a bunch of grad students MS degree project? I don't..
Don't let the tattoos, black hoodies, and hip banter fool you. Nothing is what it appears to be when dealing with the "Q" youtube
cabal.

Download the app, get on your bike and ride to a point and snoop around. Woo investigators are a gutsy breed.

but thanks for the leads...the treatment for a syfy blockbuster is already in the works. Next stop Netflix....
edit on 5-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Now the way this app is described as working is that there is a constant stream of mixed up numbers churning out of somewhere, and for some reason it takes 20 minuets to translate this into some random nearby location for the user? Something is not adding up here.

If a lot of people are using the app it may take a while to get enough random data since the only source of quantum entropy available to the app is from ANU. I believe that's why it offers other methods for generating entropy which I assume use PRNGs. There may also be situations where the random cluster generated doesn't contain any anomalies. I don't know why you guys would instantly jump the conclusion of a massive psy-op, like I said the code of the app is manually reviewed, meaning Google and Apple would also need to be in on it. Seems unlikely.
edit on 5/7/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

And who own Google, Alphabet Inc, and who own that, I don't exactly know, national security interests look high.

From what I do know about quantum computing, it works at a next level speed of computing. Smaller components allow for higher frequencies of processing. Without really knowing what code is running all we have is trust. Sorry, getting a bit short on that these days. Is there some kind of open source implementation to get a clearer picture of just what exactly how this is working?

To start messing around with spooky stuff can be a slippery slope into madness. I don't know if this is some kind psy op to help out with local security. When a lot of people are recommending to take a friend if you try it it does seam like a reasonable question for the circumstances.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

To produce or expose a quantum effect does not necessarily mean that you need quantum hardware,( eg.. based on Qbits..).
Observation, or "the observer" is key, as in the more that an effect or operation is observed, the more likely that the outcome will be effected by the observing.

They probably analyze the random number stream with all sorts of algorithms that can run in regular CPU's like Fourier Transform, Gaussian filters and Runga Cutta. The CPU's in computers and cell phones are slow for DSP, and 'observing' takes time. For this reason, GPU's from video cards, and FPGA and ASIC's are far better at processing digital signals and that is why they are used for complex DSP, like Bitcoin.

I think the concepts of obtaining useful data from pure randomness is intriguing, and there is certainly something to it because main stream science relies on it for some really out-of-this-world gadgetry.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There may also be situations where the random cluster generated doesn't contain any anomalies.

This is an interesting part that opens up question of big brother involvement. Just what is really going on with these clusters? Is it an NSA supercomputer processing its live feeds with some AI filtering of strange stuff?

To go on a mystery trip only two variables are required, a vector or direction and a magnitude or distance. To think that all this cluster computing is needed to get lost in the depths of randomness, looks a bit crazy.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

To go on a mystery trip only two variables are required, a vector or direction and a magnitude or distance. To think that all this cluster computing is needed to get lost in the depths of randomness, looks a bit crazy.

Obviously I don't know exactly how and why it works the way it works, but my educated guess is that they don't just generate a single random point and use that as the destination because it has less chance of leading to something unusual. The more points you generate the more the effect can accumulate and "converge" onto a single location. That's probably also why the Global Consciousness Project collect a lot of data from multiple QRNGs instead of just one, the effect of consciousness on the data only becomes more obvious when you look at a lot of data over a window of time. I don't think Randonautica is doing any "cluster computing", which means a group of computers working together to solve calculations, I'm talking about a cluster as in a point cluster, a group of random points which are then reduced to a single location.

EDIT: that is also why people shouldn't just expect the app to give them the exact location of something weird, it may point you towards something weird but it's fundamentally a random process, so you'll probably need to do some exploring around the area to locate the "high energy" area or object it has converged onto. I have an interesting idea for an algorithm which spits out random ATS threads using a QRNG, if I manage to get it working I'll share it here. There's a whole bunch of interesting ways QRNGs could be used to choose things at random.
edit on 5/7/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   

While I am still ignorant about just what exactly is going with Randonautica, it could very well be legitimate in its presentation. I am just trying to be straight up and ask questions in trying to make sense of strange stuff.

In some ways I am more comfortable with a big brother psy op than a communication device to other dimensions, easier to get my head around. Some of that Nazi spirit work scares me with the implications it had on this world. Some of it living on today through the deep state, hmmm...

If I was going to get into I would like to know a lot more about just what is exactly going on. Playing with unknown forces can have some nasty blow back as we learn the rules of how it works. With the project starting at a university it is a good place to start for some peer review on it.

How clinical are Randonautica going to be in measuring the impacts of this software? Does it just add up to random chance when taken on the whole? Is there a subtle, but distinct trend that something a little more than random chance is going on? Do the numbers match the media hype with an outstanding WTF?

A lot of it does look like a personal experience and will be tough to measure in an objective way. For now it looks like a lot of anecdotal evidence is building. Stanford University during the 70's - 80's is one with a reputation for looking into the spooky stuff, and found it.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Classic ATS content.

