It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible cure for the C-19 Virus. I hope so.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Not sure if this info was posted already.

The latest findings:

Experts in virology are now saying that chloroquine is showing good results in destroying the C-19 virus. I hope this is true.

Below is a snippet of the study conducted:

Summary

Recent guidelines from South Korea and China report that chloroquine is an effective antiviral therapeutic treatment against Coronavirus Disease 2019. Use of chloroquine (tablets) is showing favorable outcomes in humans infected with Coronavirus including faster time to recovery and shorter hospital stay. US CDC research shows that chloroquine also has strong potential as a prophylactic (preventative) measure against coronavirus in the lab, while we wait for a vaccine to be developed. Chloroquine is an inexpensive, globally available drug that has been in widespread human use since 1945 against malaria, autoimmune and various other conditions.

docs.google.com...

Even Elon Musk made mention of it.

Was mentioned by other media sources:

Japanese flu drug 'clearly effective' in treating coronavirus, says China

www.theguardian.com...

What say you? Too early to tell?

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's been discussed here before.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As announced at this morning's White House briefing, the use of chloroquine as an experimental treatment for COVID19 will begin in the US soon.

edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have been taking 50 mg of zinc and drinking tonic water daily, hoping it works as a preventative measure. I started it a week ago.
edit on b000000312020-03-19T12:11:53-05:0012America/ChicagoThu, 19 Mar 2020 12:11:53 -05001200000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
As announced at this morning's White House briefing, the use of chloroquine as an experimental treatment for COVID19 will begin in the US soon.

looks like a good candidate since it's readily available and reproducible in great quantity.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: edmc^2

Yep. Making the use for treatment of COVID19 "official" is all it takes.

I wonder who knew about this before anyone else. I wonder how the manufacturer's stock is looking. (Too ATS?)

edit on 3/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

looks like a good candidate since it's readily available and reproducible in great quantity.

Are we not a smart bunch of critters..?!

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I wonder who knew about this before anyone else. I wonder how the manufacturer's stock is looking. (Too ATS?)

Yeah, if this found to be effective, stocks gonna soar.

Hope, this is it. People are so panicked.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I have been talking about this here for more than a month...people would rather worry it seems

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ive been talking about quinine/chloroquine right hete for more than a month...this is a baloney pandemic

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I have been talking about this here for more than a month...people would rather worry it seems

Well, it finally caught up. I hope this is it.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Some of my microbiology researcher friends at Stanford told me about this several weeks ago. In this day and age, as soon as a novel pathogen enters the population and is genetically identified (which happened in December, I believe) the entire microbiology community all over the world immediately starts looking through their research efforts to see if they have something that can be applied to the outbreak.

As far as the manufacturer's stock is concerned....

A few years ago, I heard about Gilead Science's cure for Hepatitis C about 4 or 5 months before it was generally known to the public. Normally, I invest through a diversified portfolio that spreads risk over the entire stock market, instead of trying to pick specific winners and losers. In the case of Gilead, however, I was so sure that their Hep C cure was going to revolutionize the treatment so much that it would quickly become the standard of care in the US and elsewhere. So I quickly bought 10K$ worth of shares.

I was right, their treatment DID become the standard of care. Nevertheless, within a couple of months, my shares lost about 20% of their value and stayed flatlined until last year, when I sold them at a loss. I would have been much better off to just bury the money in a Mason jar out in the back yard.

I couldn't understand it, until I realized that CURING diseases just doesn't pay for pharmaceutical companies, compared to TREATING diseases, especially chronic ones. If you CURE a patient, you have one customer and then your revenue stream disappears. If you TREAT a patient with a chronic disease (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.) you have a customer for the rest of their life.

I suspect that hydroxychloroquine manufacturers will have a brief flurry of action and then go back to business as usual.

That said, you'd be an idiot to take my advice on stock market investment, considering how well I did with Gilead.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I was talking about chloroquine January 22

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why is it that the time of really starting to take chloroquine seriously has been so slow? Is it on purpose ? Do they not want drugs that prevent death ? I mean so slow response that i really dont understand why ...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I've brought it up three or four times, all to the sound of crickets.

Medcram even caught on late last week. Nobody paid attention.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Doom is a business of it's own.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

There are two or three really good potential cures being fast-tracked to approval by the United States Food and Drug Administration , for use against Coronavirus.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Treatments.

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Why don't we just drink cheap tonic water?

Quinine plus soda in a convenient source (just watch out for the sugar content, though).

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yep, you guys have talked about it, but I didn't think the government would take the right course

posted on Mar, 19 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why don't we just drink cheap tonic water?

Quinine plus soda in a convenient source (just watch out for the sugar content, though).

Tonic water works?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join