It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration goes on offense, sues California over sanctuary laws

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They need to arrest the Oakland mayor and everyone else who has spouted the continuance of Sanctuary cities and states.

Or we can sue? Forgetaboutit

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

It isn't a government overreach of the authority for immigration and naturalization falls to the federal government.

California is overreaching.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This should make those happy who want a second State, as well.

I could see this as quite a showdown.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

They need to arrest the Oakland mayor and everyone else who has spouted the continuance of Sanctuary cities and states.

Or we can sue? Forgetaboutit

The thing about a lawsuit, the taxpayer in California will be paying for it, not the person making the stupid decision to break the law. I am all for doing criminal charges against the people, any fines and jail time is paid by them, not the citizens who probably do not agree with what they are doing.

The insurance these people get to cover costs and lawsuits of their decisions does not cover the costs if they do something illegal. So technically the taxpayer will foot the bill if they lose the lawsuit. The problem is many delusional decisions made by the people governing a city don't actually hurt them personally, they just resign their position and the city foots the penalty. We really need to do something about that.
edit on 7-3-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

As much as I'd like to get behind this, I can't.

Yes, California is acting like a bunch of dicks.

Complete assholes.

But there is no law against that.

If there were, I'd be in jail.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I hope you all realize we here in California we don't give a damn what you think...another tired, pathetic thread for those who need their egos stroked, because mommy didn't do it for them today.....

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Two things would stop this. One is these whackjobs start going to prison. That would make the rest re-think their idiocy. The other thing that would stop this is any of those that lost loved ones going rogue on some high profile individuals.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I hope you all realize we here in California we don't give a damn what you think...another tired, pathetic thread for those who need their egos stroked, because mommy didn't do it for them today.....
oh, when it comes to enforcing the law, you be damn sure to care about what we think.

You people think you can crap on federal law, aimed at protecting this country from threats. Well, sucks for you because a reckoning is coming.

Pitiful.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Here is the problem. The US policy on immigration and naturalization is a total and complete mess. The laws are confusing, the department of INS is underfunded, and the immigration courts are overwhelmed and understaffed where they are not able to function smoothly. The boarder patrol is overwhelmed and unable to do anything due to the rules and laws.

This has been going on for years, this is not a new problem, it goes back to after World War II. And every administration since Truman, has mentioned, complained planned and nothing has come out of such, save ineffective laws and policies that are getting the country no where.

If a state tries to enforce the laws, it is considered overreaching on the part of the state. That was seen by the state of Arizona, when it tried that, and the courts said no. And any sort policy that would be enforced at the state level, then they run the risk of overstepping on the civil rights of a citizen of the country, or a group. As was seen also in Arizona with Sher Arpiao's policy, where it was far too much where ICE was telling him to stop, as they were not prepared or had the capacity to deal with such.

So if the federal government is not able to handle this, or unwilling or even lacks the will or resources to do such, and the states can not do such, that only leaves the option of working with said immigrants and get them out of the shadows.

And as sad as it is, illegal immigration, and the use of such, is a modern day slavery, and where the policies of the current administration is going to make it worse and force them back into the shadows and underground where we do not know or even worse, where they are a segment of the population who is being exploited and used badly. And the results of that has already been seen and mentioned by the current President, gangs.

This problem spans across the country and affects everyone in it. People complain from it, but benefit from such. Illegal immigrants pick our food, that is sold cheaply. They clean the places we stay in hotels. The construct the houses we live in, take care of the areas, like yards that people enjoy. Even been employed by the very people who are governing us, as cheap inexpensive labor, to take care of children.

And if the Federal government wins the case, then there can no longer be any complaint about it overreaching into states rights and people will just have to accept that it has the final say in all matters in the country. It will also force one group into the shadows, to be further exploited and into virtual slavery, but those who would do such.

If the state wins, then it needs to go back to the congress to do something to clean up this mess that has been here since the end of World War II.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Sucks even worse for me and the millions of other conservatives who live here and get saddled with this crap. I hope the Feds come in and haul away the lot of 'em. Now Gov. Moonbeam says that the Trump administration is waging war against the state.. Unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think this is a very reasonable move by the Trump Administration. I probably would have gone with rolling the tanks into downtown Sacramento.

Would you like to see tanks rolling down the street in your home town?

I wouldn't mind it tanks are cool.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

How come it took so long to do this?

Because we finally have a President and administration that is actually enforcing federal law.

I do agree, not just a book, but throw the entire library at them.

Feds will win this one.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

How much you want to bet when Cali goes bankrupt, that Federal aide will be tied to following Trumps DACA laws.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

I think this is a very reasonable move by the Trump Administration. I probably would have gone with rolling the tanks into downtown Sacramento.

Are you kidding? That would be frakkin' AWESOME!!!

I know, right!?

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

Are you kidding? That would be frakkin' AWESOME!!!

In the context it was written those tanks would be there for population control or some sort of martial law, you really think that would be awesome?

In Cali? Sure why not?

We all know Cali is west korea.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Hell with suing them.....let's blast them free at the fault line and set them adrift into the Pacific....sounds like a plan.

That line only shows how ignorant you are to what California consists of. You do know most of California is republican by area.

Smh

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Since California feels that they are so self-sufficient, and hate Washington with such a passion, why do they remain a part of the United States of America? If you can't stand your spouse, divorce him/her. Remaining in misery is not worth it.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Since California feels that they are so self-sufficient, and hate Washington with such a passion, why do they remain a part of the United States of America? If you can't stand your spouse, divorce him/her. Remaining in misery is not worth it.

That's the thing.

The leftists in California don't hate Washington.

They don't hate government.

Hell, they love a big spendy government.

They hate anyone who doesn't think like them.

They hate the principles of nationalism.
They hate the idea of personal responsibility and individualism.
They hate borders.
They hate tax cuts.
They hate free speech.
They hate the idea of common people being able to arm themselves.
edit on 7-3-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: sdcigarpig

It isn't a government overreach of the authority for immigration and naturalization falls to the federal government.

California is overreaching.

They ignore facts when it doesnt conform to their reality.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

California is a shat hole filled with a-holes and wanna be a-holes. Which side do you lie on? Better step east of that fault line....I hear a-holes are heavy and you are weighing them down. I stick by my post & will go one futher.....I'll purchase the first round of depth charges at the fault line. I'd blow my 401 k right the hell up to help set Cali adrift. Throw in Oregon & Washington and I'll purchase round two as well.

edit on 8-3-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join