It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Stouffers Stove Top Stuffing DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

edit on 23-7-2018 by JosephKnecht because: Deleted because I misread what I responded to.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

You came up with the idea that people might believe the thoughts in their heads over reality?

That's called "psychosis".

You're suggesting a huge mass of well educated working people suffer from the exact same delusion.

I hope you understand that's not possible in the realm of mental disorders (short of mass-drugging or brainwashing).

What I'm curious about is your 'frustration'..

I'm assuming your saying your educated in mental disorders. Do you understand being frustrated at topic you're studying, or the people you're training to serve is - well.. doesn't that fall under "borderline personality disorder"?

I'm so curious about that frustration.. When folks mention the ME, some people (about 1/2) get wildly angry.

I want to know why. If you want to explain it more, I'll listen.

Edit to add: I'm getting ready to hit the sack, so if you reply I may not see it till tomorrow.

Wow someone is abrasive. No I wrote about different factors that would lead to mass confusion relating to certain subjects and elements in pop culture and culture and with the way people behave and the added element of the internet and what it had already done to people, memory, spreading of incorrect information etc. Those certain subjects and elements are the exact ones that the Mandela effect always centers around and some of my examples are the same things now people have confused. Sorry to burst your bubble but I was quite clear I was annoyed that people took the phenomenon and turned it into a mass migration across timelines, I never said I predicted that. Who the hell could it's so ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Maybe this is why Wikipedia is reckless at telling history correctly.....Cause I know Stouffers stuffing mix at least existed....

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

You can't prove or disprove ME from looking up hard copies because reality has changed (including old hard copies of products.) What one can find though, as has been frequented shared in ME threads in recent years, is various contradictory records: videos, audio, images and articles which mention the old reality. NASA mentions Haley's Comet, Amazon listings for "Berenstein Bears" books, etc. It seems that for those of us who are not programmed with the new reality our whole history remains the same. IOW, if you remember "Berenstein Bears" and made a video about them as a kid, chances are the video still has you saying "Berenstein." If the video also features someone of "Berenstain" reality then they will say "Berenstain" in the video, even if you remember them always saying "Berenstein."

An example of this would be the movie "Gandhi," in which Gandhi's name is pronounced both "Ghan-di" and "Gandy" by different actors. ME experiencers remember the name Gandhi spelled and pronounced differently. If this is a true ME (which I personally can't verify) then theoretically a movie like "Gandhi" would indeed contain contradictory wordings/pronunciations by different people.

Well, if my second conspiracy theory idea is true, then the ME only changes things online for the most part. Therefore there could still exist some hard evidence that the facts have been changed over time in the form of some record found in your personal collection or in some library or archival material.

Now if you except the idea that reality did indeed change, then obviously everyone's memory would have changed along with it nullifying the effect. That is unless reality didn't change, but some people shifted from one reality to another. If that is what is happening, then the change is with the person having the ME and not reality as it is experienced by everyone else.

But like I stated, it is most likely an artifact of the human memory process. Although I still find the idea of a shifting reality fascinating, IMO faulty memory to blame for the Mandela Effect.

To your first point:

It is NOT an "internet thing".

I went through discipleship as a 'baby Christian' - a big part of it was the whole wineskins thing. The Bible I studied - the physical Bible on my shelf - changed. All of them did. My Grandma gave me her mom's Bible - it's changed. It doesn't matter if it's old or new - the KJV (supposedly unchanged since the 1600's) changed - I know what I studied.

Another book on my shelf changed - The Outsiders.. and on another book on my shelf, the ENTIRE TITLE of a off-beat poetry book by a famous author changed.

The globe on my desk changed... ..that broke me for a bit. I KNOW South America was not that far East.

I work with a wide range of technologies - one of them requires me to work with color palettes. We are a Linux only household, so we use Gimp - the direction of the gradient changed - and I've used that same tool for well over a decade. Pointing to an area of the gradient is muscular memory for me - and it's changed now. I talked to the developers - they say it's always been that way, but they were going to change it to the way I remember it always was - go figure.

I also work with typography on occasion - so I look closely at branding. I was in a waiting room, drinking a Coke and going over the logo - I had a distinct thought about how unique it was to use a tilde (~) in their design - a standard key without modification. Two weeks later it was gone - replaced by a high dash.. The tilde never existed.

I know for a fact it was JCPenny..

What I know as a Kidney Punch wouldn't work today.. ..neither would a lobotomy (as the procedure was).

That list goes on and on - the point is that they are physical changes.

To your second point:

If reality changed then our memories would too - no. Consciousness may not be tied to our surroundings. It may be a separate thing, above our physical world.

To your third point:

Everyone's memory is fallible.. ..but we aren't talking about fleeting events. We're talking about things we studied (Jadians map skills, my Coke label, etc). We're talking about things we see, hear and do everyday. We're talking about the box we saw on the counter while our Moms made Thanksgiving dinner, every single year and on occasion outside the holiday, until we were older - then we went to the store and bought the same brand, and did the same thing with our kids.

