It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Gilroy Garlic Festival

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarsAndLies
.... people still rather cling to a piece of paper written hundreds of years ago than the lives of people today. People need to wake up.

You mean that old piece of paper that protects you from being rounded up by the government for making that statement? You mean THAT old document?

Denial is not a river in Egypt boy.

SMH.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StarsAndLies

Exhibit A for the attitude that keeps us clinging to our guns.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Oh it didn't work in *insert small insignificant country* it'll never work here.

nope
wont work here because we will not comply
also the laws we founded the nation on include the right to bear arms
dont think that will be changing anytime soon
sorry "rest of the world" we are not you

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He is also a real white supremacist and an anti-Semite.

I would love to see an actual source for such, especially when the police have yet to release what they think the motive is.
You will provide such please?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

And you know this how?

Oh, let's see...

MAYBE BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO SHOOT UP FESTIVALS?

I am on record with condolences and prayers to the victims and family. You, on the other hand, just waltzed in here and decided that this would be a good excuse to lump conservatives as some sort of maniacs. I'd say YOU, sir, have much more in common with this shooter than I ever will.

He says... after a sweeping statement about a large group of people.

And your statement isn't?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm going off the fact that the only post he made with any reference to an ideology was to a white supremacist and anti-Semitic book. If we find out later I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. Until then, that is my impression.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

where did I call him a white supremicist...
the fact that I raised up his heritage should kind of indicate that I had my doubts about that one, shouldn't have?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

He is also a real white supremacist and an anti-Semite.

I would love to see an actual source for such, especially when the police have yet to release what they think the motive is.
You will provide such please?

He might be. He could also just be an anti-Semite. Either way, we still don't know for sure what led him to do this.

He might also just be a messed up kid looking for something he identifies with.

If all that was in the tweet/insta whatever it was was the book title, it's also conceivable he was mad about white supremacy too.

I think police are being careful about things at this point in time for some reason, but I'll bet they have an idea. Thing is that they usually rush a white supremacist motive out all over the place.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Easy, calm yourself.

How do you speak for the vast vast majority? How is that not a sweeping statement, the same thing you tried to attack another member for doing

I didn't say my statement wasn't. I was pointing out your hyprocrisy, something that clearly went over your head.

Jeeez is that your argument really... "you did it so I can do it".

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

Why? My thought is that SM allows people to be a keyboard warrior with relative safety. A person can talk a bunch of S and get people riled up in 140 characters or less - then just sling mud all day back and forth. This bleeds into way people think, how they interact, and what they do when they aren’t online. it’s also brought large amounts of information to the masses who have no idea how to consume media critically, scale numbers, do some of their own DD, etc. - and they can do so privately/work themselves up without any voice stopping them.

First, what I am about to post is NOT to be taken as a political statement IN ANY WAY!

I merely wish to point out the the, apparent, pervasiveness of the phenomenon you are referring to, and it’s possible impact(s).

I would also like to “suggest” (lacking any “proof”) that there may exist a correlation between a veritable action and a suspected(?) reaction.

These assertions do not bode well for the present state of the US government, or the possible future welfare of it’s citizens.

Again, I do NOT imply that any “agenda” may be at work (may what God or gods that be help me if I have become that cynical!), but it seems to me that our current president’s affinity for aggressive use of SM plays, at least unwittingly, into the very phenomenon you expose. And we have all been (especially most recently) witness to the widespread and vitriolic public reaction those “tweets” have aroused.

If the leader of one of the most powerful nations on the planet can be “infected” shall we say?, by this SM “contagion”, who among us are safe?

I begin to believe that Dr. Leary has the right idea all along:

“Tune in, Turn on, and Drop Out”!

That’s not political at all - Id say that’s a very relevant point.

Perhaps SM is just modern day blood sport without the blood... until someone takes physical action on it. I’d also note that those using social media in a positive way really don’t get much airtime - furthering the bloodsport concept.

In regards to “infected”, I look at it like this; if someone is “powerful” or “power hungry”, they May have or want a microphone. If they have a microphone for their power, they want a bigger one. This makes SM a politicians dream come true. It also allows everyone with a thought, regardless of how developed, to “throw it out there” - from POTUS to celebs to a dude working at Taco Bell. So, you hand a microphone to someone who wants to project power and doesn’t fear/likes “keyboard conflict” via childish behavior/rants/unsubstantiated claims/outright lies - they have it... and the troubles ensue.

I realize SM may not have been a factor here. But, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t in some way given the age demographic of the shooter in question.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
One person in the world is responsible for this shooting, the shooter.

This ridiculous Left vs. Right argument is well, ridiculous. No mater the motive, it's still only speaks to the shooter and not anyone else.

A psychopath killed and injured those people. Nobody else is to blame. Anyone saying otherwise is agenda driven and transparently wrong. For shame.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Easy, calm yourself.

I will not!

You just accused an entire group of peace-loving people of being sympathetic to a hate-filled murderous lunatic.

Go calm your own damn self.

TheRedneck

(post by StarsAndLies removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

A psychopath killed and injured those people. Nobody else is to blame. Anyone saying otherwise is agenda driven and transparently wrong.

Thank you! Reposted for truth.

A six year old boy died, along with two other innocent people. Anyone who would try and use this tragedy to demonize the very people who are sympathetic toward them is beyond shame... they are truly sick and need professional help.

TheRedneck

(post by StarsAndLies removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is a sad, senseless tragedy.

It's also the curse of living in a free society.

Evil people will sometimes abuse their rights to harm others.

But that's no reason to make our society less free.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is a sad, senseless tragedy.

It's also the curse of living in a free society.

Evil people will sometimes abuse their rights to harm others.

But that's no reason to make our society less free.

A fervent AMEN to that, Cowboy!!

edit on 29-7-2019 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: StarsAndLies
a reply to: Krakatoa

lol protected by paper.... grow up.

LOL, and what prison are you in now becuase of what you posted?

None? Really?

Yes, protected, you grow up, boy.

(post by StarsAndLies removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by Theyy removed for political trolling and baiting)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join