It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notice its all about the Child Camps NOW in effect since b4 2014 btw and NOT the IG report?? Hmmmm

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If those running the country wanted it to stop then something would have been done many years ago. Otherwise it means politicians are extremely stupid. (really close to overtaking point 1).

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: notsure1

a reply to: notsure1

Still a whataboutism. Obama's mistakes don't excuse the Trump admin for treating families at the border as they are treating them.

Why werent you outraged at Obama for keeping kids in cages?

Because you really could not care less about those children Its ok you can admit it we all know..

This thread isn't about Obama! Nor is it about my feelings towards his immigration policies. You have no clue as to how I felt about them anyways and are just trying to get me into a weak gotcha moment. Damn. You guys are just incapable of discussing bad news about Trump are you? Everything has to circle back around to Obama or Hillary.

Hell this thread is basically just that. It's whining that this current disgusting policy by the Trump admin shouldn't be front in center in the news and instead we should be talking about the nothingburger that the IG report turned out to be.

not that you are expected to understand this, but when Obama did it, no outrage. When it happens under the Trump Admin, .....wait for it......OUTRAGE!!!!!

So while you cling to whataboutism to protect your fragile ego, the point remains that the MSM is pushing a narrative that should have been pushed a few years ago if it was truly an issue.

Trump is a bad guy and he's orange.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
One SIMPLE solution would be to unabashedly SECURE THE BORDER Completely That fixes the illegal Crossings, Access thru an OFFICIAL border crossing where IMMIGRANTS CAN LEGALLY apply for and be approved to enter the USA.

Its really that simple . i would rather see my tax dollars go to securing the border completely that these detention centers btw= free food free shelter on my & yours tax revenue dime going to who?

i work, they don't i pay taxes, they don't i follow the LAW, they don't Simple really.

So anyone with me?
Also I want ACCOUNTABILITY as well, this Circus/Climate of Political Corruption with NO consequences, Collusion with fixed investigations is BULL@@.
edit on 18-6-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If you commit a crime while having your kids with you, what do you think happens while you're being processed? Think they just let the kids in to stay with Mommy and Daddy?

In the usa if you are arrested and have kids with you then they are handed over to a guardian and if none come forward then the state will house.

The childish thought that if one does not accept the new change that detains all children then one has to be against trump is something mrs. trump is has addressed.

amazing she could be married to him and not agree with the detention of children.

get the left right out of your head

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
One SIMPLE solution would be to unabashedly SECURE THE BORDER Completely That fixes the illegal Crossings, Access thru an OFFICIAL border crossing where IMMIGRANTS CAN LEGALLY apply for and be approved to enter the USA.

Its really that simple . i would rather see my tax dollars go to securing the border completely that these detention centers btw= free food free shelter on my & yours tax revenue dime going to who?

i work, they don't i pay taxes, they don't i follow the LAW, they don't Simple really.

So anyone with me?

I thought the national guard being placed would have had some effect.

tax evasion is against the law

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Its convienant for them they will be outraged about something else next week and this will be forgotten

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

You know that's not what they really want. the media wants outrage and open borders fall in line pleb

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

So either push for open borders or quick crying when laws are enforced.

Or maybe just a compassionate view on people who risk all to get here.

Ya know, it doesn’t have to be complete open borders or immigrants in cages.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Perhaps the kids and mothers could be kept together in the detention centers instead of separating them.

Problem solved.

I wonder how much of our tax dollars are being used to pay for the private corps running the detention camps.?

Kids used as pawn in a profitable business operation. Private detention camps...who's next?

edit on 18-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

In the usa if you are arrested and have kids with you then they are handed over to a guardian and if none come forward then the state will house.

Which is exactly what is happening, so why all the hand wringing? As someone already pointed out, those kids are in centers with good food, clean water, a bed and video games on a big screen TV. They have it better than many American kids.
Should they be in jail with their parents?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Whiskey talk, how else?

✅🦗

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Which is exactly what is happening, so why all the hand wringing? As someone already pointed out, those kids are in centers with good food, clean water, a bed and video games on a big screen TV. They have it better than many American kids.
Should they be in jail with their parents?

srry but you are wrong in stating that is the case here.

perhaps you should think about the situation a bit more

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You're completely right about the photos. The photos that were making the rounds a few weeks back were in fact from the Obama administration.

