It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Gilroy Garlic Festival

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarsAndLies
Well it looks like thats a consensus from the sheep. A white supremacy Trump supporter shoots a bunch of people shortly after Trump gives an overtly racists rally and twitter rant... but its totally unrelated.

Nothing to see here. Just a one off.

On a conspiracty website none the less.

Its hilarous to watch everyone try and pretend to be sorry but mainly try and convince themselves they aren't part of the problem

Nice bold faced lie you are propagating here. Put down the TDS drink, and back away.

You have your whole life ahead of you, boy.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theyy
It was another White supremacist Trump voter.

Another TDS liar? Imagine that.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

If only those shooters had that piece of paper with them they'd still be alive now.

You think the constitution has allowed me to post on here?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Some people here are interested only in political trolling.

If you want to spread your BS politicking please do so in the Mudpit.

This ain't the thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

edit on 7-29-2019 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

edit on 7-29-2019 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

we have hawks and turkey vultures - very large birds and likely what you saw.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StarsAndLies

I'm speaking up against everyone. But those in particular who want to be specifically toxic have already been reported.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm going off the fact that the only post he made with any reference to an ideology was to a white supremacist and anti-Semitic book. If we find out later I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. Until then, that is my impression.

TheRedneck

A single mention of a book title on a social media account?
So then the smokey the bear anger about California wild fires explanation would be just as valid?

Who knew judgement took so little these days?

(post by StarsAndLies removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am a long time resident of Gilroy. I was a volunteer at the festival for all three days. My family and I left yesterday at around 3:30, so we were very lucky to have not been there at the time. We have friends who were there at that time.

Gilroy is a very diverse city. I'd estimate the population is about 15% hispanic, 75% Caucasian, 6% Asian (though over 50% speak Spanish). The demographics of the garlic festival pretty much match the demographics of this area - a thoroughly diverse and mixed population.

One would not go to this festival to target any particular group - it would be extremely difficult to find a pocket of density of your target type. All indications are that he was firing randomly.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is yet another senseless tragedy in which people died and now arguments are being put forth all over the Internet from an emotional reaction to the event.

To whit:

a reply to: Theyy

Hm, he is reported as being 19. President Trump was voted in to office in the 2016 election, which would have made the perpetrator how old at that time?

Scouring various search and social media sites produces no electronic footprint for this person other than the news report Heavy linked in its article on the shooter. No other online accounts have yet to be produced. I find this very odd for someone in his generation.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
ATTENTION

The topic of this thread is a shooting at a garlic festival, not addressing situations like the Guns of the Navarone, not which political party sucks and which one blows, not an excuse to live out your dreams of copying Adolf Hitler and banning firearms... keep up the political trolling and personal attacks and posts will be removed, warnings issued, and possibly account privileges suspended.

Stay on topic or stay out of the conversation.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahasrara
I am a long time resident of Gilroy. I was a volunteer at the festival for all three days. My family and I left yesterday at around 3:30, so we were very lucky to have not been there at the time. We have friends who were there at that time.

Gilroy is a very diverse city. I'd estimate the population is about 15% hispanic, 75% Caucasian, 6% Asian (though over 50% speak Spanish). The demographics of the garlic festival pretty much match the demographics of this area - a thoroughly diverse and mixed population.

One would not go to this festival to target any particular group - it would be extremely difficult to find a pocket of density of your target type. All indications are that he was firing randomly.

Which is why this situation seems weird. It reminds of the shooting in New Zealand. We already have California courts saying that background checks for Ammunition and banning certain rifle styles doesn't violate the 2A, so what do you want to bet that some other bill is going to get pushed using this event as the "Reasoning" for it.

Something else that keeps getting over looked here too, and that is the shooting in St. Croix. What could be getting distracted by reporting on the Gilroy event? There's evidence of the shooter getting executed by the police at the scene (unless that has been proven false yet), and the narrative of two shooters is now being tossed out for some unknown reason. I'm not going to call this a false flag since it's more of a distraction to something, but reports are being hidden and the news is still muddied at best. People there say one thing, official story is saying different things at different times. There is enough evidence to say that something could be getting covered up, but at the same time the muddied reports could be because of the changing nature of new evidence.

Just like the New Zealand shooting, we should ask questions and assume nothing unless we can confirm it with good facts.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
it was a gun free zone all the people had to go through metal detecters to get in...the shooter cut through a chain link fence to get into festival

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Hate to be the guy to say this, but...

If there were lawfully carrying citizens at this festival, and it was not a gun free zone, I highly doubt he would have gotten 30-40 rounds off.

I am gonna start thinking more before I enter an area that impedes on our rights to carry.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I think that was the point. If this had not been a gun free zone, would the shooter have chosen it? It's a good question to ask.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: research100

I think that was the point. If this had not been a gun free zone, would the shooter have chosen it? It's a good question to ask.

I think he just wanted a convenient mass of people to shoot into, and the garlic festival provided it.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
"shooting from a distance into a crowd of unarmed people is what a gutless coward would do,that same coward would unlikely try it with a knife."

You just said all US forces are gutless cowards.

So... you're saying that all US forces shoot into a crowd of unarmed people from a distance?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It appears that the shooter is an Italian-Iranian whom idolizes his great grandfather who was a "Shia zealot."

According to a report obtained by Laura Loomer the shooter is "Santino William Legan."

Here is a picture of him.

He had only 3 pictures in his instagram account, and one of them shows his maternal grandfather "Ali Asghar Vahabzadeh."

The above photo and info can be found in link below.

An Iranian source told LauraLoomer.us that anybody who idolizes Ali Asghar – Legan’s grandfather’s namesake – would view themselves as a Shia zealot to Islam.

The media is reporting that Legan committed the shooting because he was “angry.” His Instagram was taken down shortly after he was identified.

This story is developing.

Laura Loomer contributed to this report.

BREAKING: Gilroy Shooter Identified as Iranian-American With Islamic Imagery on Instagram

edit on 29-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add excerpt

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
This is yet another senseless tragedy in which people died and now arguments are being put forth all over the Internet from an emotional reaction to the event.

To whit:

a reply to: Theyy

Hm, he is reported as being 19. President Trump was voted in to office in the 2016 election, which would have made the perpetrator how old at that time?

Scouring various search and social media sites produces no electronic footprint for this person other than the news report Heavy linked in its article on the shooter. No other online accounts have yet to be produced. I find this very odd for someone in his generation.

What remains to be discussed is that the shooter (I refuse to popularize his name) legally purchased the weapon used in a neighboring state, Nevada. AFAIK (someone from Cali please correct me if I am wrong) it is illegal to possess such a firearm in California. That being said, a "law" cannot prevent someone determined to break it, regardless of the law in question. This shooter was obviously deranged enough in his mind to justify planning and implementing this sick plan, which likely included attending the festival one of the previous days to find the right location to surreptitiously cut the fence and enter undetected.

There were many many laws broken here, the worst of which is murder. No law was going to stop this man (yes, he was older than 18 and now a legal adult) from committing this heinous act. The bickering here will also do nothing to resolve the pain and anguish of not only the direct victims, but the incidental victims, his family.

We need to allow the investigation to progress to a point of actual evidence being presented. I am sure we all have our suspicions of why, and theories that make sense to us each. But, all that aside, as was stated earlier, the only responsible one was the shooter. He is the one that planned this out, and brought it to fruition. Unless someone else has been discovered to have directly assisted in this situation, then nobody here or in general is responsible....period, regardless of their political leanings or particular dogmas.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join