It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Enforcing the laws of our country is not a 'Conservative' idea.

depends on the law

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'd blame my parents because they put me in this situation.

That'll never happen because that's logical.

The stupidest sh# is illegally entering the country to improve your life, and then inevitably ruining your life because your illegal.

Did you think you were going to get a pass for the "effort"??

And all that effort for nothing...the American taxpayers won't see a refund for all those programs and assistance.

And don't tell me if they stayed they could contribute to the workforce and society and that could balance the books! That is dumb. What would you do? Hold them hostage???

People are sympathizing over the "effort" part....You know, the struggling criminal thing?

If you break the law with the specific intent to continually do so in order to gain money or benefits, then raise your kids under the guise that it's okay...

YOU need to go and your kids can help you all pack.

You're a criminal family, leaching off the system and if any Americans feel sorry about that, they're TRULY morons.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Enforcing the laws of our country is not a 'Conservative' idea.

depends on the law

Interesting, I didn't realize there was a clause regarding which laws we must obey and which we can ignore. I know it seems like that because of people like Hillary, but I have never found one to exist for us normal people.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Well, then, we are not talking about her, are we? This thread is a rant about DACA and "Dreamers", right?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Why aren't people questioning the morals of these illegal aliens themselves? Why don't they clean up their own back yard? Wouldn't their comrades and family be much better served if these people stayed and fought for what they believe in instead of running away? Maybe if they stayed and fought for a better life, their countries would be a much better place in which to live in today's age.

Maybe if the U.S. stopped sending the cartels guns and ended the failure that is the war on drugs their homeland wouldn't be a third world narco state anymore, and people wouldn't have a reason to risk their lives just to escape it.

But hey, I'm sure these DACA immigrants are the real problem here.

Move along.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Tired of this.

Screw your damn bible and all those holier than thou quotes.

It's the same book, that a nut job flooded the world and killed everyone.
Ya, what a tolerant guy.

edit on 6-9-2017 by Black_Fox because: SPeLLiNg

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Well, then, we are not talking about her, are we? This thread is a rant about DACA and "Dreamers", right?

"Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?"

She's exactly what this thread is about. Says it right there in the title pal.
edit on 9/6/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

DACA was a stop-gap measure. it was never the law of the land. It was a cruel move by Obama to tease the idea of amnesty to hundreds of thousands of illegals that qualified for DACA.

I guess, what irritates me is the cry for "protected status" to illegals.

That just doesn't make sense.

I'm all for enacting/changing the law to allow those that are here to stay as long as they don't have any criminal record.

But the lawsuits and braying is getting ridiculous.

Change the laws, don't subvert them.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
conservative mindset in a nutshell... i've got mine so why should i give a # about you...

LOL,

You know I am the Semi-Messianic Judaism / Christian Conservative guy here.

As I mentioned in my last post, those non-felons should be offered a clear path to citizenship. Those who are habitual criminals / felons / violent gang members should be deported.

edit on 6-9-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Have you offered ypur home to these illegal aliens?

How many kids have you adopted? How many homeless vets do you have living in your home? Take any refugees from Texas in yet? Yadda yadda yadda...

Have you personally offered your job, your life savings and your children's future?

That makes absolutely no sense. There are nearly 4 million children born in the US every year. Are you concerned about them taking your job or "your children's future" (whatever that means)? These young people have ages spanning a range 10-15 years or more. So you're talking about something on the order of a 1% population increase above base.

A statistically insignificant bump.

And how do you think capitalist economies are supposed to work? Serious question. Do more people = less jobs? Doesn't more people = more demand for goods & services = more demand for labor to produce those goods and provide those services? That's kinda how the whole thing is supposed to scale, right?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I have no idea what your point is. From the OP

The school that I pay 20k a year to so my daughter can get her degree has sent out an email to my daughter and other students telling them how horrible removing the Obama era DACA is and how insensitive it is to people here illegally (how about you just stick to coursework...you know...what I pay you to do).

The fact is, you complained that illegals didn't try to get citizenship all this time that they were here, so they get what they deserve.

Well, I'm here to tell you, "pal", that illegals don't have a path to citizenship, period. Not even through DACA.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

"Well, I'm here to tell you, "pal", that illegals don't have a path to citizenship, period. Not even through DACA. "

But apparently they do, be it through a river, a mountain, a border fence.

And they get a reward, free government aid.

Hell, we should just all go to another country, become citizens and sneak back here.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

No, they don't.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

yup it would suck and they should be very angry at their parents for putting them in that situation.

there are a lot of unfit parents but that doesn`t mean we should ignore the laws and let the children of these unfit parents to continuing violating our laws.
if people are immune to our laws merely because they had unfit parents then a lot more people would be immune to the laws of the land.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That doesn't really address my point though. Blame whoever you want but why should you be punished for something you had no control over?

how are they being punished? if not living in the U.S. is considered punishment then a majority of the people on earth are being punished.

I don`t understand how sending them back to their own countries (countries in which they are legal citizens) can be considered punishment.
edit on 6-9-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Black_Fox

No, they don't.

You know something, who cares.
Deal with it.

Life isn't fair.

The idiots who snuck in here with their kids are the ones to blame, period.

Why have laws? Why have a border/. Why have ICE?

Hmmm....

We shouldn't have to reward idiots, period.

Those who break the law shouldn't be rewarded.

When we have homeless vets, families and children on our own street, they are priority.

Why does nobody point their fingers at mexico?

You know, that great country these people keep leaving.

Why don't these people stay and create a better country?

I don't care if these people get thrown out with their children, their dog, and their goldfish.

They wouldn't be in this situation if their parent weren't criminals.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Wait until someone takes all your stuff away and then takes YOU away from all your family and friends (against your will) and tell me you're not being punished.
edit on 9/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well, I'm here to tell you, "pal", that illegals don't have a path to citizenship, period. Not even through DACA.

The US didn't know she even existed until '08, hence she was not technically an illegal until then... again she had 12 years to figure things out.

My original contention was,

Why didn't you (the hypothetical Mexican from your story) try and get citizenship yourself?

So, my point is that this woman (and I'm sure she's not the only one) lived here successfully under the radar for 12 years and did not make an effort to gain legal status. Because of this, I do not feel sorry for her.
edit on 9/6/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This pretty much sums up the insanity.

So we can't deport those here illegally for what their parents did. Yet I am held responsible for things my grandparents and great grandparent did?????

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

if that`s their only "punishment" for violating the laws then they should consider themselves very lucky.when they get back to their own countries they can get jobs and buy new stuff and make new friends and that`s better than being in prison for violating the laws of another country.

if a bank robber`s only punishment was having the stolen money taken away then he should consider himself very lucky.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join