It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indialantic FL UFO MUFON Case 87314

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Since the Sun angle is low, it looks to me like a mirage effect from something below the horizon, oil rigs or other boats.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

There are no oil rigs on the east coast of Florida.

This was not a mirage.

I've seen similar stuff but nothing that extravagant in that area. I've always written it off as military activity.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Had me think of this thread: Unknown orange/red glow over Pacific Ocean I started 3+ years ago..wonder if the scource of these lights is one and the same.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousWitness
Had me think of this thread: Unknown orange/red glow over Pacific Ocean I started 3+ years ago..wonder if the scource of these lights is one and the same.

Whoa! thanks Anon, i have never heard of this before. that-is-intense!

and you know, the pilot in the Nimitz UFO case does state that this craft was white in color and came up from the water (FF to :55):

these two instances could very well be related in my mind. as you may know, UFOs have been reported to be able to traverse through air and water seamlessly. if you need a good example, read Bill Cooper's intro chapter to Behold A Pale Horse where he discusses his background - it's what made him a believer.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This looks legit to me I see no indications of this not being actual footage. I am leaning towards flares for a training exercise. We need someone to find out if a training exercise occurred on that day they keep logs of all that stuff right?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: animatorsteve
This looks legit to me I see no indications of this not being actual footage. I am leaning towards flares for a training exercise. We need someone to find out if a training exercise occurred on that day they keep logs of all that stuff right?

16:9 video camera's were barely in production in those days, see www.stringercam.com.... However, it strikes me as totally unbelievable that fisherman would have one of these early models - they were rare and very expensive. Also: from what I read from the quoted article, these cam's used letterboxing technologies (e.g. still had 525 vertical lines). It is, of course, possible that the 'video' was enhanced and converted into 16:9 proper format, but unless the original source is made available or at least the history of how this video came to be on line is told (and verifiable), odds are - this is a hoax.

Another clue is the sound, and the rather stupid fact they are running from it. Hey, if I'm on a boat and suddendy a bunch of lights pop up in the sky, I will probably not run from them, but check them out - somebody could be in need of help, after all.

All in all, highly suspect.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: facedye

could they be flares that are dropped as countermeasure by an aircraft? that's the first thing i thought when i saw the footage. Good find though OP, I haven't seen this video before.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
some balloons can have a reflective surface, the sun could make them appear to light up so that is a good theory of what this could be.

whats sad is three are so many fakes out there one day were gonna get some good photos or video of the real thing and none of us will think that its real

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I live just down the coast from Indialantic - just a quick note here for all the "oil rig" folks - they aren't any oil rigs off the east coast of Florida in this area, so the lights are definitely NOT oil rigs a reply to: facedye

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Flares dropped by military training.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: facedye

Just like every other UFO incident that is just lights, it goes nowhere because there's simply not enough in it to be conclusive.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The footage seems legit. You've got natural 8mm/direct to VHS artefacts and tells. There is no indication the raw footage itself is 16:9, bit of a soft argument IMO cos there are plenty of ways the conversion to 16:9 can happen in post. In its current form it doesn't stablilize well, and would need to be done manually (more than I'm willing to do at this point sorry).

Another thing to remember is the battery life... Especially if these guys caught this clip at 8.30pm, on their return journey. They had probably used up their battery filming the actual fishing part of their fishing trip, so it's no wonder there's only some little snippets. The pixel light burn on the objects caused by the cameras sensor (it appears as a sort of black dot, you can see it in the image below of the sun on the left hand side of it) is also a very strong indicator that it isn't faked, because that would be an absolute nightmare to replicate, even for Industrial Light & Magic.

Why it's been kept on ice for so many years though does raise some questions. And one video shows an additional piece of footage, giving the impression there is a raw copy that people are taking pickings from.

(a deleted scene, at least, proof that there is a longer or raw video out there somewhere that "people" (UFO channels, # knows if they're people or cyborgs) are utilizing)

(I'd imagine if its sunset fishermen would want to beat darkness, hence why they're "high-tailing" it out of there?)

The guy in the video counts 13 lights, which is what's seen there. The audio and exchange do back up what's happening in the video pretty damn well. There doesn't seem to be any other data about this particular event but there is some historical data from the not so far-out Florida area about 8 days after the video:

8 Sep 1994 - Gulf Breeze, Florida, USA

12 red balls of light in groups of three and 4

Unidentified objects were sighted, but with appearance and behavior that most likely would have a conventional explanation. Physiological effects were noted. 12 red balls were observed for several hours. No sound was heard.

