It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This weekend, we face the most serious threat to the world that we have ever seen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It will be interesting to see if they attribute the falling or rising TV ratings due to the new writer or to a female taking the lead as Dr. Who, or both. I watched the original Dr. Who a very long time ago and always found it very boring.

The general consensus is that this was due to problems with the writing, rather than Capaldi's portrayal, but the end result is the same: less hype for Doctor Who, and fewer people watching the show. However, with Steven Moffat stepping down as showrunner and veteran series writer Chris Chibnall taking his place, Whittaker's Doctor could potentially see the series returned to its former glory.

screenrant.com...
edit on 110CDT08America/Chicago04280831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He could have come back as Han Frickin' Solo and saved Solo.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

No, they'll blame Whovians for being misogynists. Haven't you learned from watching the Ghostbusters and Star Wars debacles?

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

With a pansexual Lando in tow....SMH screw SJW Wars...

No doubt they’ll be called a “toxic fan base” as well.🤦🏻‍♂️
edit on 10/6/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Maybe Captain Baldy from Star Trek can save the show, he is English after all.

Where the eff is Tom Baker when you need him?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
They only way to create a strong female lead is to cannibalize an established male character? Is that some form of character rape?

And those of the left cannot see the irony or the hypocrisy?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There for a second.

I thought my hippo campus was malfunctioning.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

He's at home. Washing his scarf.

I loved Tom Baker. My favorite Doctor although Tennant gave him a serious run for his money. I have 4th Doctor Pop on my desk at work.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is wrong. Have they forgotten all the doctors before her. They were and are TIMELORDS, the emphasis on lords not ladies. What if they made Darth Vader a woman, Darth Vaderess.
This happened in the French revolution when a woman (Marie Antony) got too big for her boots.
Get the pitchforks out and the knitting needles.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The screenplay I'm working on is an interpretation of the Civil War, and Abraham Lincoln is portrayed as a young, Hispanic, handicapped woman.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So is it going Lezbo now ? All the travelers have primarily been woemans.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The screenplay I'm working on is an interpretation of the Civil War, and Abraham Lincoln is portrayed as a young, Hispanic, handicapped woman.

And I thought Lincoln couldn’t get any hotter...🤣

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
They only way to create a strong female lead is to cannibalize an established male character? Is that some form of character rape?

And those of the left cannot see the irony or the hypocrisy?

The BBC Board of Directors obviously think it is time for the new establishment of a strong female lead.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I've seen the commercials. She looks very watchable. I've never seen the show but am aware of the mystique. I don't think this will harm the franchise.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Doctor who was a woman last season.
Seriously, did anyone not notice?

They really dropped the ball since Tennant.
The moon was an egg.....da fuk.....

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why not a middle-aged White woman with many accomplishments?

link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Nah, it's got nothing to do with the title.

There have been female time lords. Doctor traveled with Romana through a couple seasons. She was established to be a Time Lady, had her own sonic screwdriver, and regenerated.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It will at least be watchable if after the regeneration, the new Doctor looks down, peers into her pants and shrieks "WTF! Shiiiiiittt".

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
And I thought the whole role of the lead supporting female actress was to highlight the human characteristics and compassion a biter single alone Time Lord could not obtain, or lost.

It will be interesting to see if Doctor Who will survive messing with its successful formula?
edit on 6-10-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
And I thought the whole role of the lead supporting female actress was to highlight the human characteristics and compassion as biter single alone Time Lord could not obtain, or lost.

It will be interesting to see if Doctor Who will survive messing with its successful formula?

The recent writing formula has not been successful hence the change.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join