It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left Can’t Meme So They’ve Just Decided To Ban Memes Instead. Internet Censorship at Last?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's all about taking away free speech slowly. It's so obvious.

First we ban the memes, then anything considered funny.

Then we outright ban any differing opinion that doesn't conform.

Additionally, EVERYTHING on the internet WILL OFFEND someone at SOME POINT. So the government can't possibly hope to just ban everything offensive. Bah.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
The right needs pictures and cartoons to convey their simplistic approach to complex issues. Progressives can use words to convey thoughts that span the distance between "this good" and "that bad" and "me show funny picture".

It's not about left and right. They're coming for your free speech. It says LEFT but it is essentially all part of the same New World Order cabal.

It's always for our own good. It's always for copyright or for this or for that.

It's never about silencing us, for allowing the DEEP STATE to take full control of you. Oh no, never. Trust us.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The right needs pictures and cartoons to convey their simplistic approach to complex issues. Progressives can use words to convey thoughts that span the distance between "this good" and "that bad" and "me show funny picture".

Wrong.
Progressives use simple words out of context instead like bigot or racist to shut down argument......or just pass laws like artical 13

edit on 13-9-2018 by DIEGLOKE2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2018 by DIEGLOKE2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Oh man look, lvl 999 Fire Wizard appears, burns so good.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Topato

They're coming for your free speech

Funny, how my speech is still coming out.

Yeah, they came for my guns (looking at a rack of them right now)
They came for my speech....

Still typing, howling at the moon, and talking treason...

What else ya got?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Lol, don't you guys have a sky to screech at?

"Full of grief I scream at the wind"

link   

The Left Can’t Meme So They’ve Just Decided To Ban Memes Instead.

I spit in your face, globalists.

I love how reactionaries have decided gloablism is a left-wing thing. Yay low info far-right populist dreck. You know all those black bloc protesters you undoubtedly hate? You're appropriating their terminology but if you look at recent decades, they're the ones who have actually been protesting the globalist institutions (look at any World Bank, WTO, G7/G8/G20 protest ever).

Ironic isn't it?

Oh but that's just the tip of the irony iceberg. According to right-wingers, the left-wing technocrats are trying to silence "conservative" voices. Then something like this Article 13 comes along and of course — it's the Left!

Except that no, Article 13 isn't about dank memes, it's about money. Because at the end of the day, it's always about money. And who actually stands to lose the most? All those platforms that rely on user generated content that you imagine are out to get you who have lobbied against it.

EU approves controversial copyright directive aimed at Google, Facebook, Twitter

Article 13 requires platforms such as YouTube and Facebook to prevent the “illegal” uploading of copyrighted content. This would effectively force platforms to scan content prior to allowing the upload. The concern is that this would result in “censorship” by the big platforms, because they don’t want to risk liability. The current system requires notice of a violation before a takedown.

link   
a reply to: DIEGLOKE2

Progressives use simple words

To communicate with the right. We can draw pictures if you cannot read. Anything to help the disabled.

link   

They're coming for your free speech

Funny, how my speech is still coming out.

Yeah, they came for my guns (looking at a rack of them right now)
They came for my speech....

Still typing, howling at the moon, and talking treason...

What else ya got?

You're right, I mean everyone said Obama was gonna take our guns. Didn't happen.

If Hillary got elected, I was going to open a gun store. I would have made so much money!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

What kind of Gun(s) do you own?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What is this "Left Can't Meme" statement coming from?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You would have made money. Obama made the NRA and the gun industry grow.

Funny how many guns got taken during the Obama presidency - from the gun industry to consumers. Lots of money in selling fear.

I bought a few guns during those years. Needed a deer rifle for my son, and my younger boy outgrew his 20 gauge and wanted to move up to a 12 for ducks.

Not so much because a black president was coming to put me in a FEMA camp.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Reading Infowars vs Wired article.

Heh. ^_^

Who doesn't love money.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

None of your business. I hunt. I shoot. Ex-military. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sure.

👌

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

None of your business. I hunt. I shoot. Ex-military. Think about it.

Call of duty doesn't count

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
What is this "Left Can't Meme" statement coming from?

Everyone knows lefties have no humour as they just get offended by everything

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DIEGLOKE2

Don't waste time on those games. My boys seem to like them thought. My oldest son, who is a currently serving US Marine, tells me all the time that civilians are #, and don't really know what serving really means.

I am sure you know what it means, however.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The EU and some of the states within it has been threatening Facebook and other online companies with its draconian "hate speech" agenda for quite some time. They'd prefer bureaucratic control of speech rather than leaving that power in the hands of individuals. Oppose it while you still can.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join