It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you murder my brothers and sisters in the Middle East?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
www.foxnews.com...

Christian persecution: How many are being killed, where they are being killed

"A list generated by Open Doors USA, a nonprofit organization focused on serving persecuted Christians, shows the Middle East accounts for a majority of countries ranked in the top 10 for extreme persecution of Christians. In order, the countries are as follows:

1. North Korea

2. Somalia

3. Afghanistan

4. Pakistan

5. Sudan

6. Syria

7. Iraq

8. Iran

9. Yemen

10. Eritrea"

I used Fox as they are the most commercial network in the world probably.

en.wikipedia.org...

Christians now make up 10%-15% of the Middle Eastern population, down from 20% in the early 20th century. Cyprus is the only Christian Majority country in the Middle East, with the Christian percentage ranging between 76% and 78% of mainly Eastern Orthodox Christianity (i.e. most of the Greek population).

thehill.com...

Middle East Christians suffer genocide, the world just finger-wags

Where will the systematic and unchallenged persecution of Christian communities in the Middle East by the Islamic State stop? Will it be at the dismantlement of every church, and the slaughter of every churchgoer? Or will it be at the exodus of all members of those communities, forced to flee certain death and torment?

www.cnsnews.com...

2003, Christians in Iraq 1, 400,000 -- 2016, Christians in Iraq 275,000

Meanwhile, Israel rejects even Jews who are Christian. Basically the whole Middle East is killing Christianity, genociding Christ's people by degrees, by degrees.

Let us be clear: Judaism did not start in Jerusalem(it began in Ur). Islam did not start in Jerusalem. CHRISTIANITY DID START IN JERUSALEM. The home of Christianity is JERUSALEM.

What more can I say? You know Christians are taught not to fight with their hands. We are taught to turn the other cheek in response to oppression an use our tongues in our defense. I will never hold a gun. If my enemy comes for me I will have to do as Christ did. That is the way it works if you are TRUE to Christ and actually follow His instructions.

I don't know where all this is going. I am just screaming out about it. Christ told me these people are my brothers and sisters. I HAVE PRAYED with them at Jerusalem. Yes, they are.

You are making me mentally ill, world. I can't exist knowing what I know. You are piercing me with every bullet aimed at them. I am not an enemy. I would be a Good Samaritan to anybody be they Muslim, Jew or anybody else.

Why do you persecute me? I am not the pretend one. I am the real thing. These people are my family and you are killing them, whether you be IS or Israel. You both have that much in common. One denies them one way and the other another.

Yes, Kurt Vonnegut, "SO IT GOES"

I will keep trying to make friends with you. The Angels say they have been trying to do that for the last two thousand years. Sure has been a lot of misunderstanding and a whole lot of totally avoidable carnage.

You will never win against G-D Almighty. HE says what goes. If Christ is HIS Chosen then there is nothing people can ever do to challenge that. HE has the technology. He has the UFOs.

Ho ho ho, honk, honk!

It is a paradox...a question within a riddle...kill or be killed for the glory of your choice of God.

I love every-damn body. I work all day with Muslim, Jews, Christians. I DONT care who you are or what you believe. I'm good. (As an EMT responder...thats how I stay sane to be effective at my job).

But the bible itself is filled with stories where "GOD" told someone to go to someplace or city and "kill every single living thing"...man, woman, child, animal."Leave nothing living..alive".

Now...as a Christian, and once a student in a Catholic grade school...I never understood (though I do now...but not by much more) the contradiction in "thou shall not kill", and "kill every little thing".

Hell...I pick up bugs and spiders while my wife screams and take them outside to set them free rather than kill them.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Except Christianity spent 1500 years as the government.. which coincidentally includes a STEEP decline in civilization and technology..

Once everything was to gods fault and credit, why would you need to innovate??? If god wants an aqueduct, then he will build us one.. the future was gods to decide, not mans..

Pagans believed the gods were fallible, so humanities future was humanities to write..

And they burned everyone who disagreed , so modern descendants come straight from them. There is nothing surviving strain of Christianity that is not built on Roman Catholic dogma..

Luther just tweeted it a little.. removing indulgences and the need for a priest..

Which was not all good..

Previous to Luther the churches interpretation was the only interpretation..

