It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO video just filmed. Didn't even see it until we got home and watched the video.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

One of my better finds from this trip.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And you're probably right. Although I hate to admit it..

A better quality upload would make this easier to debate, but the flapping makes it more obvious what it could be..
I mean 360pix isn't really much to work on.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Resizing the video to 200% and adding all the frames shows us the path of the object.

We can also see that the trail it left is not continuous, consistent with a bird flapping its wings.

A couple of points:
- it's not possible to know the size and the distance of an object for which we don't have any reference. We can know its size if we know the distance and vice-versa;
- it's not possible to know if a dark object passes in front or behind another dark object when both are in front of a bright background, so it's not possible to know if the object passes in front of the tree or not.

My conclusion: it was a bird, something known to exist and common in that part of the world.

PS: if we use the non continuous trail as a sign of wing flapping then we can get an idea of the frequency of the flapping. A quick look appears to show a flapping each 0.1 seconds, resulting in a flapping frequency of 10 flaps per second or 20 for the full speed video, which is nothing special, as apparently, a sparrow flaps its wings at around 15 flaps per second.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean
My wife took this video while we were on spring break in southern Arkansas. We spent most of the week crystal hunting in Blue Springs Arkansas, but spent our last day at the location where this UFO was filmed. My wife was using her slow motion filter while filming a bird, and captured something that has us guessing as to what it could be. We would have missed it completely.

I'm headed back looking for a Volkswagen size meteorite. My wife thinks its a bird.

They were doing controlled burns that day. That may be a cloudy sky or smoke.

I would really love to hear what you guys make of this.

youtu.be...

That's typically what is called "a bird", not a UFO. Both "objects" are birds, the one that is faster is just closer to the camera, hence the velocity appears to be "really fast". There is no question that both are birds. Sorry.
edit on 7-4-2019 by panoz77 because: added info

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

It was filmed in slow motion, just doesn't look like a bird to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

well if it can only be a spaceship or meteor then of coarse it doesn't look like a bird to you.

You should listen to your wife more often instead of exposing your lack of observational skills and how things can appear to be further due to the background and an object passing something that seems like its behind when in fact it could be in front of it.

a few things you have said in this short thread alone just shows how you are lacking or have wishful thinking

This may sound harsh and you may find it insulting, however just your title alone speaks volumes to anyone who has a deep interest in Ufology for a prolonged time.

Just reading your title I thought it was a bird then reading your OP about the slow mo thought it could be an insect.

It looks very much a bird after watching the video

you said this after a suggestion it was bug close to the lens

It flies behind the tree in the distance.

It may look like it does but it also looks like it passed in front

ArMaP explains just a few posts up why it could seem like it does one way or the other.

Its you making these claims that make me say you display lack in observation of nature, not trying to be nasty just an observation based on your claims or ideas of what it could only be.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Why doesn't it look like a bird to you? What do you see that makes it impossible for it to be a bird?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thanks, a*8hat. I know it could be a bird.
edit on 7-4-2019 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Mainly the huge boom from the next valley over. The sound was like a large snap that echoed over and over. And # man I give ya it could be an insect or bird, but I look for any opportunity to be out in this country. So i'll pack me hash pipe and give it a look see. And folks Aliens are just part of the simulation. I wouldn't get to worked up, as an advanced civilizations real or simulated gains the ability the create their own simulations, well. We must digest that in all probability most existence is simulated. The earthly simulations could be infinite.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Thanks, a*8hat. I know it could be a bird.

Confused question mark because you post this earlier

Its a meteorite or a spaceship. One or the other.

This seems pretty absolute in what you think it could be

Unless you are using the term bird in this post I am replying too to mean spaceship.

But If you think it could be a bird, what made you change your mind all of a sudden?

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

the meteorite begins to accelerate again,....

There it is again, even the pro's at AMS can make the same mistake. Not cool.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It was your iniquitous demeanor Inhale. I submit its a bird! I will be looking for this bird. I didn't mention it but it did thunder a bit. Well more of a snap but reverberated across the valley.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
Upon closer observation, now that I've had time to study the footage it looks to be a bald eagle having diarrhea. There's clearly something that appears and disappears behind it for a fraction of a second that looks string-like in nature thus the illusion of a trail.

That's a raptor riding the thermals. Buzzard or hawk most likely.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Bird soaring around the tree.
Enter left, another bird and exiting right.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
The question was about meteorites. Rocks which reach the ground.

Can a meteorite dropping fireball be observed all the way to impact with the ground?

edit on 4/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As mentioned it's a bird ie. A warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrate animal distinguished by the possession of feathers, wings, a beak, and typically by being able to fly.

Thanks for posting anyway.

I had some spare time to fritter away for no return.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: aardhaggis

How can you tell that's a bird coming from the left of the screen beside an actual bird?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The Russian meteorite came at roughly the same angle as the op. And the one I seen with my own eyes came at a similar angle. Not vertical.
If I was to guess I'd say it was a peregrine falcon but that's a guess. Nobody can tell what that object is those that say it's this or that for sure are lost up their own arse.
edit on 8-4-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: aardhaggis

How can you tell that's a bird coming from the left of the screen beside an actual bird?

It has the speed of a bird.
It has the size of a bird.
It has the colour of a bird.
It has the trajectory of a bird.
It appears to flap its wings like a bird.
There is another bird in the background.

I'll use Gillette's Razor and say it's a bird.

What do you think it is?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join