That's not memory - that's knowledge. The dismissiveness you display indicates you wouldn't be surprised if you forgot how to tie your shoes, or how to get to work everyday.

Most are responsible when they recount what they know.. I am. ..We know the difference between a fleeting memory and something we know - just like you.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: jidnum

Lol No, your ego won't let you except that I am a flawed human being who knows it but has the confidence in what I do know. I must be vilified as some kind of narcissistic know-it-all who thinks his memory is infallible. Uh huh...

Night Star, are you around? Do I always say my memory is perfect?

...yeah - but, typo!

You are well-spoken and seem level headed. I wish I could get my points across as well as you.

I've been dealing with people telling me I think I'm perfect since I started making threads here - they insinuate it as fact - but I have NEVER said my memory was perfect - ever. I've tried to explain to them that I'm talking about knowledge - not memory, yet the same put-down appears in every thread despite my best efforts...

..I eventually stopped responding to that stuff and started focusing my effort on documenting what I know and reaching those that are curious about it. I suppose that pisses off the naysayers (they get cranky fast) - but I can only repeat myself so much.. ..if they don't understand via all the different ways I've tried to explain what I'm saying - then I can't help - I have to count it as a loss, and move on. I know I tried hard, and that's good enough for me.

They are too highly motivated for a subject that doesn't affect them.. ..almost like a gang mentality (check out older threads). I want to understand what's happening in their heads so bad - but I can't get any of them to talk about it at that level. Something has changed in the way people deal with problems, and I'm fascinated by it.

I've also never said I think I'm from another universe - in fact I've never typed the words "time line" other than to dispute that I ever said "time line". Yet in every thread there are droves of people telling me I think I'm from another time line..

..There are at least 3 emerging scientific principles (theories - double slit, entanglement, and superposition) that are backed up by observation (or the lack thereof lol). Each says we don't understand the nature of reality. Quantum computing RELIES on "other realities / universes"...

..Those that attack the possibilities are the same that martyred early scientific advancements.

'Reality' is the only word in language that should always be used in quotes.
- TKK
- Original author unknown.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaDeCo
What you may be remembering is the commercials for their TV dinners which included a line about their stuffing.

See Product Here

I really thought there was Stouffer's Stovetop Stuffing as well, but, now I look at their product and logo, I don't remember them making more than frozen foods... and it would make no sense to make all frozen entrees and then randomly Thanksgiving Stuffing.

Haha, that's clearly it!

Brains work in funny ways. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: KaDeCo
What you may be remembering is the commercials for their TV dinners which included a line about their stuffing.

See Product Here

I really thought there was Stouffer's Stovetop Stuffing as well, but, now I look at their product and logo, I don't remember them making more than frozen foods... and it would make no sense to make all frozen entrees and then randomly Thanksgiving Stuffing.

Haha, that's clearly it!

Brains work in funny ways. Case closed.

Not even close...

The case is building - the numbers are growing - the "Effect" (changes) are happening faster - more and more every day.

Like I've said many times..

It's only a matter of time until we're all "Effected".

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
searching history I see Souffer's belongs to Nestle
www.madewithnestle.ca...

Stove Top is a stuffing that was introduced by General Foods in 1972 (merging with Kraft in 1990 to form Kraft General Foods). It is a quick cooking ("instant") stuffing that is available in supermarkets.
en.wikipedia.org...

I could find no Stouffer's Stuffing ever.

Side note to shock Food Brands Owned by Monsanto, Monsanto to Bayer so the poison and drug producers own these brands.
feast.media... So we are pretty much dead already.
Aunt Jemima
Aurora Foods
Banquet
Best Foods
Betty Crocker
Bisquick
Cadbury
Campbell’s
Capri Sun
Carnation
Chef Boyardee
Coca Cola
ConAgra
Delicious Brand Cookies
Duncan Hines
Famous Amos
Frito Lay
General Mills
Green Giant
Healthy Choice
Heinz
Hellman’s
Hershey’s Nestle
Holsum
Hormel
Hungry Jack
Hunts
Interstate Bakeries
Jiffy
KC Masterpiece
Keebler/Flowers Industries
Kelloggs
Kid Cuisine
Knorr
Kool-Aid
Kraft/Phillip Morris
Lean Cuisine
Lipton
Loma Linda
Marie Callenders
Minute Maid
Morningstar
Butterworths
Nabisco
Nature Valley
Ocean Spray
Ore-Ida
Orville Redenbacher
Pasta- Roni
Pepperidge Farms
Pepsi
Pillsbury
Pop Secret
Post Cereals
Power Bar Brand
Prego Pasta Sauce
Pringles
Procter and Gamble
Quaker
Ragu Sauce
Rice-A-Roni
Smart Ones
Stouffers
Shweppes
Tombstone Pizza
Totinos
Uncle Ben’s
Unilever
V8
GMOHUMANITY

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

That is very telling about you, bro. How can you start off with, your words, "I'm about as big as they come", "I give any theory a chance, but not the Mandella Effect", and expect anyone to want to listen to your arguments on how we have to follow your theory of why it is happening. Your immediate bias is the same reason that a large amount of people are very suspicious of the actions of an FBI agent. You talk about unique experiences, well Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing, is one of my unique experiences that I remember from a long period of my childhood and Beyond. What do you think the scientists at CERN are there for? The largest, most expensive scientific experiment that our known history shows, is there for more than just Higgs. So you should take your bias to some other thread if you're not going to be a part of the actual discussion. I don't think anyone appreciates being thrown into your negative one-size-fits-all category. Pay attention to current science, not the people doing exactly what you're doing. Inserting your bias as known truth.

