It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old People Candy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
As a kid we used to go to the deli and get a bag of mixed lollies.. I remember saying "Can I have 2 cents worth of mixed lollies?" and the bloke would pick from a random selection. The kid who had the most left, could barter for anything with the others lol

I want them to bring back the pollywaffle. A tube of marshmallow coated in a biscuit, smothered in chocolate. A heart attack waiting to happen for a 10 year old. But damn they were so good.

All the good things from my youth are gone. I say good things, I mean things that were tasty.. well when I say tasty, I mean sweet. Well, I mean deadly.. but still..

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i might just take a ride out there today.

if i do i will get some pictures so you can all see the awesomness

That would be awesome, thanks!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'll see your blackboard chalk and raise you Pastiglie Leone, about as old school as it gets in Italy.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Leche with pecans.
Tamarindo con chile.
There was an old Mexican woman who lived next door when I was a kid.
That was some good stuff.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

How about Nekko candy dots...you know those little colored suckers on strips of wax paper?
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The ONLY belt-feed tooth decay weapon.

And it took almost 50 examples of old people candy
to go full auto... now that's self-control kiddies.
Ironically enough Mr. Dibs is the man who invented
the candy dot machine, and I want DIBS!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

With the exception of the waxy bottles....I loved them and bought them with allowance when I could....the rest are the viles candies.
Those NECCO wafers head the nasty list....and got thrown away at Halloween....no one wanted them.

Remember the candy dots on strips of paper?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Old 'people' candy or old 'school' candy?
My mom's go to was horehound and it had to be this brand

I thought it was awful, a cross between a cough drop and black licorice. She would offer it to the kids and they would be like no thanks mom mom! Her second fave was those starlight peppermints followed by werthers originals. She kept a little bag full of hard candies on her walker.
My all time favorite was and still is atomic fireballs.
Locally, the only place that I've ever found similar is at cracker barrel. They sell a mason jar and can't remember how much they were but they're not the same as I remember from childhood.
Of course, my palate could be old and impaired!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I just remembered, we used to put those huge charleston chews in the freezer. I wonder if that was a regional thing to Pennsylvania or did all kiddos do that?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

FYI -Dollar Tree carries Neccos!

Also, Rural King carries the pink round lozenge candy that taste like the candy cigs.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Remember squirrels?
www.oldtimecandy.com...

Those were great when we were kids.
And I know I remember how they were....ahd one a few years back....they are NOT the same

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I still remembber the words after all these years..

I took a little bit of money....

and then I bought a Bit-o-Honey...

"cause every bit of bit-o-honey...

Goes a long,long way...

6 big pieces in every bar..

and each will make you sweeter than you already are....

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

#1 those root beer candies are awesome and still available!

Along with those cigarette candies you missed the absolute best, the cigar bubble gum candies!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Does anyone remember pixie sticks ? Like a straw filled with sour powder. We loved those as kids.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I love those candies. There is a place up north where me and the wife camp. Anyway, we go into town and hit this candy store once a year. It pretty much rocks for candy. There used to be this 90-year-old lady stirring the chocolate in a big kettle at the front window. We will be going again this year.
And as a kid, we would always light our candy cigarettes and try to smoke them. They didn't light very well though.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I do remember those....and loved them.
Another candy Mom didn't like LOL

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Funny thing is, old candy cigarettes really looked like cigarettes. This is how I remember them...

Who could forget the very un-pc Cherry Clan.

Same people that made all these...

Boston Baked Beans! Who ever got those? Ew. I certainly got Alexander the Grape and Lemonheads a lot.

Lastly, a long standing favorite (and one of those accidentally vegan candies known as an early & available vegan treat).

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Sounds like Fishermans friends here, they melt your face. But good for when you have morning breath. lol

Not a candy, but eaten like them by me.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

#1 those root beer candies are awesome and still available!

Along with those cigarette candies you missed the absolute best, the cigar bubble gum candies!

Haha the ciggy candies, were called Fags here.. then in more 'enlightened' years, changed to Fads... but now the very notion of a kid pretending to have a ciggy is taboo, and they've gone the way of the dodo.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

lol so different to what we had... lmao

which then became...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I can still taste those gritty boston baked beans! I remember that my dad liked them! All the kids I knew loved the lemonheads!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join