It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So some piece of garbage stole my wedding ring

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: lordcomac
get proof, then stab 'em.

If criminals got the punishment they deserved crime wouldn't be such a problem.

I already have proof, and witnesses.... I'm not playing around with this one.

Then you need to go to the HR department.

HA!! **smackin' leg** LOLOL!!

Since when are HR departments on the employee's side anymore?????

Silly rabbit!

HR departments are for protecting the company, and nothing BUT the company, so help them god! HR departments have nothing to do with protecting interests of the employees anymore! Zero.

P.S. This explains why so many of them are outsourced.
edit on 12/6/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
Yup. A highly personal piece of my property was stolen yesterday and I'm 95% sure who took it. It's not worth a lot, other than sentimental value, but really? A wedding ring? What piece of absolute trash would take that? Yes, I know it was dumb of me to leave it at work, but I had to to clean a chemical spill at the end of my shift, and there's only 5 people that work here and 4 of them are married and good people!

Please, for the love of God, help me not stab a bastard. I know this dude, and he's not gonna fess up. I'm not a violent man, but this.... This... Ugh... Who the hell does that!? I'm so irate...

I'm not gonna hurt anyone, but holy God am I tempted. Rant over.

My wife and I stopped wearing our fancy wedding rings. I have a Buglari ring and she had a Chanel one and now a Cartier.

We now wear Groove rings. They are rubber and far more comfortable than metal rings. The other great thing is that they are cheap. Typically about $30. They come in a bunch of different colors and styles and you can even get them engraved. I LOVE THEM.

I have about six of them in different colors. The funny thing is I get asked about them all the time. I have an orange one I literally get asked about it a couple of times a week. My Bulgari ring is worth a small car and hardly anyone ever notices it. Yet, my $30 rubber ring gets compliments weekly.

The nice thing is if I lose it, I don't care. Just buy another one.

www.groovelife.com

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I've been through something similar and it is something that's pretty much left up to you. I don't know the differences between where you are and here, but police don't really deal with that, nor should they, so it's up to you.

I just happened to know a few of the local police well enough to seek advice on a personal level. I was told that my best bet was to alert all the pawn shops and provide them with descriptions. Also alert the local gold buyers I think with anything made of precious metals.

In my case a guy stole a one of kind Bowie knife made by a well known local knife maker here in Alaska. It was a gift from my wife and a very expensive one. He also stole a cell phone provided to me for free for promotional reasons. That's what got him caught.

I called the phone number and a person answered. I advised him he was in possession of a phone belonging to ATT that had been stolen. I told him if he would tell me who he bought it from and meet me to give it back to me, I'd not report him since I had his name now. He met me an hour later and gave the guys name. A person I had helped out with a plane ticket and job when asked to by a friend. He used it to cover a bet at an underground card room, along with my knife, which I never did recover.

I'm still pissed about the knife. It cost my wife $600 and right now knives by the same person go for upwards of $1,500 and as high as $5,000. The most incredible engraving work and carving on both the blade and the antler handle of Bald Eagles in flight you ever saw.

You'll likely never see the ring again. Best wishes on you finding it.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yeah, that sucks. Thing is, the ring has no gold in it. It's mainly Walnut and it has a personal inscription. I confronted the guy who probably took it, and he said "was it stolen from your desk last night?" Oddly specific of him. I said yes. He replied that he didn't know anything about it.

I'm not counting on any authorities or shops to help me on this one, but I'm not gonna let it go either.

Thanks for your reply, and sorry to hear about your knife.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Inconceivable
That's a great idea! A couple of HS Freshmen stole my golf clubs a number of years ago and the cops suggested I call around to local pawn shops and yup, the second one I called had them. I have no idea how the kids got away with pawning them, but at least I got them back. One of the kids mom called me to apologize and I assured her everything was okay since I got them back...I felt bad about it since I have 3 sons and thought about what it could potentially do to my kids life if they ever did something like that, and how it could really hurt those kid's life if I pressed charges...which I didn't, but cautioned the mom to have a good sit down with her son since she seemed to be a good person and I had the feeling she was really worried about what I had in mind to do. I kind of got the impression the cops weren't too happy with my decision...but raising my 3 as a divorced parent, I couldn't see giving her anymore grief than she already seemed to have. I wish now that I had asked for a chance to talk to the one just to find out why they did it. But it was probably 30 years ago now, and I don't even remember the name...I just hope that narrow escape got their attention and made an impression on them, for the better.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

...so it's up to you.

Sock + bar of soap + blanket = Dark Alley Blanket Party.

edit on 12/7/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

...so it's up to you.

Sock + bar of soap + blanket = Dark Alley Blanket Party.

Honestly, I think you're on the right track here. Replace sock with disease ridden rag and bar of soap with dull knife. We could become extremely odd friends.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

If you didn't see him take it you can't even accuse him.
Because that five percent could make a total ass out of you.
And it's just not worth it. Seen this play out way to many times.
You'll end up fired or some other stupid shlt.

If you've been around druggies you should know how this plays out.
All you can do is ask him if he saw it cause the truth is you don't
know shlt about what happened.

And if you just posted this to hear people tell you what you wanna
hear. And call fellow members names when they don't prescribe to
your liking. Then frankly I think you're an idiot for leaving it there
in the first place. If it's worth all this to ya.
edit on 8-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That sounds like a klepto then. Even worse and I hope you get it back. Emotional value means way more than any intrinsic value.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Actually the guy who took my knife is serving a life sentence in a federal prison.

