It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: The new alternative facts: ‘Truth isn’t truth’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yes, Giuliani actually said this -- Truth isn't truth. It follows the President's statement not long ago that 'what we're seeing and what we're reading is not happening.'

It is becoming painfully obvious, or it should to critical thinkers, that the real enemy of this administration is the Truth. Now documented at an average of 7.5 lies per day during his Presidency, Donald Trump has become the most dishonest President in history of our country, by a very heavy margin -- I realize that many will come here and flail their arms in the air and try to contradict this very, very strongly with nothing but their very, very strong opinions -- but it remains a fact and it's true.

Giuliani says it’s “silly” to say Trump should testify “because he’s going to tell the truth and he shouldn’t worry” because “it’s somebody’s version of the truth. Not the truth.”

Todd insisted: “Truth is truth,” Giuliani responded: “Truth isn’t truth.” The comment left Todd flummoxed.

Trump and his aides have been criticized for spreading lies and disinformation. White House counselor Kellyanne Conway famously referred to it as “alternative facts.”

Associated Press

This news comes out at the same time that the President said that his White House counsel that is being questioned by the SC is not a 'RAT', not even realizing what he said means. Do others realize what that means? Let's say cops arrest you and your friend and they go to interrogate your friend and the cops ask you - "Are you worried?" To which you reply - "No, he's not a rat."

Would that not imply that a crime has been committed but you believe your friend won't rat on you? He is basically betting on the White House counsel having his back, while admitting wrongdoing. Why would an adult say something this stupid?

Interestingly, all this follows a highly controversial act of taking security clearances from top ranking US officials, which is already prompting calls for more investigations.

Now, having been sick for a week or so, it allowed me more time to read and think -- and I've come to this realization:

There is a very easy way to get this President to do stupid things, things that go against what is good for him -- the President is basically Ron Burgundy from Anchorman, and like Ron Burgundy, while he is entertaining he is not very smart and he will read anything that is put on the teleprompter -- only the teleprompter is figurative and it's where he gets his news and where he gets his ideas. That would be Fox and Friends, Breitbart, Hannity etc...

After everyone here on ATS and on FOX News and other alt-right outlets started going 'reee, reee, reee, take their clearances away!' he actually thought it was the right thing to do and he did! He watches mainstream media and the news incessantly and actually thinks that all he hears is true. All that is said is true and ok for him to repeat -- like a teleprompter!

Only it's not an he is being extremely unwise. If someone were to get the wrong ideas to those commentators, such as 'Fire Special Counsel' he would in time think it was the right thing to do and would do it.

I have a feeling this President will bring himself down by doing what the media and websites like us tell him to do, give him reason and elan to do, and then he just follows.

Reeee away, folks!

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The minute we moved away from objectivity as a philsophy - the idea that there are objective truths - and this happened long ago and was championed by progressives in the universities, you were set up for this.

After all, it all depends on what your definition of "is" is.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Do you seriously not understand Giuliani's point?
It's not that difficult.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Do you seriously not understand Giuliani's point?
It's not that difficult.

There is not truth, only the narrative. It's all subjective these days.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Go ahead sport - spell it out for us

:-)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The minute we moved away from objectivity as a philsophy - the idea that there are objective truths - and this happened long ago and was championed by progressives in the universities, you were set up for this.

And when you say 'you', you mean the President, right?

I am pretty sure a lot of us here appreciate facts and fact checking, and fact checking the fact checkers and so on, all in an effort to get to the bottom and to the truth.

The only ones who seem to show a complete disregard for the truth is the White House and the mainstream media.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I realize, however, that I'm preaching to the choir. Most members on ATS have come out and said that they agreed the President was a liar, but that they are ok with it -- for what reason I don't know. But at least most people agree he is a liar.

The only thing I still don't understand is why they choose to listen to a liar. If you know someone lies to you, why do you still cheer that behavior on? Why do you fall for it and repeat it?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So, you're saying that progressives gave up on objectivity? And who is it that maintained objectivity?

I'd love some examples

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: ketsuko

So, you're saying that progressives gave up on objectivity? And who is it that maintained objectivity?

I'd love some examples

You are not going to get an example. These are the very, very strong opinions I wrote about. There will be pages of it and not one will be able to contradict anything with facts. It's just the way things go here.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Trump lies. Trump has always lied. If you think this is new, you are new.

If you think that because Trump lies, it's OK for everyone else to do it, then you are truly part of the problem. Obama lied too, but not as good as Trump.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

any lawyer will tell you even if the truth is on your side to not do an interview with police or a prosecutor that is a known thing. What they do is get you in there and twist words around to play a game of gotcha.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
MSM in general might be afraid that Don McGahn and others may be running down all they know about how the Trump Campaign and the Administration was/is infiltrated by opposing orgs.

Naming names, places, how's and whens.

💥🤫💥

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
I realize, however, that I'm preaching to the choir. Most members on ATS have come out and said that they agreed the President was a liar, but that they are ok with it -- for what reason I don't know. But at least most people agree he is a liar.

The only thing I still don't understand is why they choose to listen to a liar. If you know someone lies to you, why do you still cheer that behavior on? Why do you fall for it and repeat it?

what exactly do you mean here? What is it that "they" do, that makes you think they buy Trump's lies?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Left and MSM continue to amazt the s**t outta me.

8 years of Obama, Jarrett, Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer et al and NOW you whine about " The Truth"

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Now, back to CNN.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There's only one truth in American politics.

There is no truth.

The rest is OPINION.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Really?

You're claiming Tump's lies are the fault of Liberals?

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yes I know :-)

But, hope does spring eternal (at least in my own noggin) and I always think I might get an actual, genuine, bona fide discussion

It happens

I just love this idea that someone thinks that it's impossible to live in a universe that includes relative, objective and absolute truths. There is only one truth - and one kind of people gets that

This idea - that one camp is responsible for the devaluation of objective truth - in a world of faith

Well, some silliness must ensue

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

OP is the epitomy of what makes political left steer off the cliff. Lacking anything but hate for Trump. Always on seek for negativity and bending common sense into insanity.

That said, current era is the best time ever. So despite of media hauling skit on all available outlets, remember to embrace and enjoy the fruits of November 2016. Life is good!

edit on 19-8-2018 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Trump lies. Trump has always lied. If you think this is new, you are new.

If you think that because Trump lies, it's OK for everyone else to do it, then you are truly part of the problem. Obama lied too, but not as good as Trump.

So, what now? Trump gets a pass because everyone lies? How many people support everything he does - because they're OK with him lying so long as they get what they want?

How is your saying you know Trump lies helping your argument? What is your argument? :-)

Please - make this all OK by using Obama as some kind of evidence

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join