It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's call this what it is.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It isn't the Chinese Virus. It's been designated SARS-CoV-2 by:

Virus taxonomy
The Coronavirus Study Group (CSG) of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) named the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 based upon its genetic relationship to the original SARS-CoV that caused an outbreak of disease in 2002–2003.

www.mdedge.com...

The whole was able to stop the spread of SARS-1 - but this one got out.... Opps....

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

nvm
edit on 23-3-2020 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Political correctness is one of the many downfalls of our
society today.I am not politically correct and probably
never will be.This virus/bio-weapon started in China and
nothing will change that!

The web site wants you to sign up.
edit on 23-3-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's the chinese flu....sorry communist apologists.

This lays at the bed of china, rightly or otherwise. They will bear the brunt of this over the next 2 or 3 years. Mostly economically.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
It isn't the Chinese Virus. It's been designated SARS-CoV-2 by:

Virus taxonomy
The Coronavirus Study Group (CSG) of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) named the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 based upon its genetic relationship to the original SARS-CoV that caused an outbreak of disease in 2002–2003.

www.mdedge.com...

The whole was able to stop the spread of SARS-1 - but this one got out.... Opps....

Ok so a much worse version too it seems, oh crap I posted this on the updates thread, ruby princess dropped off at least 130 infected passengers into Sydney last Thursday

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It's the Chinese Kung Flu. I will call it that the rest of my life. I will never call it anything else.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm sticking with Wu-Flu. Get over it.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This "chinese flu" aside, I find it totally ridiculous that china shouldn't bare the brunt or worldwide economic trade/fiscal actions against such a horrible country.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It's Wu Flu or Kung Flu. Even my Chinese stepmother calls it Kung Flu and cackles at the humor of it.

I like calling it Kung Flu, it makes people giggle.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
China is a very disgusting country and the world needs to know about it once and for all. Massive pollution, no regulations, tyranny, intellectual theft. This Kung Flu is exposing them to the world for what they are.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'll stop calling it the Chinese Virus when they apologize for accusing us of the most vile of war crimes, which is the use of biological warfare. As far as I'm concerned their propaganda machine against us is an act of war.

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Kung Flu That just goldens my heart!

link   

Here's the problem with naming a virus, like this 2019 betacoronavirus strain - after a potential syndrome it can cause in rare cases - is that it misleads people into fear.

SARS is the syndrome, not the virus. And it doesn't always happen, it's rare.

Let's call it what it really is - a new strain of coronavirus that causes the common cold which on rare occasion turns into SARS like symptoms.

SARS is caused by a strain of coronavirus, the same family of viruses that causes the common cold. Previously, these viruses had never been particularly dangerous to humans.

Mayo clinic

This one isn't particularly dangerous either. The common cold kills many elderly with poor immune systems every year.

Just as many as this one will. That's just how it's worked for all of history.

There's absolutely nothing to fear. And this isn't exactly extraordinary. The MSM is retarded and lies constantly. Just ignore them and stay focused.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It’s a Chinese virus

Is the ‘Spanish Flu’ racist too?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
That name is way to complicated. I will continue to call it the WuFlu. It has a nice ring to it. If people cannot comprehend what I am talking about, they are not very smart. If they argue that I should call it SARS-CoV-2 or Covid19, they aren't too smart either. If you get technical, each of the forty different discovered mutated viruses should have a relative official name.

I think WuFlu sounds technical enough, it was discovered by scientists in Wuhan, which is in China, it could technically be referred to as the Chinese or Wuhan virus.

We are not bound to call this virus by it's scientific name, we can nickname it anything we want to call it. If people can't understand what we are talking about, they shouldn't be saying scientific words, because any scientist working on this would know what the Wuhan virus refers too.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
China is a very disgusting country and the world needs to know about it once and for all. Massive pollution, no regulations, tyranny, intellectual theft. This Kung Flu is exposing them to the world for what they are.

Agreed, I really don't know how most people were lulled into the idea that china was some emerging first world country. They are on equal plane, or far worse, than any 3rd world country. I guess they just had the blessing of previous admins and industry that flooded cash into their little #hole and gave them a false sense of relevance.

It doesn't help that russia played a role, not because they actually aligned with them other than emerging western modernity in their country, but because of some foolish belief in "muh communism" and of course because of geographic location.

At the end of the day, china is 3rd world, or less. It's time the world shifted the money and let them bleed out like they should because of their beyond third world beliefs. Other than massive amounts of labor and gov subsidized industry, they should have never risen much above a third world arid african nation.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Calling it "flu" anything is Wrong.
It's not influenza.
It's a cold virus.

I've been saying this for months and I don't think anyone's listening.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There's an important distinction here.
By calling it a "FLU" you're both technically incorrect and over dramatizing it by calling it something worse than the cold.

Rather than acknowledge this truthfully why purposely increase panic beyond all reason? Why crash society? Weren't y'all happy with a good economy??

If the MSM called it a new strain of the cold no one would have given a #. This is completely obvious.

Please oh please God let them finally understand this lol....

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Is the only purpose of my life to debunk the coronavirus hoax now?

*Bleep bleep*
*Does not compute*

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I will stick to Kung Flu for now BUT what it is not is a population control virus, not enough people are dying from it however it is a very handy tool for those states and government's that want new powers over there people, they may relax them once the crisis is over but how many of those states are going to then rescind them entirely and how many are going to keep them on there statute book's for future use allowing them to act in draconian ways in the future perhaps wrongly at those time's if not now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join