It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Should I Feel Bad for Illegals?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The MSM is falling over themselves to tug at the heartstrings with their stories of people in this country illegally. The school that I pay 20k a year to so my daughter can get her degree has sent out an email to my daughter and other students telling them how horrible removing the Obama era DACA is and how insensitive it is to people here illegally (how about you just stick to coursework...you know...what I pay you to do).

My problem is this...these people are here in our country illegally. Blame their parents for breaking the laws of my country and bringing them here and putting them in the situation they are in currently. If they don't like it too bad.

There are literally millions of LEGAL immigrants that have come to the U.S. for better lives and have done things the right way. Why should people that cut the line and are here ILLEGALLY get special and in some cases better status treatment than people here that followed the rules to be here?

Sorry, I don't care. If you are here illegally go to the country you were born in and come back legally like everyone else that respects the laws of my country and does things the right way.

edit on 2017/9/6 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
You don't have to feel bad about them in regards to their possibility of deportation. But I would think you may have some sympathy if say 100 illegals were lined up on a wall and executed just for being illegal. I am pretty sure your still human and would feel bad for them from a human perspective if they were victimized.

But you don't have to feel bad about seeing them deported, I don't either.

+62 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

A friend of mine lives in Rochester, NY. He was walking under a bridge and heard someone stirring and he saw a guy waking up. My friend is a Vet and he hollered up, "Are you okay?". The guy comes down and he is a Veteran. My friend learned this talking to him. He couldn't get any help from our government!

So NO, when we have homeless people who served this country? I could care less about those here illegally!

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Imagine that your parents moved to another country illegally when you were a kid from no fault/say of your own, now imagine you've been there for most of your adult life and have built up a decent life and work hard and pay taxes through your work permit and have laid a foundation for the rest of your life, etc.

Now imagine someone coming in and taking all your stuff you worked so hard for and then deporting you out of the country all because you had no say in where you were going as a kid.

That would suck wouldn't it? Imagine if the government came to your house today and started seizing your property and telling you you couldn't live there anymore. How would you feel?

Those "illegals" are still people you know, that's why you should feel sorry for them, because their entire lives are going to be upended and destroyed over no fault of their own.

But then again the term "illegal alien/immigrant" takes a little bit of humanity away from the person and makes it easier to not feel sorry for them, so I can see why you possibly wouldn't care about their entire lives being ruined.

+50 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'd blame my parents because they put me in this situation.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

That doesn't really address my point though. Blame whoever you want but why should you be punished for something you had no control over?

+26 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I think the solution is quite simple.

Yes, it was their parents fault BUT if they have graduated high school and speak fluent English AND are not felons I would like them to receive a path to citizenship.

The gang members, felons, and general criminal aliens should be deported.

I think that is common sense. Anyone disagree?
edit on 6-9-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Are you a Christian?

link   
Hey listen, if you were born here and your parents were too for at least four generations, then you are also the child of illegal immigrants. The founding fathers and their families did not exactly apply for visas or fill out paperwork to come here.
a reply to: infolurker
sounds good to me!
edit on 9-6-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
link   

My parents had no problem doing it the legal way.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Uh Oh, we have someone that woke up. Quick, sedate them and get them back under control of the brainwashing PC cultural system.

Independent thought will not be allowed. Homogeneous areas can't be allowed to redevelop. Common people, this freedom of thought could spread like a wildfire.

Metallicus is the target. Find them and subdue them.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Why didn't you (the hypothetical Mexican from your story) try and get citizenship yourself? Like this woman, who did nothing.

She Showed Up Yearly to Meet Immigration Agents. Now They’ve Deported Her.

MSM tried to get sympathy for this woman who had lived in the US for 21 years, and raised a family who she has been torn from. I mean, really? You lived here for 21 years and didn't bother to get citizenship? I have no sympathy for the fact that you procrastinated for two decades and then got kicked out.

edit on 9/6/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

My parents had no problem doing it the legal way.

Neither did my grandparents.

+42 more 
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Are you a Christian?

Are you a doormat?

Have you offered ypur home to these illegal aliens?

Have you personally offered your job, your life savings and your children's future?

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Are you a Christian?

I am not sure who you are addressing, but NO, I am not religious.

+7 more 
link   
conservative mindset in a nutshell... i've got mine so why should i give a # about you...

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You asked why you should feel sorry for them.
I simply wanted to know if you were a Christian as the answer to your question if you are, is in the New Testament of Jesus.
If you are not, then it's no big.

edit on 6-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

+45 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
conservative mindset in a nutshell... i've got mine so why should i give a # about you...

Leftist mindset in a nutshell...I don't have it so give it to me because I'm a whiny baby who deserves things because.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Empathy?

I know that's a dirty word when money is involved, but still.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

They have no path to citizenship because they have no legal status. You have to have legal status t get a Green Card, and you have to have had a Green Card and live in the USA for at least 5 years before you can apply for citizenship.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join