After Luther decided to change that, now any idiot can claim god told him to do anything or interpret the Bible ANYWAY they want.. . which has lead to every Christian cult in history and just loads of bloodshed..

Luther was adamantly against the church splitting.. if he could see the future. He never posts that letter.

edit on 8-2-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Except Christianity spent 1500 years as the government.. which coincidentally includes a STEEP decline in civilization and technology..

No, the Catholic Church spent 1500 years as a government allied to numerous kingdoms. There is a difference. 1/ It is not representative of Christianity - The Catholic Church slaughtered and forcefully converted Christians which it considered heretics, including Jewish Christian communities who some believe were descendants from early believers who fled Jerusalem after its destruction. 2/ While it held significant influence over kingdoms, it did not always maintain direct control.

As for the 'steep decline in civilization and technology', it is often paired with the dark ages allegation, which is often used as a misnomer. Note:

The term was originally intended to denote an intermediate period between Classical Antiquity and the Modern era. In the 19th century scholars began to recognize the accomplishments of the period, which challenged the image of a time exclusively of darkness and decay. Nowadays the term is not used by scholars to refer to the entire medieval period; when used, it is generally restricted to the Early Middle Ages.

The rise of archaeology in the 20th century has shed light on the period, offering a more nuanced understanding of its achievements. Other terms of periodization have come to the fore: Late Antiquity, the Early Middle Ages, and the Great Migrations, depending on which aspects of culture are being emphasized. Today, on the rare occasions when the term is used by historians, it is intended to be neutral and express the idea that the period often seems 'dark' from the scarcity of historical record, and artistic and cultural output.

en.wikipedia.org...(historiography)

The fall of the Roman Empire undoubtedly had consequences, but education and technology still progressed in the 'dark ages'.

www.jstor.org...

www.washingtonpost.com... a

www.history.com...

Once everything was to gods fault and credit, why would you need to innovate??? If god wants an aqueduct, then he will build us one.. the future was gods to decide, not mans..

Pagans believed the gods were fallible, so humanities future was humanities to write..

Except there was still innovation, technology and societal institutions during the period in which the Catholic Church held influence... It's not like Europe completely went ass-backwards. A reliance on God can be detrimental, i agree, but applying it to this situation is perhaps not apt.

And they burned everyone who disagreed , so modern descendants come straight from them. There is nothing surviving strain of Christianity that is not built on Roman Catholic dogma..

Luther just tweeted it a little.. removing indulgences and the need for a priest..

Which was not all good..

Previous to Luther the churches interpretation was the only interpretation..

After Luther decided to change that, now any idiot can claim god told him to do anything or interpret the Bible ANYWAY they want.. . which has lead to every Christian cult in history and just loads of bloodshed..

Luther was adamantly against the church splitting.. if he could see the future. He never posts that letter.

The Catholic Church forever altered Christianity, but it is not representative of it. There were pockets of different sects which were slaughtered for their 'heretical' beliefs, and there were others which maintained distinct views from the Catholic Church (while agreeing to others), such as the Oriental Orthodox Church, Coptic Orthodox Church and the (Assyrian) Church of the East. There were always some sects with differences - the ones determined by the Catholic Church to have extreme faults were destroyed.

To consider institutions like the Catholic Church as representative of a larger belief like Christianity leads to confusion and misunderstanding. The Catholic Church was never representative of Christendom as a whole. It was representative of itself, a powerful state entity which wielded significant influence in particular areas.
edit on 8-2-2018 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Let me educate you on turn the other cheek. this is a huge problem. you see that is only to be used under OT law. also it does not mean to let someone beat you to death either or not defend yourself from death. that was for non life threatening situations alone. NT christians are not under that rule. it was for hebrews and jews under roman rule.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

there isnt a contradition. its actually meant to say MURDER. we have to kill stuff to live. its not a sin to survive. The words meaning used to refeer to murder .

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Tired of the Christian persecution complex. Get over yourselves and stop being exclusive. It's lame how the Jews do it with the holocaust and lame when Christians do it with the middle east.

It's not just Christians facing this persecution in the Middle East, it's Christians, Atheists, gays, Jews, the "wrong" brand of Islam, etc. Cries of persecution fall on deaf ears when one places the persecution of themselves above others likewise persecuted beside them.