However, that's far from the end of the story.

The first and most obvious point would be, if something bad happened under Obama should be not care if it continues to happen under Trump? If Obama kidnapped kids off the street and ate them alive, would anyone be arguing that it's okay for Trump to do the same? That doesn't really make much sense does it?

That's just a superficial take. But nuance is important and things *have* in fact changed.

Those photos were from detention centers during the uptick of unaccompanied minors, something I'm sure we all remember as the right-aligned segment of the media was all over it. In particularly, further right outlets were telling their audiences that this was an invasion and that many of the unaccompanied minors were actually adult men.

I think we can all remember that?

The Obama admin response re the photos is that what was happening was that the system was essentially overwhelmed by the influx of unaccompanied minors, an influx that everyone seems to agree was happening.

What has changed now is that the current administration started scheming ways to deter illegal immigration last year when Kelly was still running the DHS. One of the things they came up with, something that advisor Stephen Miller has apparently championed, was changing charging policy, with the intent of separating children from their parents as a deterrent. This was made official with a memo from AG Sessions in April under the guise of "zero-tolerance."

The result is a drastic uptick in children being separated from their parents. That's not only a Trump thing, it's exactly what they intended to do from the jump. This is from March of last year. Kelly was point blank asked if they were considering a policy to separate children from their parents as a deterrent.

Kelly: DHS is considering separating undocumented children from their parents at the border

He continued: "Yes I'm considering (that), in order to deter more movement along this terribly dangerous network. I am considering exactly that. They will be well cared for as we deal with their parents. ... It's more important to me, Wolf, to try to keep people off of this awful network."

What this has done is firstly, separate children from parents. That's actually the plan. Secondly, it's artificially creating a circumstance in some regards similar to that of the influx of unaccompanied minors. So not only are all these kids being torn from their parents, they're being held in poor conditions.

And the administration went into this with eyes wide open. Trump owns that #.

What makes it worse is that Trump is lying about it. Trump is blaming Democrats for his policy. Trump is also effectively using this kids as hostages to get what wants re "the wall" and immigration changes and he's demonstrated since before the policy and as recently as last week that he's not open to a bipartisan compromise.

So to recap: if you thought kids in cages were bad when Obama was doing it, you should be absolutely beside yourself that Trump and Co are purposefully exacerbating that circumstance, causing even greater suffering, to create political leverage and half of the administration, including Trump, are flat out lying about it.
edit on 2018-6-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Open sesame

Irony from March 2015

Mexican kids held for months as punishment for border-crossing

Just like I told notsure, whataboutism. Stop trying to bring up prior failings as a distraction from current failings.

The current and past laws are the same.

Now they are enforcing better.

You and others are ignoring the trafficking problems because it will expose people you never thought were involved.

And you are doing your best to help deflect and cover-up.

And you're not doing a good job either.

😎🎃

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

We are compassionate. More compassionate than most other countries. More compassionate than Mexico.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

srry but you are wrong in stating that is the case here.

Prove it.

or leave your bias at the door and admit the fact they are being treated like every other person who commits a crime.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The current and past laws are the same.

Now they are enforcing better.

See, you know that Trump is lying but you don't call him out on it because you applaud what's being done. That to me is even worse than the gullible saps who actually believe his bull#.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: Krazysh0t

An alternative is to take the names/ information from the "Asylum seekers" then take them and their kids and turn them back to Mexico to await processing of said information.

Lets see what facilities the Mexicans build to house the parents and children.

After All most are trying to escape countries south of Mexico - so Mexico to them should be head and heels better to stay in then the country they fled.

Once approved let the families in.

But we are not allowed to deport them. When they seek asylum they are supposed to be in mortal danger. Sending them back would cause their death (theoretically.)

I think an answer would be to inject them with a pet chip that has GPS so we can locate them. We would have to put it somewhere they couldn't easily remove it. Like into their brain.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

We are compassionate. More compassionate than most other countries. More compassionate than Mexico.

So we’re judging ourselves by what Mexico does now.

Why am I not surprised.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Perhaps the kids and mothers could be kept together in the detention centers instead of separating them.

Problem solved.

I wonder how much of our tax dollars are being used to pay for the private corps running the detention camps.?

Kids used as pawn in a profitable business operation. Private detention camps...who's next?

why would we detain a mom and child in the first place?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join