He actually called me from another state and told me he was coming to kill me. I told him to come on up, I had a surprise for him. A week later he stole a car from my friends company and committed an armed robbery in North Dakota. Turned out he was on Parole and a three time loser. Using a gun put him away for good.

Made the sting of the stolen knife a little less painful.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Whatever dude, I'm turning a new leaf. So yeah I was pissed and hurled some insults. I didn't exactly throw them out out of nowhere. Hell, your own reply insulted me by calling me an idiot. I had every right to be angry. It is, after all, the rant forum. I didn't ask for anything. Nobody needs to reply.

And by the way, I do know how this plays out "if I've been around druggies". I'm looking for a good way to go about this. I've gone about all the bad ways, laying the bricks and all, but nobody wants that. So I'm looking at it as an opportunity. I, frankly, don't care about my job, as I'm not really happy there. I've never had a problem generating funds. I'm quite comfortable, really. My family has nearly 150 years there. My father told me that since the unions disbanded, wages went to snip and they used to have meetings about how to deal with union reps.

Wages have went South, and turnover is through the roof. HR does nothing and theft is rampant, whether it be tools or personal belongings or what have you. There's only supposed to be 4 people in my department. One with me and one was gone, and the other is a very devout Christian friend.

I was letting out some steam, yes. Sure, I made a mistake with the ring. But that dude doesn't even work in that department anymore. His locker happens to be there still.

Other members didn't need to berate and doubt me. Why would I lie about that?

Whatever. Not important.

I remember a time long ago, where ats didn't berate everyone as dumb bastards in every forum. Maybe I'm old school. Yet, at the same time, I see endless threads about how ats isn't the same because of very that.

I didn't post to get everyone to agree with me in a pity party. I posted because it was late and I needed a place to vent. Rant forum. Maybe some advice without calling me a liar or drama queen or whatever.

Sorry.

I still don't have my wedding ring.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Cmom man you're guilty of throwing insults around this place, you chastise lefties in no short order, I was tempted to t h r o w that right back at you and say once a junkie Always a junkie, for all we know you hocked the ring for a fix and came here looking for an alibi and show you wife the real ats story as proof.

Internet forums will never give you what you seek, just look at my 3rd thread as proof of that. Rant forum or not fair to say opening yourself up to this didn't help at all.

If you really believe this prick took your ring the best thing you could have done is shaken the #er down out of sight of eyes cameras and ears.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Cmom man you're guilty of throwing insults around this place, you chastise lefties in no short order, I was tempted to t h r o w that right back at you and say once a junkie Always a junkie, for all we know you hocked the ring for a fix and came here looking for an alibi and show you wife the real ats story as proof.

Internet forums will never give you what you seek, just look at my 3rd thread as proof of that. Rant forum or not fair to say opening yourself up to this didn't help at all.

If you really believe this prick took your ring the best thing you could have done is shaken the #er down out of sight of eyes cameras and ears.

Yeah maybe, in the mudpit. Y'know... Where it belongs. Unlike you.

To say once a junkie, always a junkie will forever scar yourself as a POS. I've lost a lot of good friends and I have done my due diligence to rectify my own situation. Seriously... FU on that one. I can't describe how disrespectful that is. I already had low respect, but Jesus man. You lost all credibility.

And yeah, I hocked my own wedding ring just for the chance to post it on ats... Hmm... Just, wow.

Let's be honest, you're pissed about political affiliation. Poor form, dude.

ETA: I'd love to have a good debate with a left-leaner. It never ends civilly. Hell, I'll talk to you voice or face to face or whatever. This just has nothing to do with that.
edit on 9-12-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

All other posts aside, this would also be bad form. Don't strike when the iron's hot. That's 101.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Okay you're not an idiot unless you accuse when all you can do ethically
is ask him nicely if he seen your ring. Because you don't know that he
took it. Maybe he knocked off and it rolled under something could it
be an accident?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Okay you're not an idiot unless you accuse when all you can do ethically
is ask him nicely if he seen your ring. Because you don't know that he
took it. Maybe he knocked off and it rolled under something could it
be an accident?

I wish I could respond in an understable way about this guy. He doesn't even work in our department anymore but used to. He had one day filling in there and used a piece of machinery to undo an important part of our next order. Literally no reason for him to do it other than sabotage. Literally the only other person who knows how to use the machine. The others being the guy who set it up and me, the guy who redid the sabotaged part. He denied sabotaging up and down. We later found missing parts hidden in large cardboard cores behind a machine. Nobody else would have done that.

He was the only guy who came in after I left my ring. Again, I understand it was stupid to leave it behind. He accidentally left himself logged in to the computer at the desk where he had no business being at that day.

I did ask him about it. He asked me if it was stolen from the desk that night. I never said it was stolen, and I never said when. Then he proceeded to deny any knowledge. Even though he was logged in at that specific location.

So that's where I'm coming from.

ETA: Oh, and I've never turned a place upside down like that before. I looked everywhere. Intentional hiding spots, unintentional landing spots, what have you.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There have been innocent people killed because of assumptions.
How bad would you feel if you took revenge and then later you found it under the desk?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
There have been innocent people killed because of assumptions.
How bad would you feel if you took revenge and then later you found it under the desk?

Well, you're right. Maybe that's the reason for the post. I haven't done anything overtly, yet.

ETA: I want to be extremely clear. I'd never harm this man physically. Like I said there are reports and that's it.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Your wedding ring!!!!!!! Smack that F#uckker; how low do people go

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
What f#ucker would that be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join