It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thug Judge Emmet Sullivan Brutalized General Michael Flynns Family Today.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

I have to defend care on this.

He has never come off as a raciest.

Care doesn't like this judge because he likes flynn. Care likes flynn (I guess) mostly because trump does.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If you think this judge is biased consider this.

This is the judge that came down on hillary about her emails.
www.politico.com...

Judge says Hillary Clinton's private emails violated policy

After Justice Department lawyer Peter Wechsler argued that the open records law normally doesn’t allow for searches of government officials’ private accounts, the judge said he viewed it as an unusual situation because “there was a violation of government policy.” “We’re not talking about a search of anyone’s random email,” Sullivan added.

He also ordered the State Department to contact the FBI to determine whether the private server Clinton used, which Clinton turned over to that law enforcement agency earlier this month, contains official records possibly responsive to the FOIA suit.

edit on 19-12-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The way it comes off to me is that the judge was extremely upset over things that flynn did that he knows about but we the people do not.

How angry would we be IF we knew what the judge knows?

That's the impression I'm getting as well. The judge knows far more than we do about what all has gone on -- and is going on. We don't know what he knows, and therefore we really cannot judge his ruling.

I don't like it one bit. We should know. It's one of the reasons I consistently and staunchly demand true transparency... so that we do know and don't have to wonder if the judge is acting responsibly and justly or not.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I think he is right, Flynn screwed up.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
what a sensationalist, BS headline.

The judge isn't a thug. No one was brutalized. Its hyperbolic silliness. The judge had harsh words. No physical violence happened.

Its the same type of language the "leftists" use to make words sound like they really cause physical damage to someone.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
There is such a caterwauling among the right that Mueller's investigation is a nothingburger...but sentencing time makes them so sad. Sorry...but you can't have it both ways.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Reporters in the courtroom described how sad and hurt Flynn and his family looked, as judge Sullivan was hurling insults at General Flynn. Insults that were WAY OVER THE TOP for his "crime", of telling a lie to the FBI.

I take it you’ve never been in front of a judge before.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

if they read the entire transcript they would know that the judge was quite concerned that he would reveal information that he learned through this case that the prosecution (or the intelligence services??) didn't want known. he urged the prosecutors at least twice to stop him if they thought that he was gonna reveal something he shouldn't. then when asked if flynn could have been charged with treason, the prosecution didn't want to say, because well, they seem to not know. after the recess (and a consultation with the constitution and whatever laws that might be relevant) they came back with the answer of no...
treason involves giving aid and comfort to an enemy that we have in a DECLARED war. that might be way the answer was no.

but, well,look at how often those on the right seem to claim that those on the left should be locked up for treason because of their opposition to trump. it seems that the judge and the prosecutors aren't the only ones that are a little confused about this one.

flynn could have been charges along with the others that got indicted this week, the prosecution did admit to that. so maybe go and read that indictment. you will see that involved a little more than just lying to the fbi..

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

... so maybe go and read that indictment. you will see that involved a little more than just lying to the fbi..

Did you mean this comment for me? Even in the context of my comment, I don't understand your point. We can all read that indictment 100 times and we still won't know what the judge knows.

Give us the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and we can figure out for ourselves if Flynn -- or Trump, or anyone -- committed treason (or a similar crime.)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Actually no you don't have to be in a declared war w said party for it to be treason...... I don't know where you got this idea.....

edit on 12/19/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

18 USC 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Source

50 USC 2204 - Definitions

(2) the term “enemy” means any country, government, group, or person that has been engaged in hostilities, whether or not lawfully authorized, with the United States;

Source

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Hostilities does not necessarily mean declared war.......

Were not at war w China but there are continue Hostilities on several levels.....

One could be charged w treason for selling off secrets to them or aiding them on gaining intel about American assets etc....

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

10 USC 948a - Definitions
(9)Hostilities.—
The term “hostilities” means any conflict subject to the laws of war.

Source

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

10 USC 948a - Definitions
(9)Hostilities.—
The term “hostilities” means any conflict subject to the laws of war.

Source

Congrats you can do definitions. It doesn't change a thing.... You don't have to be in open shooting war w another country to be charged w treason.... Its a fact.... Do your research.... My example still stands

It would be up to the big bad men up top to decide whether ti charge for treason or even Espionage I suspect....

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The judge isn't a thug. No one was brutalized. Its hyperbolic silliness. The judge had harsh words. No physical violence happened.

But he was mean to him because he broke the law. I mean what was he supposed to do, hug him and cry it out?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

well there's been cases of people selling classified info to russia and china....
were they convicted of treason?? name one that has?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

didn't say that it would reveal everything that the judge knows, but it will show that there was more than just lying to the fbi that flynn could have been charged with..

and no, it wasn't really directed at you, just kind of adding to your points.
and quite frankly, I can live without knowing everything that was revealed to the judge but redacted from the documents that were provided for us. not if it would compromise the investigation or our national security.
so, if we happened to have a confessed member of a terrorist group who is cooperating with the gov't, revealing other members of the group, what he knows they have done... you don't see a problem if they just release all that he's told them out to the public (as well as those other members that are now under investigation?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

With the exception of William Mumford, who was convicted of treason for tearing down a US flag during the Civil War, every person found guilty of treason in the US were either involved in an open rebellion (levying war against the US) or supported the Axis during WWII (providing support to enemies of the US.)

Not even Robert Hanssen was convicted of treason. Why? Because at no point during the time he was spying on the US for Russia were we ever actually in a war with Russia.

The US Code lays out these definitions for a very specific reason. You're free to have the opinion that the US doesn't need to be in open war with a country for someone to be found guilty of treason. Your opinion would be wrong from the legal perspective but you're still free to have it.
edit on 12/19/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Thug Judge Emmet Sullivan Brutalized General Michael Flynns Family Today.

Black Judge=THUG

Bookmarked for future reference

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Flynn, took, $500,000.00 from turkey. Turkey wanted the Russian sanctions stopped. I feel the same way the judge does. Why did you not copy the text, where Flynn and his lawyers, admit everything. Flynn, said he was a liar. Why are you sticking up for him? The man committed some to quote the judge, "serious crimes". Commit the crime, you will get time.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join