It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI ‘Failed To Preserve’ Five Months Of Text Messages Between Anti-Trump FBI Agents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So the NSA informs the court they "accidentally" deleted a bunch of servers that were under court ordered preservation as evidence.

The FBI just announced 5 months of text messages between Page and Strzok were deleted.

so... yeah.

Sara A. Carter
‏Verified account @SaraCarterDC
3h3 hours ago

Incredible that 5 months of FBI text messages between Page and Struck no longer exist .... those were important months ...

FBI ‘Failed To Preserve’ Five Months Of Text Messages Between Anti-Trump FBI Agents

The FBI “failed to preserve” five months worth of text messages exchanged between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, the two FBI employees who made pro-Clinton and anti-Trump comments while working on the Clinton email and the Russia collusion investigations.

The disclosure was made Friday in a letter sent by the Justice Department to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee (HSGAC).

“The Department wants to bring to your attention that the FBI’s technical system for retaining text messages sent and received on FBI mobile devices failed to preserve text messages for Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page,” Stephen Boyd, the assistant attorney general for legislative affairs at the Justice Department, wrote to Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, the chairman of HSGAC. (RELATED: FBI Agents Discussed ‘Insurance Policy’ Against Trump Win)

He said that texts are missing for the period between Dec. 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017.

The significance of the dates in question?

Johnson expressed concern over the missing text messages, which were sent during a key period of the Russia investigation. During that time frame is when the Steele dossier was published by BuzzFeed News, when Strzok participated in a Jan. 24 interview with then-national security adviser Michael Flynn, and when James Comey was fired as FBI director.

The end date of the missing Strzok-Page texts is also significant. That’s because May 17 is the day when Mueller was appointed to take over the FBI’s probe of possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government.

“The loss of records from this period is concerning,” Johnson wrote in a letter sent Saturday to FBI Director Christopher Wray.

click link for article

I wonder how many times the lie about what happened to the text messages and how they were deleted will change?

Destruction of evidence... Failing to comply with subpoenas and preservation orders.

The filth in DC is destroying this country and it must stop.

ETA - Other sources
* - The Blaze - Breaking: FBI admits it ‘failed to preserve’ five months of text messages from anti-Trump FBI agent

384 pages of text messages were turned over with some incriminating evidence contained - From Blaze Article above.

What new text messages were revealed Friday?

According to the Associated Press, the DOJ provided Johnson’s committee with 384 pages of new text messages. One of the new messages mentions a language change in the statement then-FBI Director James Comey would read to America exonerating Hillary Clinton of any wrongdoing in the email probe.

More from the AP:

In another exchange, the two express displeasure about the timing of Lynch’s announcement that she would defer to the FBI’s judgment on the Clinton investigation. That announcement came days after it was revealed that the attorney general and former President Bill Clinton had an impromptu meeting aboard her plane in Phoenix, though both sides said the email investigation was never discussed.

Strzok said in a July 1 text message that the timing of Lynch’s announcement “looks like hell.” And Page appears to mockingly refer to Lynch’s decision to accept the FBI’s conclusion in the case as a “real profile in courag(e) since she knows no charges will be brought.”

* - TheH ill - FBI unable to preserve some text messages from agent removed from Mueller probe
* - NSA deleted surveillance data it pledged to preserve - The agency tells a federal judge that it is investigating and 'sincerely regrets its failure.'

edit on 21-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This would have to qualify as the most epic and convenient "accident" in the history of like forever. Right?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Nixon could only manage less than twenty minutes.
That just shows the rapid advance of technology since his day.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
This would have to qualify as the most epic and convenient "accident" in the history of like forever. Right?

Yeah I cant see a prosecutor or judge buy into the "whoops my bad" defense.

It is intentional destruction of evidence and further supports the conclusion the Russia dossier is bull# and that elements in our government conspired to sabotage a Presidential election in an effort to change the outcome and then furthered that crime by undermining a sitting President with the intentions of removing him from office.

The actions of Democrats / people involved is nothing but a failed coup attempt and should be held accountable.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yeah I cant see a prosecutor or judge buy into the "whoops my bad" defense.

Maybe they can try the "Russian hackers did it" defense.

Seems to have worked relatively well in other high profile cases.

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Can't make this S#iT up.
I'm sure they accidentally deletes evidence all the time.
They ARE professionals.
edit on 21-1-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I can't imagine any scenario where everything they have isn't backed up with the backup residing in a completely different location.

Sounds very fishy to me.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Would they still be in the AWS cloud that our Intelligence agencies paid $600,000,000 for? Jeff Bezos should have them somewhere...right!?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I can't imagine any scenario where everything they have isn't backed up with the backup residing in a completely different location.

Sounds very fishy to me.

Ya know trying to build and prosecute a criminal case based on circumstantial evidence is difficult however with whats going on here the circumstantial evidence, has weirdly and when taken all together, creates a solid case.

The more they try to hide the worse it is going to get for them and the fact Democrats are sticking to this game plan makes no sense. I cant believe all Democrats are involved in this yet they are putting their party, election chances, and this country at risk because Clinton lost and they dont like Trump.

I am curious whats in the soon to be released FISA memo and if it has any relation to these text messages.

Ron DeSantis
‏Verified account @RepDeSantis
3h3 hours ago

Ron DeSantis Retweeted Chuck Ross

FBI Director Wray needs to provide an explanation for why the FBI deleted six months’ worth of Strozk-Page text messages sent during the Trump transition and early months of the Trump presidency. Was evidence about the anti-Trump “insurance policy” deleted?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They just copy german secret service behaviour:

One day before the connection between the NSU and the last bank robbery was publicly announced, a consultation in the chancellery took place. Since then, the investigation has been systematically obstructed by the destruction of files, lies, and the refusal to surrender evidence.

Link

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Don't worry no such agency has everything backed up

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'll bet the NSA facility in HAWAII has/had them on back up.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I would be curious as to whether or not Wray was aware of this happening. I bet he wasn't. He's kind of new to the job, and there are probably dozens of career FBI Comey loyalists involved.

We know the "what" (Strozk-Page messages), now we need to know the "who" and the "when" and most importantly the "why".

WTF is being protected! If the corruption and criminality is this widespread and devastating, the ramifications will be huge. People are going to have to awaken slowly and methodically to understand the scope of the storm that will result.
edit on 21-1-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Careful, we don't need anymore ballistic missile threats in Hawaii.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Careful, we don't need anymore ballistic missile threats in Hawaii.

Too late.
BDT Intercept complete.

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well hey, the fbi has no problem with Hillary deleting subpoenaed evidence.

So they figure they might as well get in on the evidence deleting game.

But just ask the msm, no big deal.

Now if trump or his team delete any evidmce, this would prove their guilt and be enough to try them for treason.

But Hillary or her fbi friends that wanted an insurance policy against trump, they are totally innocent great people that just bumbled into deleting evidence

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The NSA should still them though right?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

At this point I have no idea. Hell at this point im more inclined to trust a foreign government to investigate this mess over our own.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: watchitburn

At this point I have no idea. Hell at this point im more inclined to trust a foreign government to investigate this mess over our own.

Well again, the msm told me that you are hurting America by questioning the fbi.

And besides, I am sure that all of these texts were just about yoga.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I am getting real sick of this sh*t. Evidence being destroyed and altered left and right. If any of us had the audacity to do this, we would be thrown in jail for our trouble. "Gee judge, sorry I know I was supposed to turn over my hard drive, but you see I tossed it into a lake by accident after bleachbiting it and setting it on fire.....honest mistake".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join