It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Facebook post made 20 minutes ago regarding the Middle East

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I thought this was classic in-your-face Trump. He posted this a few minutes ago on on FB:

The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY! We went to war under a false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE! Now we are slowly & carefully bringing our great soldiers & military home. Our focus is on the BIG PICTURE! THE USA IS GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!

He certainly didn't pull any punches on multiple levels.

Thoughts?

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Thoughts?

The left, which were formerly peaceniks, will be shouting battle cries as the new warmongers.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Thoughts?

As it stands, I'm supportive of the tone being used in regards to ME policy (with slight criticism regarding the possible fate of the Kurds).

That said, we shifted some advisers from Northern Syria to other parts, about 50-100 spec ops. Make no mistake, that is one of the more volatile regions of Syria, and protecting troops, no matter the number should be a priority of our government.

But I'm saving praise and hope for when I see more meaningful steps materialize.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
I thought this was classic in-your-face Trump. He posted this a few minutes ago on on FB:

The United States has spent EIGHT TRILLION DOLLARS fighting and policing in the Middle East. Thousands of our Great Soldiers have died or been badly wounded. Millions of people have died on the other side. GOING INTO THE MIDDLE EAST IS THE WORST DECISION EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY! We went to war under a false & now disproven premise, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. There were NONE! Now we are slowly & carefully bringing our great soldiers & military home. Our focus is on the BIG PICTURE! THE USA IS GREATER THAN EVER BEFORE!

Thoughts?

ahhh… I can't wait to see the media about face on war.... it's so beautiful. I know we are already seeing some of it... I just love it... All this hypocrisy eventually becomes in your face. a Regular Democrat living his life going to work being anti war then suddenly being told he should be pro war is gonna be confused as all hell, and most likely start researching.... Self Education is the key to our future victories.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Agree with this tweet 100%! Many have been saying and thinking the exact same thing for years. Get out of the ME and let them deal with their own #! Good on Trump, IMO.
edit on 9-10-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm not so sure.

Today could be the start of something Yuuuge!!!

FOXNEWS is reporting that the UKraine started investigating Burisma and Hunter Biden in FEB of this year.

Before the "Quid pro quo" phone call. Looks like this whole thing was a setup by the whitehouse to catch leakers.

and it worked!!!

Schiff eats crow.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Wars are good for bankers, corporations, and governments. They've never been good for the people. The ME is no exception.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I feel the same way.
Hope he gets us out of there.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

This is something most of ATS from all political view points has been saying for many years.

But since bad orange man is saying it, it's going to be racist.
Count on it, by the end of the week they'll be saying he's racist against brown people and Muslims so he's leaving them to die.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

This is something most of ATS from all political view points has been saying for many years.

Count on it, by the end of the week they'll be saying he's racist against brown people and Muslims so he's leaving them to die.

I don't doubt your assessment the MSM is going to spin in no matter what...

But we will have to see how everything plays out before we can even form our own opinions about this.

As it stands, we're not pulling troops out of Syria, yet. So there will be the question if we don't pull the troops out, and we merely shifted them to different regions, what was the endgame? Because it will certainly be perceived by the Kurds we hung them out to dry if we don't fully pull our presence from Syria.

Now, this is still a fluid situation. I'm trying to keep an open mind and see how things play out before forming a conclusion, but there does appear to be things to keep our eyes on IMO.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The government just declassified documents that prove the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" claim against Iraq was a known lie. George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, and others should be pretty nervous right now.

How about we indict Dubya for war crimes, and then move on to the Clintons & Obama for their various crimes?

edit on 9-10-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Maybe, but it would be there one Phone call, would you waste it on that??

the walls are collasping on the DNC and the left.

It's panic time.

link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Some people have bitched for years about how many civilians are being killed by the military just being there and now the same people will bitch that the military abandoned the civilians by leaving..

link   

Sounds like war is not making enough money, time to think different, and seek resources in other markets.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The government just declassified documents that prove the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" claim against Iraq was a known lie. George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, and others should be pretty nervous right now.

How about we indict Dubya for war crimes, and then move on to the Clintons & Obama?

If that happens I'd unequivocally be behind current trends.

If they knowingly led us to war, they committed crimes against our own people and those abroad.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Hard to believe the goverment would declassify any incriminating documents leading to criminal charges.
Especially since that would also put several foreign leaders and high ranking military in some sticky situations.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: watchitburn

Some people have bitched for years about how many civilians are being killed by the military just being there and now the same people will bitch that the military abandoned the civilians by leaving..

No one wants more wars. It's not about bitching about anything.

You can't bomb people's countries and just peace out.

The issue is not us leaving, the issue is that oh great leader gets up and leaves because of a tantrum.

You should have bitched when trump decided to put boots on foreign soil, not bitch about people bitching because trump doesn't have a contingency plan, he fired the most militaristic savvy personnel.

We don't want more wars as much as we don't want armed forces to just up and leave after decimating a country.

Trumpets either pretend to be as dumb as dear leader or are as dumb as dear leader.

So why did we go in , in the first place?

edit on 9-10-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
You idiots are cheering on the literal end of the world. Betrayal after betrayal. We are spineless as a nation.
edit on 9-10-2019 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

edit on 9-10-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: Post deleted.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Just curious, when did Trump send Troops to the ME? This has been going on since the 90s when Bush sr was in charge. How long do you think our troops should stay?? It's been like 30 years now. Would you agree with the above tweet if Hillary had said it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join