Hynek rating: NL "nocturnal lights"
Vallee rating: FB1 "simple object moving across sky"

thecid.com...

You can see how it strikes a resemblance, the video shows 12-13 lights in groups of 3-4. And this written account got "official" investigations, though it was dismissed at the time as nocturnal lights, (but by no means not in an effort to keep this event 8 days earlier under wraps). There's also suggestion of witnesses on the beaches nearby or whatnot, so potentially many more witnesses to this than just what we get in the video.

Whatever it "is" or whatever "they are" it's a cool video regardless. Quite why it's been withheld is a little suspect, but with all the recent Delonge shiz spooging out, I think there is a valid reason it might have only recently been released (I'm not seeing anything earlier than 5th Dec 2017 myself).

That said, there are a hundred or more reasons why any one of us would with-hold video footage of a UFO sighting many of which (reasons for doing so) are personal and individual and not relatable to every other human bean - don't forget that. Your reputation is your reputation and you presumably want to handle it and not have people like me and internet forums dictate it...
Not everyone has a vested interest.

There are lots of witnesses who just don't bother, and many of them, perhaps like this, have really good "stuff"...they just don't follow it up. I think we become a little over obsessed that everyone wants answers immediately, but UFO sightings aren't terrorist attacks, are they. Rhyme and reason won't lead to a conviction, won't prevent deaths nor heal the world, so for some people, seeing (and recording) a UFO is just not a big deal. And it's more likely to lead to ridicule than anything else, except for right now Dec 2017, where UFOlogy actually has slight legitimacy for the first time in almost a decade...

The recent Delonge prompted military official announcement stuff, well that's going to have some positive knock on effects. It's going to spur some people on, which is good. Right now I'm going to count this as one of them, someone else tempted to come forward because now, the current time-frame or zone or period, seems like a good or right time to do it. Just step back 2 months and you can see how then wouldn't have been the right time. We should embrace that now might be the time some of the best previously withheld (by normal people too I must add, not just military sources) stuff surfaces, before it all drops off again and is nothing much more than a LOLz "I've got a book to sell" subject.
edit on 29-12-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My first thought was flares or mirage from lights over the horizon.
if only we had more than 5 seconds of shaky cam extended to almost 2 minutes thanks to slow motion.

If I saw what I genuinely thought were UFO's (as in Ayy LMAO's mobiles) I'd be doing a u-turn and going in for a closer look, not continue to drive in the opposite direction.

I'd probably put my camera against a solid surface to stabilize it also or something.

But yeah, see some of those lights sink into the sea near the end. So my monies are on flares.
Now if they'd be doing loop to loops and skywriting, I might be less skeptical.

I don't want to be a skeptic. I REALLY do want to see some really amazing proof that I am not just stuck on a ball of dirt with a bunch of mostly stupid humans and there is actually some intelligence in this Universe, but my cold logical brain won't let me do anything but science.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
My first thought was flares or mirage from lights over the horizon.
if only we had more than 5 seconds of shaky cam extended to almost 2 minutes thanks to slow motion.

If I saw what I genuinely thought were UFO's (as in Ayy LMAO's mobiles) I'd be doing a u-turn and going in for a closer look, not continue to drive in the opposite direction.

I'd probably put my camera against a solid surface to stabilize it also or something.

But yeah, see some of those lights sink into the sea near the end. So my monies are on flares.
Now if they'd be doing loop to loops and skywriting, I might be less skeptical.

I don't want to be a skeptic. I REALLY do want to see some really amazing proof that I am not just stuck on a ball of dirt with a bunch of mostly stupid humans and there is actually some intelligence in this Universe, but my cold logical brain won't let me do anything but science.

Hi Kangaroo

I'd like to think that if I saw what I thought were ufos (despite a lifetime of looking, I've never seen anything even all that confusing), I'd turn around, too and try to get a great shot.

OTOH, would I really?

I gotta admit, I might be scared off my axis, having read abduction reports and think there's some truth to something about them. Plus, darn it, I mean if you THINK you're being followed by a practical armada like that, maybe running away ain't all that bad an idea? I just know me (not you), and though it sounds great here; "I'd go get the best possible picture" - honestly, I could see running with my tail between my legs even more easily.

Cheers, Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Exactly. A lot of people assume in a terrorist attack they'll be the hero and confront the attacker, yet when the bullets fly they flee like everybody else does. And that's not dishonourable. But in the same vain saying "I would turn round and follow them" ... well sod off, you don't know what you'd do til you're in the moment. Anyone who says otherwise is probably bull#ting ie the terrorist attack scenario.

