It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CoronaVirus numbers are not adding up. Maybe you can enlighten me with the right numbers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The numbers regarding my question come from this source ( John Hopkins ) and are based on US only.

US has 82,404 confirmed cases with 1,178 deaths and only 619 recovery. The total confirmed has never gone down, and within this chart; you must minus death and recovery to get total infected.

I tap on a state which only shows counties records as confirmed and death. Let’s tap on San Francisco CA.. which has zero recovered.

I have been searching with no luck on the numbers of recovery within the US. The news is only talking about how many infected or died.

Well, since the start of this virus party, there is no way that only 619 out of 82,404 infected has recovered, that number should be a lot less.

What’s your opinion about the recovery by numbers?!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Famouszor
The numbers regarding my question come from this source ( John Hopkins ) and are based on US only.

US has 82,404 confirmed cases with 1,178 deaths and only 619 recovery. The total confirmed has never gone down, and within this chart; you must minus death and recovery to get total infected.

I tap on a state which only shows counties records as confirmed and death. Let’s tap on San Francisco CA.. which has zero recovered.

I have been searching with no luck on the numbers of recovery within the US. The news is only talking about how many infected or died.

Well, since the start of this virus party, there is no way that only 619 out of 82,404 infected has recovered, that number should be a lot less.

Recovery takes weeks.

/thread

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

And many weeks has passed.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Famouszor

Lord Ahriman doesn’t use math or logic; much like the media and most everyone else...... the infected and recovery rate are much higher..... if you were sent home with “mild” symptoms much like 90% who contracted this then you recover at home but nobody is calling to record that stat....

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Try this website
www.worldometers.info...

US has 1,864 recovered.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Since there were 2-3 digit numbers in America. We're up to 5 digits now, probably 6 tomorrow.
edit on 26-3-2020 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
They are only testing the sick, and the rich.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Maybe someone can enlighten me here...

What's stopping anyone from counting seasonal flu deaths as "Coronavirus deaths"? Because it would be very easy to inflate those numbers by blurring the lines.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

People test positive 30 days in..sometimes.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand

Lord Ahriman doesn’t use math or logic; much like the media and most everyone else...... the infected and recovery rate are much higher..... if you were sent home with “mild” symptoms much like 90% who contracted this then you recover at home but nobody is calling to record that stat....

This is the same with all pandemic/epidemic diseases and thus just a fact of life in data collection. You can still use the relative numbers compared to other diseases.

The flu numbers are not counted either. Some small samples of data and trends are stuffed into one of many models each year and an estimate is made.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

What's stopping anyone from counting seasonal flu deaths as "Coronavirus deaths"? Because it would be very easy to inflate those numbers by blurring the lines.

They could, but there is a test for the flu, so, if they wanted to know they can.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Ethics ?
Umm , I don't know....

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We have zero confirmed patients in my city.
Yet only 258 tests have been conducted since this began.
Like another poster said, the people whom are not admitted to the hospital and just sent home to recover, are not taken into consideration for the totals.
Otherwise there would be a much, much larger Total infected.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

In my neck of the woods, a family member was tested recently, and the hospital sent him back home saying all he had was the flu before even getting the results. So the opposite could also be true. Calling it the flu when it may actually be CV.
I'm not saying I know that's what he has, I'm just saying it's a possibility.

ETA: Testing in my area is very sporadic. The "authorities" are saying not everyone needs to be tested even if their symptoms match CV. "Just go home and isolate yourself if you're sick." That's good advice, but do those people have it or not. We may never know.
edit on 3/26/2020 by Klassified because: ETA

edit on 3/26/2020 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I was wondering the same thing. Where are all of the recoveries. I just figured they didn’t have the extra test kits to continue retesting at the time.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It doesn't help when the different data sites don't agree. This one says as of yesterday the US has 63,570 cases with 884 deaths. Granted it's a day behind, but still, that's why I'm not paying a lot of attention to the numbers. We just don't know for sure and we aren't being given all the information we should be. That leads to rampant speculation and wild claims as we see so often here.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

My opinion is their site sucks.

Even in my state, the state has different numbers than the counties because not all counties report to the state at the same time, and by the time the state publishes their numbers, the numbers have already changed. Even the numbers you quote in your OP aren’t accurate anymore, and they’re completely different than what worldometer has. Worldometer shows three times as many recovered as your site does.
edit on 26-3-2020 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinite8
I was wondering the same thing. Where are all of the recoveries. I just figured they didn’t have the extra test kits to continue retesting at the time.

Maybe those recoveries represent who where actually sick enough to go to the hospital. It makes sense to me then. As many have said, 99% will not go to the hospital and so are not counted.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's what I been saying...if you have a million people that habe had it but only ever tested 100k then your stats are a percent of a percent...which turns out to be an exponential alright...just the other way.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's what I been saying...if you have a million people that habe had it but only ever tested 100k then your stats are a percent of a percent...which turns out to be an exponential alright...just the other way.

Then we can't compare it to the flu anymore, because most people who get the flu don't go to the doctor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join