It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Bans Tommy Robinson’s Book, ‘Mohammed’s Koran’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Disregard
edit on 6-3-2019 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's a well established fact.

Islam isn't a religion of peace.

Thats an opinion you are entitled to it but let's not start pretending that our opinions are facts.

Still nice to see you realise now that this is not a freedom of speech issue but just a decision that Amazon are free to make.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Seems to me if neo was being consistent he would defend Amazon's right to free speech.

(post by Allaroundyou removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Seems to me if neo was being consistent he would defend Amazon's right to free speech.

I think quite a lot of members on this site defend freedom of speech rather inconsistently depending on their political view points....

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Did you miss the kids getting cut in half, child brides,rape and the rest of the snip that goes on over in the middle east daily for over 1400 years?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It is rather odd that Amazon (and other online social platforms) really didn't offer a specific explanation as to why 'Mohammad's Koran' broke any of their rules?

Amazon’s decision to pull Robinson’s book was similarly unexplained. In a statement, the company said: “As a bookseller, we provide our customers with access to a variety of viewpoints, including books that some customers may find objectionable. That said, we reserve the right not to sell certain inappropriate content.”

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Shame Neophobes aren't consistent after suing private business owners they've no right to discriminate against people.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Is that a threat ?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Did you miss the kids getting cut in half, child brides,rape and the rest of the snip that goes on over in the middle east daily for over 1400 years?

DUDE you may want to stop right now. So many things wrong with that one sentence.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You can't have it both ways.

Media has always had political influence. If Amazon, google, etc were conservative, i doubt you would be complaining.

Like i said before, I'm conservative. So conservative, in fact, that i believe in the rights of those that i vehemently disagree with. Anything else is censorship.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Someone should have stopped after threatening doxxing.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Is that a threat ?

In no way what so ever was that a threat. I just learned that term recently and figured you may want to slow your roll as to not get that.
I do not threaten people over the webs. That is something done in person and for a much bigger cause.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I am not really interested in getting into an argument about the nature of Islam with you, all I was pointing out that you were making an argument from the point of view of opinion rather than facts. I totally understand your opinion about Islam and I do think it does have some merit however I wouldn't brush the entire faith with the line "Islam isn't the religion of peace". Most Muslims are peaceful in my opinion, if you disagree thats fine but please just dont fall back into that trap of pretending your opinion is a fact or has any more significance than anyone else's.

Like I say though not really interested in a debate about the nature of islam I came onto this thread to debate Amazons decision to ban his book.

I see that you have now realised that its wrong to argue that its a freedom of speech issue witch I happen to agree with.
edit on 6-3-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So you're arguing against protected classes. Sexual orientation is a protected class. People that are anti-Islam is not a protected class.

Let me guess, you support laws that allow businesses to refuse service based on religious (*cough* Christian *cough*) beliefs.

I'm not even Christian but you know for a fact you can insult print books movies anything bashing Christianity with impunity and be praised for it. Your double standard is obvious

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Someone should have stopped after threatening doxxing.

Are you scared dude?
I am willing to dox myself dude. I have nothing to hide man.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think quite a lot of members on this site defend freedom of speech rather inconsistently depending on their political view points....

It is amazing isn't it. Ppl condem others for not allowing free speech, then want to legeslate censorship.

link   

Forgive me, what does it mean to "dox" oneself?

link   

Like I say though not really interested in a debate about the nature of islam....

And that's why Robinsonss right.

The truth is that Islam is a religion of war, and the educated elite in the West have had proof of this for over 150 years. But since 9/11 they have been actively deceiving the rest of the population – because the elite dare not tackle the problem. Our journalists have totally failed in their function to challenge and correct the lies of politicians. So, the problem with Islam in the West has grown worse every year since the early 1990s. There is no sign that anything will be done to stop this until ordinary people take it upon themselves to understand Islam and expose the lies which paralyse the Westʼs discussions of Islam.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It is amazing isn't it. Ppl condem others for not allowing free speech, then want to legeslate censorship.

Yeah I said it before I find the paradox fascinating.

Actually discussions around freedom of speech I find very interesting on this site just because of how absolute some interpret it to be but thats probably a discussion for another time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join