It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistle blower allegation proves dems, media corruption in Biden Ukraine story

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Gorgonite

a reply to: Gorgonite

I suppose you missed my earlier response, but the impeachment hearings kicked off with Lewindoski last week. Here is the hearing in its entirety.

oh i missed the floor vote for such.....
could you source such please?

You mean this?

www.cnn.com...

nope
an actual floor vote
that was from the committee and was ment to confuse the american public

without the actual floor vote the impeachment proceeding has not begun

Ok, I think I have finally picked up on what you have been beating around the bush about. You are saying that there isn't an impeachment hearing going on since the Democrats have differed from the way previous impeachment hearings have taken place.

It would have been easier if you spelled that out instead of being cagey.

I agree with you 100% that the Democrats are not following in the footsteps of the way previous impeachment hearings have taken. I personally think its because they are trying to play both sides. They want plausible deniability if the hearings turn out to exonerate Trump. I think that behavior is repugnant.

Regardless, the constitution does not explicitly state that they must have a floor vote before beginning the impeachment inquiry. In much the same way that the Republicans made up reasons to skip the nomination of Merrik Garland, the Democrats are making their own rules on impeachment. Is it stupid not to hold the vote? I think so, but that doesn't mean they have to have the vote before starting impeachment hearings.

“Whatever procedure the House adopts for this impeachment or any other is really up to it,” said Michael J. Gerhardt, a constitutional law professor and an impeachment scholar at the University of North Carolina. “There is no formula.”

If the Republicans wanted to challenge this though, all they have to do is take it to court and let a judge decide. However, even if the Judge says "Nah, this isn't an impeachment hearing yet" all the Dems have to do is hold a vote.

So what exactly is your point?

www.nytimes.com...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

well if I am rude because I was correct, and you were misinformed, I am sorry you were duped ok?

Like I just responded to shooterbrody, you both seem to be under the misconception that the Democrats are doing something horribly illegal by not holding a floor vote. It is true they aren't following the formula set up by the previous two impeachment hearings, but there isn't a law telling them they must either. I personally think they should hold a floor vote but they are not breaking any laws by not holding a floor vote.

So, maybe it is you who were duped. Sorry.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

sorry, without the vote they have no precident to ask for information.

unless you can find precident for having an impeachment "inquiry"

I'll wait for you to find one.

but now you will say what does that matter.

which show your lack of correct information. (colliqulisim - clueless)

they are not allowed to investigate impeachment charges without voting for impeachment hearings

those things kinda go togther, bummer I know, but it's true.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

sorry, without the vote they have no precident to ask for information.

unless you can find precident for having an impeachment "inquiry"

I'll wait for you to find one.

but now you will say what does that matter.

which show your lack of correct information. (colliqulisim - clueless)

they are not allowed to investigate impeachment charges without voting for impeachment hearings

those things kinda go togther, bummer I know, but it's true.

So, on one side we have your opinion that a vote is necessary for the impeachment hearings. On the other, we have a quote from a Constitutional lawyer and impeachment scholar.

Which one should I believe?

“Whatever procedure the House adopts for this impeachment or any other is really up to it,” said Michael J. Gerhardt, a constitutional law professor and an impeachment scholar at the University of North Carolina. “There is no formula.”

www.nytimes.com...

There really is no need for you to be so confrontational. We are discussing issues that affect neither of us personally but yet, you are acting as if I called you mother a bad name. Why are you so upset?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

nope no formula, just precident.

it's ok, you have the awesome NYT behind you. they are impeachable.

Hope that helps.

upset? dude I'm having a great day, made some fresh bread, cut some rhubarb.
flea sprayed the amimals, wife is in her mini skirt.
President Trump has the left and snowflakes tripping, it's a great day.

edit on 23-9-2019 by thedigirati because: some folks project into text what they fear.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Extorris
late august they began the review and it was completed by sept 12th?
yeah that is "damning"

if anything that is a land speed record for washington dc

The money had been allocated in the Defense Spending of Fiscal 2019, which ends in one week.

When it came time to send the money, they didn't, when Congress (both Parties) asked why, then POTUS put a hold on it for review, for weeks, without explanation

Yes, it was super-unusual, so much so that BOTH parties in congress were asking WHY?

Delay in Military Aid for Ukraine Stymied Lawmakers for Weeks
www.wsj.com...

And now THIS:
“It’s very important to talk about corruption,” Mr. Trump said at a United Nations event. “If you don’t talk about corruption, why would you give money to a country that you think is corrupt?”
www.wsj.com...

So he had his personal attorney apply pressure to re-open the investigation.
Hat the State Department arrange meetings for Rudy.
He put a hold on the Military Aid.
Brought up Biden and Son 8 times during the call. (WSJ)
Admitted he discussed Biden and Son during the call.
And now admits the withholding of funds and his demands for campaign assistance from Ukraine were related.

edit on 23-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The dems do not get around a floor vote to start proceedings.
history.house.gov...

Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry.

Rep green has attempted to get bills for impeachment on the floor already and has been denied.

WASHINGTON — For the third time since President Donald Trump took office, Democratic Congressman Al Green of Houston pressed the U.S. House of Representatives to impeach the president Wednesday. And for the third time, Green failed. The Democratic-controlled House voted to table Green's articles of impeachment, which he put forward Tuesday night, effectively killing the measure. The motion to table impeachment passed 332 to 95.

Having THREE times tabled his attempt, I do not think the dems could legally weasel out of a floor vote.
Greens attempt would be precedent for this congress.

nice try tho

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

nope no formula, just precident.

it's ok, you have the awesome NYT behind you. they are impeachable.