A CE1 encounter may seem tame for people like us, but for someone else it's a scary shocking experience. Also, from what I gather, you don't piss about at sea, or you'll end up dead. Would you follow a UFO if, you've used up your daily allowance of fuel and only have enough to make it back to shore? If you're only trained to sail in the daytime and night is rapidly closing in? You're with a group and not everyone wants to follow a light in the sky? Sooo many variables....! My advice would be: Don't put other people's lives at risk for your UFO hobby. And that's exactly the vibe I get from this video. They were already leaving the area, they already had enough reasons not to go chasing lights in the sky before they even turned up.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's pay walled but here is the Florida Today issue with apparently the Air Force reply:
floridatoday.newspapers.com...

And I have always wondered, what IS this "flare" procedure the military do and what is its practical application? I can understand doing it at night perhaps, to light up a submarine. But in sunlight? Go several miles out to sea just to drop some flares and bugger off? For a routine that seems never to be used outside of when there's a UFO sighting?

Are flare drops rife at airshows? No (edit, ok they are more commonplace in the USA, not here in the UK tho, not that we really do the "it was flares" thing here in the UK with UFOs though). Do you see flare drops in Iraq/Afghan war footage? No. Do helicopters drop flares in civil situations ie emergencies or police incidents? No. Do your local air bases generally do flare dropping routines? No. is there footage from WW2 of flares? Not that I know of. So what on gods green earth is the practical application for which they are doing the "test" ?? Other than to be a convenient distraction to UFO claims. The closest practical application I can think of is napalm and that Vietnam war photo... Please fill me in though, give me reason to believe their is some purpose in a flare dropping "exercise"...

Flares surely have to signify a static event. Something to illuminate. Military jets + flares seems like a very awkward sum. They have night vision and targetting systems and they don't seem to spend much time in one place so the practical application there just seems...dumb. Alternatively, why would you fly some helicopters out to the ocean (if we take the flare route with the video in this thread) and not stick around, what is the point of "just dropping flares"? Honestly, I don't think it's a real exercise anymore. Sure A helicopter might do a test of dropping A flare but anything outside of that just seems stupid. Apply the same thing to Phoenix Lights. Let's drop some flares in a pretty line way above anything for them to illuminate because this is something we often do and apply in air force tactics...NOT.

And pilots and personnel and all those stories they have about flare dropping exercises...oh wait... Not to mention the footage of actual flare drops...

What's that, the light source is visible only briefly, yet plumes of smoke are visible for ages? And they drop very quickly? Presumably a one off, cos from this UFO video we know that flares stay brightly lit for 1 minute and don't drop in altitude.

Oh nope, that looks like more momentary brightness and more plumes of smoke filling the sky after a flare drop. And there was me thinking flares stay lit about 50 feet off the water for whole minutes at a time..!

Maybe night exercizes are different?

Oh no, it seems they're not different at all. Same momentary source of light that dissipates within a few seconds
So we have special types of flares for Phoenix Lights and Indialantic? Hyper flares or something that can hold altitude and don't burn out? Can someone elaborate on this type of flare please?

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

If you could afford to own a boat, it’s storage, and gas for deep sea fishing trips miles off the coast you could afford a video camera back then, folks.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Another clue is the sound, and the rather stupid fact they are running from it. Hey, if I'm on a boat and suddendy a bunch of lights pop up in the sky, I will probably not run from them, but check them out - somebody could be in need of help, after all.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the fishermen reaction. After reading up on numerous cases, especially the ones in South America, the folks down there are real jumpy and run as soon as they see anything unusual in the skies. This doesn't mean the video is real BUT we need to be more responsible in how we judge other folks' reactions to unusual things

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

absolutely not "after effects lights", those are really easy to spot. footage like this would take lot more effort, using cinema4d, blender, 3dmax with motion trackers and multipass renders. even then it would be extremely difficult and would look gimmick at some point, basically you had to be professional and spend lot of time.

CGI? ..probably not
edit on 29-12-2017 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2017 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dannylightning
some balloons can have a reflective surface, the sun could make them appear to light up so that is a good theory of what this could be.

whats sad is three are so many fakes out there one day were gonna get some good photos or video of the real thing and none of us will think that its real

this is a bit self defeating, don't you think?

and what kind of balloons have you seen that have been in a fixed position? would you happen to have any examples?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join