I am upset about all the persecution in the Middle East, not just a single group. You do a lot more for your cause pointing out all the groups along side the one you're espousing for and not just your own. You don't need to list them by name, but at least mention your group is not alone in these persecutions. These crimes are many and the Christian persecution is one one part of a greater whole made more atrocious by seeing it all together than focusing only on one part of a greater crime.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Christianity really started In Rome, jesus lived in Judea and he wasn’t a Christian.. every inch of Christian dogma, culture , exc. was a Roman creation from after the Romans killed oodles and oodles of rebellious Jews and Christianity stopped being a “jewish variant” and quickly became a “Roman variant..”

It only took 50 years from jesus’s Death for Christianity to go from 100% jews to 99% roman and the jews were evil and must be destroyed..

All the Christian dogma was worked out in rome, not Judea..

Thanks for the shallow history lesson full of no real facts of evidence except that Christians were in the Roman empire. You do know sol invictus follower was the major religion next to Christians around 300ad so why didn't they adopt that instead? Roman religion backed by a massively popular emperor?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Let me educate you on turn the other cheek. this is a huge problem. you see that is only to be used under OT law. also it does not mean to let someone beat you to death either or not defend yourself from death. that was for non life threatening situations alone. NT christians are not under that rule. it was for hebrews and jews under roman rule.

Question - What happens if I turn the other cheek , and that cheek is smitten ?
Answer - God left that up to me....

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If we can evolve past the need for religion, this might be a thing of the past.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
Christians slaughtered more than Hitler and Stalin combined. What comes around goes around.

Are you sure that is correct, or is a burst of ill thought ignorance?

People who were Christians warred with each other and with others, as did other religions. While conflict may have been religious (Catholic verses Protestant, for example), most warfare was political. Islam was spread through conquest, and was entirely religiously driven, including the attempted invasion of Christian lands, hence the Crusades BTW. The religions in Central and South America did their fair share of religiously motivated killing on a scale that dwarfed Christians.

The genocide of Christians and other minorities in mainly Muslim countries is religiously motivated, as is the conflict between the different denominations of Islam, notably Sunni and Shia. The level of intolerance and the fight against "difference" is entirely religiously driven.

Deny ignorance, please.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Well, they could still be called Semitic I guess. Ironically, that makes Israel itself very anti-Semitic, and I have been saying so for years.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Okay, my bad. I reread your post. I see the 33 now. Apologies.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

What more can I say? You know Christians are taught not to fight with their hands. We are taught to turn the other cheek in response to oppression an use our tongues in our defense. I will never hold a gun. If my enemy comes for me I will have to do as Christ did. That is the way it works if you are TRUE to Christ and actually follow His instructions.

You didn't read the bible properly.

Here's what is says,

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. -- KJV, Matthew 5:39

You see that word "RIGHT" cheek?

Now, what's your "other" cheek? That would be your "LEFT" cheek, agreed?

Now, consider, what means "RIGHT" and "LEFT" ?

Now look at this image;

See what the Eagle is holding in it's "RIGHT" claws?
See what the Eagle is holding in it's "LEFT" claws?

Our "right side" is our good and angelic side, and our "left side" is our evil and demonic side.

So, what the text is saying, is when you are being kind and charitable, and they "smite you", you then turn and show them your other side. If they didn't respect your right face, let them see your left face.

Get it?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Star for the info!

3 million people is nothing?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
As I have said before, Christians love being persecuted. It really helps them with that old, wrong argument: "If we weren't right, why would they hate us so much?" Us versus them, right guys?

The prime symbol of Christianity is a guy getting tortured to death. That tells you all you need to know.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

ISIS weren't Shia. They killed and enslaved thousands of Christians. Explain that to me please?

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
ISIS weren't Shia. They killed and enslaved thousands of Christians. Explain that to me please?

There is only one God, and Allah is his name. Not two gods and a bird.

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Oh dear...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Don't confuse Christianity with Catholicism...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

There's no such saying.

What the Muslims say is, "There's no God, but Allah !"

First, they deny God exists, then they assert that Allah alone exists.

That why some Islamic countries have banned Christians from using the word "Allah" as a translation of "God" in the holy scriptures. They say it causes confusion.

Allah is not God.

Allah has daughters, but no son

God has a son, but no daughters.

Two different creatures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join