Hope that helps.

upset? dude I'm having a great day, made some fresh bread, cut some rhubarb.
flea sprayed the amimals, wife is in her mini skirt.
President Trump has the left and snowflakes tripping, it's a great day.

The article may have been written by the NY times but the quote came from this man. Don't you think if the NY Times just randomly through his name in an article under a quote he didn't make he would have something to say about that?

Michael J. Gerhardt - Constitutional Lawyer

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

history.house.gov...

Individual Members of the House can introduce impeachment resolutions like ordinary bills, or the House could initiate proceedings by passing a resolution authorizing an inquiry.

Rep green has attempted to get bills for impeachment on the floor already and has been denied.

WASHINGTON — For the third time since President Donald Trump took office, Democratic Congressman Al Green of Houston pressed the U.S. House of Representatives to impeach the president Wednesday. And for the third time, Green failed. The Democratic-controlled House voted to table Green's articles of impeachment, which he put forward Tuesday night, effectively killing the measure. The motion to table impeachment passed 332 to 95.

Having THREE times tabled his attempt, I do not think the dems could legally weasel out of a floor vote.

nice try tho

So what is your point? If they hold a vote it will pass, they have the votes. How does the existence of lack of a vote clear Trump of wrongdoing?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I do not know

Maybe you can ask Kavanaugh.

they did a story on him last week rumor has it.

then a retraction.

just sayin 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Three House committees sent a letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo today, asking him to produce documents on the Ukraine drama.

the Foreign Affairs Committee; [...]
the House Intelligence Committee;[..]
House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. [..]

The committees want to hear from Pompeo by Thursday on "whether he intends to fully comply with these requests or whether subpoenas will be necessary," according to a statement.

“By withholding these documents and refusing to engage with the committees, the Trump administration is obstructing Congress’ oversight duty under the Constitution to protect our nation’s democratic process.

Due to the urgent and grave nature of these allegations, our committees will have no choice but to move towards compulsory process this week unless the department produces the documents we have requested,” the chairmen wrote in the letter.

Subpoenas on the way.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris
nice
bet it goes to court

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Great, hope they vote on it this week.

Lots of things coming up in the near future

Like an IG report on FISA abuse, better get them hearings going before the players get accused of impropriety

the news will be the news then.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

history.house.gov...

nice try tho

So what is your point? If they hold a vote it will pass, they have the votes. How does the existence of lack of a vote clear Trump of wrongdoing?

last i heard word on the street was they did NOT have the votes to pass a motion for impeachment
www.cnn.com...

List: The 137 House Democrats calling for an impeachment inquiry into Trump

While there are varying degrees of how far critics of the President are willing to push the process, one relatively basic litmus test is whether lawmakers would support starting an impeachment inquiry, the first significant step in the process.

218 are needed
137 is less than that

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Hmmmm.....

Nothing to see here.

Seems even the Senate GOP want to know what happened.

McConnell says GOP Intelligence chairman wants to hold closed-door briefing on whistleblower complaint
thehill.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Hmmmm.....

Nothing to see here.

McConnell says GOP Intelligence chairman wants to hold closed-door briefing on whistleblower complaint
thehill.com...

Awesome
Expose it all!

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Hmmmm.....

Nothing to see here.

thehill.com...

Awesome
Expose it all!

Star from me on that post.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I can tell you that - our entire Government has to be replaced - like for real. Everyone gets fired and cards need to be reshuffled.

It doesn't matter who wins the next election because the past decades we had no functional government - just bickering, corruption and stupid movements that DO NOT MATTER!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Hmmmm.....

Nothing to see here.

thehill.com...

Awesome
Expose it all!

Honestly, I’m shocked. You have spent this entire thread espousing your opinion that Trump did nothing wrong, even if he did it’s protected by executive privilege, or no one should listen to the president speak to foreign leaders.

Yet, as soon as McConnell announces plans to look into the complaint, you’re all for it? Do you have any principles at all? Or do you just change your values depending on what the Republicans do?

If it is the later, you’re not alone. A sizable portion of the Republican Party now supports behavior that was condemned under Obama. It really is just sad to see people give up their values so easily for a cult of personality.

Anyone who can change their values as easily as you have is never worth debating against. That’s because if a persons values are fluid, there is literally no way to reach them. Instead of looking at the world through first principles, valueless people look to a leader or group to tell them how to act, how to feel, what to defend. This group of people are little more than drones, incapable of independent thought.

I really hope that’s not you.

BTW, earlier you stated that the complaint was not deemed “urgent”. It was deemed “urgent” by the Trump appointed inspector general (the IG is the person called out in the law required to deem it urgent). It was later deemed “not urgent” by the AG Bill Barr, who is not required to deem it urgent or not. The AG just butted himself into the process. This is why I have labeled Barr Trumps fixer, because he has made several decisions and moves uncharacteristic of an AG that serve only to protect the interests of the president.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

that is not exactly correct, the AG is part of the part of the chain of cammand, you can see it posted a few pages back.

I guess you may have missed it

the person making the claim NEVER SAW or Heard ANYTHING.

so yeah it is "made up"

you can link to me being wrong.

Or you are incorrect, your ball.

ETA the current AG has never said he was President Trumps wingman now has he

(google AG holder saying those exact words, Hmmm seems you were wrong about AG's in the past as well)
edit on 24-9-2019 by thedigirati because: foolish folks

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join