It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indialantic FL UFO MUFON Case 87314

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

Here's something that doesn't seem like it's ever been discussed on these forum boards:

I came across some of this footage elsewhere and was surprised to have to dig through MUFON and youtube a little bit to locate either the original uploader, or at least an official case file (the original footage i saw didn't have the case file you see in the video above).

If anybody's curious, here's the search result for Case 87314 on MUFON:

I find this submission to be pretty interesting for a few reasons:

- This incident took place in '94, and has only recently been submitted to MUFON in October of this year. How has this been able to survive since '94 without ever seeing the light of day until October 2017?

- The person submitting this info to MUFON truly doesn't seem to be the one who shot the footage, and I would bet that this video just sort of fell into their lap as well. That bit about these lights being the "same configuration we've been seeing for the past hundred thousand years" is pretty revealing, as it clearly shows the poster's motivations and convictions. The poster wants you to believe he/she shot the footage, but why not come out with this footage earlier than 2017 if your dedication for disclosure seems so strong?

- My first thought was "might be oil rigs in the distance," but they really don't resemble oil rigs much at all:

- They also don't resemble "helicopter flares by the Air Force," as the MUFON case report is also heavily skeptical of.

I don't have any resources to dig into Florida Today articles from the mid 90's, which is a shame since I feel like it could provide some more clarity to this event. If it really is true that the Air Force reported these exercises were done by "a squadron that no longer exists," there'd be way more reason to keep digging on this one. If anyone knows of a way to do that, I'm all ears!

As this video was only released on youtube this month, I can't help but feel like this is all way too good of an opportunity to ride this wave of "disclosure" we've been experiencing. What do you think?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: facedye

Interesting! Thanks for posting this. You're right: the "going back hundreds of thousands of years" seems strange, as if the person has a grudge or a bigger motive. I'll look forward to seeing what the good members of ATS dig up on this one!

ETA: thanks for adding the pictures of the oil rigs! That was super helpful. I agree, the things in this video don't seem to be oil rigs.

edit on 27-12-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Balloons hanging off the the fishing pole lines. Such a fake.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

2 things:

- for "hanging balloons," they seem pretty stationary. do you have any examples you can point to?

- the gentlemen recording the footage strike me as fishermen themselves - i think they'd be able to tell the difference.

EDIT: they are fishermen, as per the MUFON submission. if true, they'd certainly know the difference.
edit on 27-12-2017 by facedye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Really?
How do you get that from that video?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Swamp Gas

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Balloons with millions of candle power lights on them? Where Can I buy those? Answer: You can't. The lights could be something mundane, but balloons with lights that bright on them is about as ridiculous as you being from Zeta Reticulous.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Look at the date the report and video was submitted....
10/13/17
CGI anyone ?
Absolutely .

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thing is, if it was anything out of the ordinary, Patricks Air Force Base is right down the street and they would have scrambled jets in no time flat....so, given no jets flying to investigate, I am suspicious of anything other than the official story.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Thing is, if it was anything out of the ordinary, Patricks Air Force Base is right down the street and they would have scrambled jets in no time flat....so, given no jets flying to investigate, I am suspicious of anything other than the official story.

respectfully, it doesn't seem like you read through all of the information in my OP. this was addressed. you can of course deny the validity of the information to your heart's content, but the question of "where was the air force in all this?" was addressed.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Look at the date the report and video was submitted....
10/13/17
CGI anyone ?
Absolutely .

i too share your skepticism due to the timeline, but i think it's too much of a logical jump to conclude that it's CGI only by way of us seeing this footage now. that's a bit unreasonable. what else are you basing that on?

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Possibly a mirage? Maybe a form of fata morgana that is reflecting lights from a large ship or oil platforms? It’s a stretch, I know.
edit on 27-12-2017 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Definitely interesting. Can anyone stabilize the video? Surprised that hasnt been done yet.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

He should have stopped the boat and tried to listen to see if they here copter blade hum. I am not so sure they are helicopters.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Now this is some very interesting stuff. I haven't seen this kinda stuff in a long time.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Fascinating footage. Looks like the captain of the boat is attempting to get away from those UFO's as fast as he can!

Edit to add: Florida seems to a UFO "hot spot". ATS has what looks like over 50 threads related to various Florida UFO pictures and videos.

edit on 12/27/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well there is no reason to believe they weren't Air Force Helicopters....

One would assume they are a human flying machine.

An Air Force base is close, apparently.

It was 8.30pm at night, so near sunset, hence lights on.

The Report says the fishermen observed a C130 flying low passes and circles not far from them 1 hour before.

Possibly the Air Force was conducting some sort of sea exercise.....perhaps it wasn't a C130 they saw, but a P3c Orion......which are submarine hunters, perhaps doing an exercise or something.

Unfortunately, just because you cannot identify the aircraft, doesn't mean they are Alien UFOs...

I doubt Aliens would use human type halogen headlights (yellowish tinge), like 1990s aircraft landing lights, for their supa dupa craft.

Im dissappointed the video didnt continue on and actually film the helicopters flying by, or did they?
Why didnt they film the "C130" as well, or did they?

Not particularly convincing really.

edit on 27-12-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Agree with your excellent analysis.

I suppose you don't get to pick the color of your ufo sighting, but anyone who has one that has the color of halogen headlamps and/or gas lights off platforms has a steeper hill to climb.

I'm not all that geeked by the video, but, you know, anyone who's ever shot video of something far away knows just how damn poor the quality of ANYTHING is when filmed from far away. I SUPPOSE it's possible that these guys were able to make out much more of those "lights" and had more legitimate reasons to think "UFO" (I'm being extremely charitable here), so there's that.

I've never seen a ufo, despite many a lonely drive in the west. But, I've always recognized that even if I did see one, even if I did have my phone or even a decent camera, the truth of the matter is that I could see something that I'd be 100% convinced was a physics-defying craft up above me, and when I got the video to y'all, it'd be Chinese lanterns, a highway far away, airplanes flying in formation, whatever.

Great analysis.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I don't think video cameras were carried by fishermen in 1994 were they? Back then, those "camcorders" were bulky.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Where they called " camcorders " back in 94 ?
I thought camcorders were later.
Could the date have been added to the video ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join