I need some mild hiking for some physical therapy. I may use this app for that. The woo angle is a bonus.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I used it for that yesterday on a bicycle. Didn't see anything notable, but took me around a bit.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is some crazy bizarre stuff right here. I'm going to try it out.

Thanks for this thread!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Ok, curiosity got the better of me.

I tried the “beta” version of the app from their website, as linked in the OP.

Used the “ANU” as base.

My “intention” (unspoken in case “BigG” Google was listening through Siri, and definitely NOT previously searched for on ANY device), was a connection to an old friend who had passed d several decades ago and with whom I had experienced many episodes of “high strangeness”.

The app generated coordinates for a location about 6 miles away, in what appeared to be an open, empty field.

My car is equipped with SiriusXM, and as I headed to the destination, I switched over to the ‘80’s channel. As I pulled up to the indicated coordinates, an empty field blocked off by a chain link fence, the song ”Wind Beneath My Wings” was just playing its final chord.

I was confused because the “connection” I was expecting(?) seemed to be completely missing.

Just as I was about to drive off, an all white, completely (as far as I could tell) unmarked or numbered commercial jet with an odd rectangular “hump” on top of its fuselage made a “touch and go” landing not a quarter mile in front of me at freight airport used by UPS.

A bit of research on line leads me to believe that the plane was some variant of a C-32 (Zaph?!), maybe with some sort of sensor or radar package on its back.

Considering the nature of some of the “adventures” my old friend and I had,

Yep! This app seems to deliver!
edit on 6-7-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Made a separate thread on my Quantum Random Thread Generator for anyone interested. Ended up writing a lot about what I found using it so I decided to separate it from this thread, plus it gives more people a chance to try it.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

And who own Google, Alphabet Inc, and who own that, I don't exactly know, national security interests look high.

From what I do know about quantum computing, it works at a next level speed of computing. Smaller components allow for higher frequencies of processing. Without really knowing what code is running all we have is trust. Sorry, getting a bit short on that these days. Is there some kind of open source implementation to get a clearer picture of just what exactly how this is working?

To start messing around with spooky stuff can be a slippery slope into madness. I don't know if this is some kind psy op to help out with local security. When a lot of people are recommending to take a friend if you try it it does seam like a reasonable question for the circumstances.

Quantum computing is junk and prone to error.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Quantum computing is junk and prone to error.
a reply to: Flesh699

You obviously have no idea what it is to say that, so why even comment?

Oh... The National Science Foundation, who is spending $Millions on quantum research, would love to know that it is junk...
NSF Quantum Research

edit on 7-7-2020 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

No, the radio stations have people talking on them and very easy imfluenced people listening will hear what they want to hear

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Stephen Wolfram: Communicating with Alien Intelligence | AI Podcast Clips

This interview with Stephan Wolfram does not directly address what is happening with Randonautica. Indirectly is does raise some good questions on what does communication and understanding really mean. in trying to understand just what exactly is going on, themes of AI and alien intelligence do surface.

From initial results with QRNG, there is some kind of deeper intelligence at work. in some ways it is similar to communicating with spirits with things like a seance, channelling or using a Ouija board. As with communicating with anyone else in this world, don't lose your critical thinking.

How we use our intentions is important for so many things and forms who we are. Our will power is also important in how it all manifests.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Weird I'm watching a movie out of the blue. Something about connecting the dots the universe leaves around
edit on 8-7-2020 by gdkknxnqkc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So I gave the app a go. I usually approach things like this with some mild cynicism.

My intent was 'food'. I didn't utter a single word, to ensure the app wasn't using the phone audio to cheat - I only thought it. I also carried this exercise out at midnight and not at a particular time of day when I was likely to be eating, e.g. lunch or dinnertime, which might influence the results.

The first result took me approx 50 yards from the cinema in the town I live. The cinema is part of a leisure park which is overloaded with fast food franchises and restaurants, that's pretty much all there is - about 9 of them. No shops.

Despite the seemingly accurate result, I reasoned that it's not a huge town so it could have been a good 'guess'. And despite the concentration of food related establishments at these particular coordinates, you could probably find a coffee shop or restaurant on most streets.

So I followed the second set of coordinates, the next day, which took me way out into the country (approx 7 miles) to a rural area with very little around but fields and hedges. I got close to the coordinates and had a look around for 10 mins but couldn't see anything which would relate to 'food'. Decided it was a negative result, and exited by a slightly different route. No less than 30 secs later in the car, I rounded a corner to what looked like a farmhouse by the side ....... "COUNTRY FOOD SUPPLIES". And right beside it, a second building with "ARNOTT FRUIT" written on the door.

Now I'm very intrigued.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Made a separate thread on my Quantum Random Thread Generator for anyone interested. Ended up writing a lot about what I found using it so I decided to separate it from this thread, plus it gives more people a chance to try it.

I've tried using this a few times and always get - Error: ANU request failed.

I'm using the Brave browser on Windows 10.

Any ideas?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join