It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allen Weisselberg: Trump's financial factotum granted immunity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: MetalThunder

Go make a thread about it, this thread is not about Clinton. Though by saying this you are showing just how selective YOU are about who and what should be investigated.

Clinton was under investigation for 4 years, do you think those investigations were a witch hunt or a waste of money and resources?
Nope and we still got more to uncover 😌

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Same goes for the Trump investigation. Obviously. 😌

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: olaru12

Selective targeting ..... I see

Cash Flowed to Clinton Foundation Amid Russian Uranium Deal

But the episode underscores the special ethical challenges presented by the Clinton Foundation, headed by a former president who relied heavily on foreign cash to accumulate $250 million in assets even as his wife helped steer American foreign policy as secretary of state, presiding over decisions with the potential to benefit the foundation’s donors.

Well, this thread is about trump and not Clinton.

Selective diversion I see....

Whataboutism is getting overworked overtime. Do you think it really improves trumps position. Clinton lost, she's gone.

They are directly related.
As it has been explained in the past adnausuem is that the same people going after Trump were the same people that covered for Hilary. The point is that the justice system is being abused for political reasons. I understand that in your state of extreme political bias that you may not care, and would rather no one look at the man behind the curtain, but objective readers should review the subject in its entirety.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: watchitburn
Depends how many shills you have at the FBI.

Don't you want to see the facts emerge before casting judgement, or are you just happier eliminating the middleman before you call "Fake News"?

Not sure what you're talking about. I was providing an answer to a question.
But feel free to continue to pull sh*t out of your back hole.

You know, I misread your context, so you have my apologies.
Have a beer (Canadian, at that) on me!

Damn you polite Canadians!

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sounds like this is fairly safe ground for the guy.
Given no law has been broken in relation to these payments, it's all fairly easy for Weisselberg to just reiterate that Trump paid some women to sign an NDA and not talk about their alleged affairs.

Looks to me as if the crazies on the left are just pissing in the wind offering immunity to anyone close to Trump in order to find something/anything they can write in a report to Congress.

All very desperate stuff - especially as a President can not be indicted and can also not be impeached for anything outside his Presidential term.
If you care about equal treatment under the law, you are aghast at the political nature of Mueller and his henchmen (including the rather toxic NY AG)

Which leaves only one motivation of the lefties - smear smear smear in the hope of influencing an election.
Having said that even CNN are back peddling now - they've realised there is no case and don't want to look even more stupid than they already do.

edit on 24/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I thought this thread was About Allen Weisselberg getting immunity .... didn't mean to melt ya down

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

All very desperate stuff - especially as a President can not be indicted and can also not be impeached for anything outside his Presidential term.

This is factually disputed. It is widely bandied about by people like Allen Dershowitz, but it is not settled definitively and likely never will be. Dershowitz and Trump might believe the president could shoot someone on 5th Avenue with impunity (continued support of his "base" goes without saying, of course) but it would surprise me if an indictment for murder didn't follow. There is a DOJ "guidance" that proscribes indictment of a sitting president, but it is not a law and not a constitutionally based rule.

A sitting Vice President, Spiro Agnew, was criminally indicted. The president and vice president are of course different but in constitutional terms the difference is slight.

There is a lot of dispute among legal scholars about whether a sitting president can be indicted and the fact that one opinion on the matter has such wide currency is not decisive.
edit on 24-8-2018 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Christ the content of this thread is just moronic, it's like I'm reading a Youtube comment section. Go to the damn Mud Pit with this nonsense.

As far as Comey spilling the beans right before election, I am of the understanding that the top brass at FBI (a.k.a. all the ones who are now fired or demoted) ignored the laptop in lieu of the Russian election manipulation. Which makes sense, seeing as the meddling was more time sensitive and a core breach of USA constitutional practice. BUT by delaying on it until the NYPD started pressuring them about it, Comey didn't have much of a choice but to acknowledge the emails. They should've gotten out in front of it as soon as they heard about it. A month is better than 12 days for the story to exit the minds of voters, they could've easily had the MSM drop distraction pieces seeing as apparently a bunch of the FBI and MSM journalist are buddy-buddy.

