It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird object or UFO as seen from a U.S. Navy F/A-18F Super Hornet’s ATFLIR (ATS referenced )

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Well, fair enough..
So, what is it then?

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
Is it because it apparently has no wings that it is met with such profound disinterest?

As far as we know, it only looks like it has no wings. These FLIR cameras are all about heat, right? Well, I imagine that the wings of a pelican flying at a pretty good clip near the ocean would be relatively cool compared to its body, and might not show up.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

and still nothing that says interdimensional or even exotic earth tech

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

In all seriousness, do you really - really - believe that the pilots involved would not be able to discover if it was a pelican?

I concede that this video is not proof of anything, but either someone has an agenda where pelicans must become "unknowns" or that is no bird.

And isn't it also a pretty big pelican from 25000 feet?

ETA: Also, it seems to really be a fast pelican...just saying.
edit on 9-3-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

In all seriousness, do you really - really - believe that the pilots involved would not be able to discover if it was a pelican?

I concede that this video is not proof of anything, but either someone has an agenda where pelicans must become "unknowns" or that is no bird.

And isn't it also a pretty big pelican from 20000 feet?

From what I gather, these things pick up and lock onto stuff that could be well beyond the visual range of the pilots, so they might not even be looking at the thing. Was it during the day, or night? And I've seen some pretty damn big pelicans skimming along just above the wave tops. Just like the thing in the video does.

We don't know what they did after they spotted it. The video cuts off. As far as I know, they eventually either identified it or lost it, but the footage still got filed under "unknown" because they never got visual confirmation.

I don't know what it really was. I wasn't there. I'm just offering a possible explanation that fits what I know about FLIR and pelicans. Could be an alien probe, but... ???

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yes. I'm not bashing you. Your guess is as good as any, I suppose, but would it really be released as an "unknown" complete with enthusiastic pilot chatter about it if it was even remotely possible it was any kind of bird? Would not it make the people unable to id it look rather stupid?

Tracking and intercepting birds? Repeatedly?

I respect your position, and cannot prove that it isn't a pelican, from the available footage of course.

Which have me a bit worried, to be honest. Why not release the whole thing and remove all doubt? Is it because it really is just a pelican, or is it because someone has decided that this must not be allowed to be taken too seriously? A little more seriously, perhaps, but there must be room for ridicule and doubt. And perhaps deniability? We never claimed it was such and such, merely that it was unknown at the time etcetera. In case the pelican turns out to be made by Lockheed after all.

This is either genuinely strange and someone is scared to commit fully, or it is mundane and someone is being played big time.

Cheers,
BT
edit on 9-3-2018 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This is either genuinely strange and someone is scared to commit fully, or it is mundane and someone is being played big time.

Well, I suppose it might be like some people were saying when this whole thing first started. Release a little bit of curious footage, keep it fairly mundane at first, then slowly ramp it up to where there's no reason to keep the definitive stuff classified anymore and we get clear footage of a flying saucer nabbing a cow, outflying our best, and then blasting into space. A bit of long-term conditioning. In some ways it makes sense. Purposely make people lose interest so the "truth" can be released under a nice, safe cloud of disinterest.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I guess time will tell, but I can't really forget that some pretty major players from Lockheed Martin is mixed up in this whole affair. And seemed pretty enthusiastic about it too, if I recall.

Maybe some recognition is coming their way down the line for something pretty neat, if this is spun right. Some long awaited glory, perhaps, for a lot of work in the dark.

Interesting times, maybe.

Fingers crossed :-)

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here's some gun camera footage that I pieced together from some stills. I think they were in Blue Book, but I honestly don't remember. It's old. This kind of thing has been going on a long time. There must be some really, really good footage out there somewhere, and I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Curious.

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Do you remember the time frame for this?

Nice work btw...

posted on Mar, 9 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Do you remember the time frame for this?

Maybe 50s or early 60s? A Google image search might turn something up. I'll poke around. I made it for another thread a while back.
edit on 9-3-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This video showcases what kind of resolution is possible with modern FLIR. It is a video of ATP testing on F-16s and F-15s. So while not F-18s I am guessing the ATFLIR in the F-18 is as good as this.

Pretty neat piece of technology.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join