It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just askin...is this an "assault" rifle??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Looks kinda bada** and scary doesn't it?

Yes, that's a retractable stock...

Yes, that's a 25 round magazine...

And NO...that's not a "silencer", supressor, or anything like it...its the actual barrel of the gun...

Actually...

It's this:

gsg522.net...

I bought this a couple years ago, just for the cool factor of it...I now have at the ready an old bolt action 22...

So over the last few years, this is what's being considered an "assualt" rifle? I understand that typical ARs are chambered differently, but to just look at this gun...is it in the same category?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
No it is not.

That's all.

Next.

ETA: Fine. Let's put some meat on the bone. This weapon configured in three round burst, and automatic was designed as a CQB weapon ( Close Quarter Battle) for counter-terrorist, and hostage negotiations that go bad. Additionally, it is a highly stable platform for personal protection that is not configured in three round burst or automatic

It is only sold to civilians in semi-automatic, so again, it is not an assault rifle.

ETA #2: I guess I'm the only one who have you flag..

edit on E31America/ChicagoMon, 16 Oct 2017 21:11:33 -050010pmMondayth09pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If it's black and scary, it's an "assault rifle". 25 rounds? Wow, that's a hell of a clipazine.

Yes....this is just me being a smartass. I'm sure all the anti gun nuts will be along shortly to tell you that you should be ashamed of yourself for having a "weapon of mass destruction".
edit on 16-10-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

Every firearm is an "assault" firearm.

Every firearm is a defensive firearm.

It's not the firearm that makes the difference.

It's the training and intent.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
That is a sub submachine gun.

ETA: Oh, i see, it's a modified .22. nm

edit on 16-10-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I bought one of those the grey model with a larger fake suppressor .22cal. It did look mean, but it was a baby. Gsg5 I think it was.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4

And NO...that's not a "silencer", supressor, or anything like it...its the actual barrel of the gun...

Actually...

It's this:

gsg522.net...

I bought this a couple years ago, just for the cool factor of it...I now have at the ready an old bolt action 22...

So over the last few years, this is what's being considered an "assualt" rifle? I understand that typical ARs are chambered differently, but to just look at this gun...is it in the same category?

I bet it shoots 200 rounds a second. Didn't Rambo use one of those in First Blood? Civilians shouldn't have special forces weapons. I bet those bullets can turn corners.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It's a 22 rim fire.

I assume it is semi auto.

No you have a squirrel gun.

An assault weapon is incredibly expensive to buy and to license and more than likely (not always) would be chambered in a rifle round.

edit on 16-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It's a 22 rim fire.

An assault weapon is incredibly expensive to buy and to license and more than likely (not always) be a chambered in a rifle round.

Yes, that appears to be a semi-auto with a retractable stock.

Not a submachine gun.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Actually...

It's this:

gsg522.net...

LOL!

That's a great pea shooter.

I lived where guns were sent by all ABC agencies to be coated, along with aircraft parts and torpedo manufacturers.

Every single one came to the shop in boxes markets as "water sports"...and most were full auto.

While they may look the same, they are not at all the same.

I have handled and used ordinance that is military grade and I can tell you the difference between a assault rifle and a nutria rat gun....yes, I have helped the NOPD snipe nutrias in NO, LA....

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Actually...

It's this:

gsg522.net...

LOL!

That's a great pea shooter.

I lived where guns were sent by all ABC agencies to be coated, along with aircraft parts and torpedo manufacturers.

Every single one came to the shop in boxes markets as "water sports"...and most were full auto.

While they may look the same, they are not at all the same.

I have handled and used ordinance that is military grade and I can tell you the difference between a assault rifle and a nutria rat gun....yes, I have helped the NOPD snipe nutrias in NO, LA....

Pea shooter?

I disagree. Again, it's about the training and intent.

A 22 is a great firearm, in it's many forms, and should be a staple in anyone's training and collection. Not to mention the round being used is also important.
edit on 16-10-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This is the response that I wanted. "black and scary" according to MSM means "assault" rifle. This weapon of "mass destruction" is really only good for hanging on the wall looking scary, and occasionally taking out a bird or a squirrel..

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It's a 22 rim fire.

An assault weapon is incredibly expensive to buy and to license and more than likely (not always) would be chambered in a rifle round.

Since when is .22lr not a "rifle round"?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Correct, I should have wrote a center fire rifle round.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Bullcrap

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

understood...but...

edit on 16-10-2017 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

why is that bullcrap?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I saw that video. The 22 LR is a very effective round and NOT a toy.

Plus it is relatively cheap to shoot and have fun with.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: introvert

Bullcrap

Really?

A well-trained person with a semi-auto 22 can take out a poorly-trained idiot with a fully-auto AR, AK, or whatever you want to choose.

As the saying goes, it's not the size that counts. It's how you use it.

But you would know that, if you were trained and experienced.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

why is that bullcrap?

Really? OK, 101 level. First, the 'progressives' like to redefine any arena they decide to debase. This is a prime example.

An assault weapon is a military designation...definition. It is capable of single fire, three round burst or full automatic.

An 'AR' is an "Armorlite Rifle'. The original design being done by the Armorlite Company. Other companies which copied that basic design call them Armorlite rifles.

An earlier example would be the Winchester Rifle. That design was copied by The Henry Rifle Company. Many call the Henry a 'winchester'.

Calling a rifle an assault weapon based on intent would be like a terrorist using a VW beetle and running into a crowd of people and, therefore labelling the bug an assault bug.

Hence....Bullcrap.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join