But that has nothing to do with this thread. As far as this thread goes, I have no idea who the Allen character is (hell I don't know sh1t compared to most of you), and I fail to see how ANY these new characters tie into Russia meddling. This looks more like a smear campaign in order to make Trump LOOK guilty of something, and thus make any who associate with him or back his policies appear tainted by him. As a distraction from what? When is this dossier going to bust this collusion garbage bag?

And for another matter, what is this immunity from? The optics of this whole situation are strange.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

The only 2 official DoJ documents state that the President can not be indicted.
The one you refer to, often cited by the media, was a memo and not policy.

In terms of Spiro Agnew - even Solicitor General Bork during the proceedings made it clear that the President was the only person who could not be indicted.

Read the attached from the DoJ. It makes things clear. (it's a pdf but source is justice.gov)
www.justice.gov...

The only step is impeachment - and even there it's likely that anything Trump did whilst not in office will not be considered as impeachable. This one is more of a debate, but the case of Vice President Schyler Colefax in 1873 (relating to accusations of criminality in 1868 and prior to him holding office) resulted in the House Judiciary determining that impeachment under the constitution "should only be applied to high crimes and misdemeanors whilst in office which alone affects the officer in discharge of duties".

To get anywhere near Trump, Mueller and the Democrats only real ploy (which they revealed with the bogus Cohen plea statement regarding campaign law) is to sway public opinion to influence an election, to the extent that Congress can be controlled by the Democrats post the election and then go against the tradition of impeachment to try and force Trump out... in other words make it purely a political impeachment, disregarding precedent.

edit on 24/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WorldUnderCeej

Why would you post in a thread where you admit you don't who the subject of the thread is? Why not just lurk and learn. Why not read the thread a little more carefully. You don't seem to know what has been said.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't have time right now but I will look at the linked .pdf.

You do know that Bork was the Nixon stooge appointed after the people at the DOJ, with integrity, Cox, Richardson and Ruckelshaus, were fired by the president. '

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Neat,so then there is the paper trail Trump needs to show he didnt violate finance laws. His man In charge of the organizations money gave money to cohen to pay him for services renedered at the direction of DOnald trump. where is the illegal stuff here?

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

I don't have time right now but I will look at the linked .pdf.

You do know that Bork was the Nixon stooge appointed after the people at the DOJ, Cox, Richardson and Ruckelshaus, with integrity, were fired by the president. '

Yes,I know about Bork - but keep in mind HE was the person going after the Vice President and stating that the VP COULD be indicted.
As the document from the DoJ concludes the Presidency is unique in this regard - he can't be indicted.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Rats abandoning the sinking ship.
There is something larger going on behind the scenes than just hush money payments.

I'm bet is that Donny has done a little bit of money laundering in Russia and it's all coming out soon.

Muller is doing a magnificent job at draining the swamp!

TICK TOCK

MAGA!!

edit on 24-8-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
There is something larger going on behind the scenes than just hush money payments.

I'm bet is that Donny has done a little bit of money laundering in Russia and it's all coming out soon.

MAGA!!

woudnt be th efirst time you were wrong on a situation. just sit back n watch.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
All of a sudden Mueller's airtight investigation has sprung a lot of leaks.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This is disputed. It is not settled. I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

This is disputed. It is not settled. I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

It's not disputed by the DoJ - based on the 1973 analysis and confirmed in 2000.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The contention in court would be that he did violate campaign finance laws by not declaring the expenditures since they were campaign related. Cohen asserts unequivocally that these expenditures were campaign related.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

MAGA!!

woudnt be th efirst time you were wrong on a situation. just sit back n watch.

Long time Trump associates are jumping the ship.. .. What do you want me to watch?
Delusional Q Qrap?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join