It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIL the definiton of White Nationalism Lumping many of us in the wrong boat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So I was thinking about White Nationalist today and thought, yes that is what I am. Thought I am white and I believe in nationalism instead of globalism. Then realized, just because I am white and believe in nationalism....what does that mean? Geez think I may regret this.

As usual Wikipedia has an answer

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which holds the belief that white people are a race[1] and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity.[2][3][4] Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.[5] White nationalists say they seek to ensure the survival of the white race, and the cultures of historically white states.

SPLU

White nationalist groups espouse white supremacist or white separatist ideologies, often focusing on the alleged inferiority of nonwhites. Groups listed in a variety of other categories - Ku Klux Klan, neo-Confederate, neo-Nazi, racist skinhead, and Christian Identity - could also be fairly described as white nationalist.

This is not me and i doubt many here, who are nationalist, are of that belief though we prefer nationalism vs globalism. So the fact that we are white and also embrace a national identity we are a subset of White supremacist (or vice versa). I totally reject that idea and it needs to be better defined.

I am a mulit generation Texan and we have had Americans from Mexico here well before my family arrived. The earliest family died here in 1830. We have also had black families here before my family arrived.

We are well intergrated and only gave it a thought during the 60's and have since moved on. No matter the race, we share a culture.

I dread the likely hateful response and will not respond. If name calling occurs i will ask this thread be shut down.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I just read an article about folks in Detroit that were protesting white supremacy at a statue dedicated to Christopher Columbus. Not the brightest crayons in the box, huh ?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
So I was thinking about White Nationalist today and thought, yes that is what I am. Thought I am white and I believe in nationalism instead of globalism. Then realized, just because I am white and believe in nationalism....what does that mean? Geez think I may regret this.

As usual Wikipedia has an answer

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which holds the belief that white people are a race[1] and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity.[2][3][4] Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.[5] White nationalists say they seek to ensure the survival of the white race, and the cultures of historically white states.

SPLU

White nationalist groups espouse white supremacist or white separatist ideologies, often focusing on the alleged inferiority of nonwhites. Groups listed in a variety of other categories - Ku Klux Klan, neo-Confederate, neo-Nazi, racist skinhead, and Christian Identity - could also be fairly described as white nationalist.

This is not me and i doubt many here, who are nationalist, are of that belief though we prefer nationalism vs globalism. So the fact that we are white and also embrace a national identity we are a subset of White supremacist (or vice versa). I totally reject that idea and it needs to be better defined.

I am a mulit generation Texan and we have had Americans from Mexico here well before my family arrived. The earliest family died here in 1830. We have also had black families here before my family arrived.

We are well intergrated and only gave it a thought during the 60's and have since moved on. No matter the race, we share a culture.

I dread the likely hateful response and will not respond. If name calling occurs i will ask this thread be shut down.

I would consider myself to be a Nationalist. And I'm not even considered to be "white".
edit on 20-8-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Well it's the same problem when you point to a "girl" who is also your "friend," and tell your parents she's your "girl friend." And they mistake your comment, thinking you have a romantic relationship with her, and are perhaps thinking of marriage. When all you intended, was to say that she is of the "female" gender, and happens to be one of your "platonic" friends.

Many word combinations take on new meanings when they are put together, that have little relationship to the words in them when they stand apart.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

In this book called the Turner Diaries, which was written by a white supremacist, the protagonist talks about how when the white supremacists took over the US, they ended up killing not only Liberals and Minorities, but also Libertarians and Conservatives and that they considered Americans loyal to the Constitution "idiotic."

edit on 8/20/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Yes, and that is exactly my point. Nationalists are all races and we share a culture or or willing to share a culture for some of the recent immigrants.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Check it all out !!

References

Ankerl, Guy (2000). Coexisting Contemporary Civilizations. Geneva: INUPRESS. ISBN 0-9656383-2-4.
Josey, Charles Conant (1983) [1923]. The Philosophy of Nationalism. Washington, D.C.: Cliveden Press. ISBN 1-878465-10-4.
Levin, Michael E. (1997). Why Race Matters: Race Differences and What They Mean. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers. ISBN 0-275-95789-6.
McDaniel, George (ed.) (2003). A Race Against Time: Racial Heresies for the 21st Century. Oakton, VA: New Century Foundation.
Robertson, Wilmot (1981). The Dispossessed Majority. Cape Canaveral, FL: Howard Allen. ISBN 0-914576-15-1.
Robertson, Wilmot (1993). The Ethnostate. Cape Canaveral, FL: Howard Allen. ISBN 0-914576-22-4.
Swain, Carol M. (2003). Contemporary Voices of White Nationalism in America. New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-01693-2.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You can be white and be a nationalist without being a white nationalist.

Especially when talking to a critical thinker instead of reactionary leftists.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

In this book called the Turner Diaries, which was written by a white supremacist, the protagonist talks about how when the white supremacists took over the US, they ended up killing not only Liberals and Minorities, but also Libertarians and Conservatives and that they considered Americans loyal to the Constitution "idiotic."

So looked it up on Wikipedia. Seems it is a fiction in that is what he hopes/perceives will take place.

No going to happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Check it all out !!