Narcissistic traits be showing my man. Embrace the cognitive dissonance, accept it, own it, and it will bring growth.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

originally posted by: Black_Fox
I try to pay alot of this subject no mind, but I do recall it being stouffers stovetop stuffing.

And there's this.

The host did not correct the guest and the crowd understood the joke so it appears everyone in that crowd also heard of Stouffers Stovetop or else someone would have corrected him.

Nice find.

Notice how no one yelled "It's KRAFT!"?

This kind of thing lasts the longest, the jokes about Depends and changes in names remain for a time it seems in TV and movies.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

As far as why people THINK it was Stouffers? Bread crumbs. They made bread crumbs that people used to make tailored stuffing. My paternal grandmother was real big on those, though I always thought they sucked. Ergo, semi-homemade stuffing made with Stouffer's crumbs got crossed with Stove Top and an urban legend was born.

Well, it looks like they never did make "Bread Crumbs" now either. check the history.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Damn it I told Johnny to be careful when I sent him to the early 20th century in his rations bag he had a turkey more with Kraft stove top stuffing in it. Just kidding but seriously I only used to buy stuffers stove top stuffing and last 2 turkey days I had to suffer with pepperridgde farms because I could not find stuffers stove top stuffing.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
M.E sucks even flat earth theory is more interesting

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Googling Stouffer's Stove Top Stuffing solves nothing, its been established it never existed here, which is the discrepancy between this timeline and collective memory, and why this thread has been made in the first place.

I also clearly remember Stouffer's stuffing... so even reading the thread title gave me a jolt. I was like.. "Wha..? No way!"

Why would it find Kraft Stuffing when searching for Stouffer stuffing? If you use almost any other word in a Google search.. tasty stuffing.. of stuffing.. best stuffing.. none of those search terms find Kraft stuffing. Not even just searching "stuffing" brings up Kraft stuffing. Only searching Stouffer's stuffing brings up a whole page of Kraft stuffing results.

This isn't the first that has these sorts of results. I clearly remember Caldwell Banker as a kid - I remember seeing it on a bus bench sign, and being remember being not able to say it because of the spelling. I was stunned when I heard about Coldwell banker. There were plenty of evidence of people using Caldwell in commercials (televised and in paper), and even in job descriptions for people in their LinkedIn accounts.. which is odd, that someone at a job, misspelled their own company name.. to SOMETHING MORE COMPLICATED. I could see the inverse, where if it were Cadwell, you might mistakenly put Coldwell. But the other way? How is Caldwell even remotely common in.. anything? It's not a common word for anything.

Which leads to even more fun. Go ahead and start a post to test this - type Coldwell. You will get a spelling error. Right click to see what the recommended correction is. Fun, right?

The last thing is how so many people remember the supposed SAME wrong memory. EVERYONE mistaking Coldwell for Caldwell. EVERYONE mistaking Kraft for Stouffer. No other confusion.. just Stouffer.

I also personally think many of these ME are just mistaken memory. But some I think are telling. The braces missing in a James Bond movie.. Caldwell.. Stouffer.. and a few others, I think stand out. Oh.. and Stouffer's was originally a restaurant. In the very beginning.. it started with the founders giving out buttermilk and... crackers. I'd love to see some of their original menus, and see if their stuffing was a big hit and featured item. : )

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gamer2343
M.E sucks even flat earth theory is more interesting

..then you know what to do.

Right?

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Stouffer's Stovetop Stuffing.

Just replace the Kraft logo with the Stouffer's logo on that box--that's what I remember. Why the programmers are changing trivial things like the branding on a box of filling, I have no idea. But I definitely came from a universe where Stouffer's Stovetop Stuffing was a thing--a very common thing. And the commercials. Voice over guy would say the name half a dozen times in 30 seconds.

"Stouffer's Stovetop Stuffing."

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
yup, figures. ignore my counter proof because people cant accept being wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would think, eventually "Stove Top" was not considered a copywrited product name, rather than a style of stuffing, which would allow other companies to use it too.

Since then, Kraft became ascendant, and Stoffers is pushed down in the marketplace. This is what we see.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lulpin
Definitely remember this one. I think it's very telling we all specifically remember it being stouffers brand, instead of everyone remembering different brands such as campbells in one post, and betty crocker in another.

Something has influenced us to collectively remember it as stouffers, and whether the cause of that is completely mundane (such as it being called that in a movie, or some such), or something bordering on science fiction is a mystery.

Google is in on this. As well as most companies.

posted on Jul, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
for reference..

Stove Top Rocks !!!

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join