References

Ankerl, Guy (2000). Coexisting Contemporary Civilizations. Geneva: INUPRESS. ISBN 0-9656383-2-4.
Josey, Charles Conant (1983) [1923]. The Philosophy of Nationalism. Washington, D.C.: Cliveden Press. ISBN 1-878465-10-4.
Levin, Michael E. (1997). Why Race Matters: Race Differences and What They Mean. Westport, CT: Praeger Publishers. ISBN 0-275-95789-6.
McDaniel, George (ed.) (2003). A Race Against Time: Racial Heresies for the 21st Century. Oakton, VA: New Century Foundation.
Robertson, Wilmot (1981). The Dispossessed Majority. Cape Canaveral, FL: Howard Allen. ISBN 0-914576-15-1.
Robertson, Wilmot (1993). The Ethnostate. Cape Canaveral, FL: Howard Allen. ISBN 0-914576-22-4.
Swain, Carol M. (2003). Contemporary Voices of White Nationalism in America. New York: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-01693-2.

Could you give us a brief synopsis of what these book are referring to. lot of reading here.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

White nationalists seek to perserve their white race, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just like how some nations do not want cultures from other countries to mix in with them, which makes them anti-immigration, which isn't a bad thing.
White separatism and white supremacy are subgroups of white nationalism. They are the bad ones.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I just read an article about folks in Detroit that were protesting white supremacy at a statue dedicated to Christopher Columbus. Not the brightest crayons in the box, huh ?

It's easy for the Left to rile up inner city minorities that they rule over who never been outside the inner city, they think the whole nation is black, they turn on tv and see sports are mostly black, the shows all have blacks, mtv is all black rappers, it creates a false sense of mob superiority. When told about a white statue in their midst, they figure why is it there when the country is all black.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

One of the dirty tricks from the EU playbook is to use the word nationalism as a bad thing to gain acceptance from the countries of Europe.
Notice how there's been so much condemnation of the places like Poland and Hungary for not taking in their share of the migrants.

They tried to play the UK referendum vote as a race issue while disregarding all the other things involved.

Strange how the entire concept of nationalism is making headlines all over the place recently... If I was conspiratorially minded I'd say the globalists were stirring up trouble to advance some evil plot.
Maybe its my paranoia playing up again.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No, just because you are white and a nationalist does not make you a "white nationalist."

However, before one assumes they have no relationship whatsoever to white nationalist ideology, please consider the following:

1) Do you tend to view Muslims in a negative light, associating them first and foremost with their most extreme militant practitioners?

2) Do you tend to lump the majority of Mexicans in with "drug dealers, rapists," and other unsavory groups?

3) Are you frequently outraged by the treatment of black and/or white criminals in the media?

4) When Trump suggested there should be a "Muslim ban" during his Presidential campaign, did that sound like a good idea to you, sans any conditions whatsoever? A simple religious litmus test? Or did it give you pause?

While none of these things necessarily make one a "White Nationalist," they are hallmarks of the White Nationalist belief set. So, there is some bleed over of white nationalist ideals into regular ole nationalism.

Trump's popularity was based upon both.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You've failed to state your case. Who lumped you in with white nationalists?

EDIT:

I reread your OP. It seems to me that you lumped yourself because you didn't realize that "white nationalists" are people who adhere to/espouse/advocate white nationalism and assumed that it meant a nationalist who is white.

"White nationalism" and "white nationalist" have been in the lexicon for decades at least.
edit on 2017-8-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Check it all out !!

References

Could you give us a brief synopsis of what these book are referring to. lot of reading here.

Have no idea.

That's the point.

I bet most are "unobtainable".

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Well it debunks the myth all Conservatives, Constitutionalists, and Libertarians are racist.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
No, just because you are white and a nationalist does not make you a "white nationalist."

However, before one assumes they have no relationship whatsoever to white nationalist ideology, please consider the following:

1) Do you tend to view Muslims in a negative light, associating them first and foremost with their most extreme militant practitioners?

2) Do you tend to lump the majority of Mexicans in with "drug dealers, rapists," and other unsavory groups?

3) Are you frequently outraged by the treatment of black and/or white criminals in the media?

4) When Trump suggested there should be a "Muslim ban" during his Presidential campaign, did that sound like a good idea to you, sans any conditions whatsoever? A simple religious litmus test? Or did it give you pause?

While none of these things necessarily make one a "White Nationalist," they are hallmarks of the White Nationalist belief set. So, there is some bleed over of white nationalist ideals into regular ole nationalism.

Trump's popularity was based upon both.

Some are good questions and some are ambiguous.
1 No
2. No
3 yes...proves nothing
4 more difficult. Knowing how we were letting people in pushing to have them put on welfare etc. There was a video, which happens to be unavailable now showing how they were pushing people in regardless. The state got sited for having so many with LNU (last name unknown).

BTW I consider the recent change to imigration rules to strenuous.

Any other questions?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Tell me how being white and being a nationalist would prevent others from lumping me into that category. The vast majority of American's, esp the young left groups, do not see a difference. White=bad is what I am seeing. Doesn't matter what I think or believe. There has not been an atmosphere of listening to others for a while in this country.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Do you seek to preserve white race?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join