It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Fall" and Rise of MSM

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Going full tinfoil hat for this one guys, its a short and sweet one that has been plaguing my mind. Before the elections last year people were growing bored of MSM and turning to alternative sources for their fix (be it gwaker or infowars), with the election there was a little rumble as people started to tune in again and then when Wikileaks launched their "attack on Clinton" more and more people tuned in to see what the fuss was all about. This then was MSMs chance to get bums on seats.

They pushed their Anti-Trump stories down peoples throats, not just to attack him but to drive traffic and ratings to their sites / channels from both sides of the political spectrum to praise or berate the news outlet. It drives revenue after all, who cares what people think? But with the story about Russia's influence now in the pipe line being shoved down peoples throats 24/7 that it becomes a real "threat" and has to be approached by officials and hearings to be had.

All the MSM lies leading up to this failing, with people now being questioned by the highest powers in the land the truth comes out.

No ties

With this backlash, certain outlets hold onto the story for as long as possible until people come along and put a stop to it, outing these news companies as lairs.

The fall of a network, but at what is the endgame? People flood to other MSM outlets in record numbers whilst the recovering outlet staggers around, apologises and fires people at a loss in revenue.

People keep tuning into them, to make sure they keep above board, they slowly indoctrinate new viewers and slowly go back to their old ways in time for the 2024 elections rinse and repeat. Keeps people tuned in as they believe one man can make a difference when its all setup to seem like they were caught out.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
Going full tinfoil hat for this one guys, its a short and sweet one that has been plaguing my mind. Before the elections last year people were growing bored of MSM and turning to alternative sources for their fix (be it gwaker or infowars), with the election there was a little rumble as people started to tune in again and then when Wikileaks launched their "attack on Clinton" more and more people tuned in to see what the fuss was all about. This then was MSMs chance to get bums on seats.

They pushed their Anti-Trump stories down peoples throats, not just to attack him but to drive traffic and ratings to their sites / channels from both sides of the political spectrum to praise or berate the news outlet. It drives revenue after all, who cares what people think? But with the story about Russia's influence now in the pipe line being shoved down peoples throats 24/7 that it becomes a real "threat" and has to be approached by officials and hearings to be had.

All the MSM lies leading up to this failing, with people now being questioned by the highest powers in the land the truth comes out.

No ties

With this backlash, certain outlets hold onto the story for as long as possible until people come along and put a stop to it, outing these news companies as lairs.

The fall of a network, but at what is the endgame? People flood to other MSM outlets in record numbers whilst the recovering outlet staggers around, apologises and fires people at a loss in revenue.

People keep tuning into them, to make sure they keep above board, they slowly indoctrinate new viewers and slowly go back to their old ways in time for the 2024 elections rinse and repeat. Keeps people tuned in as they believe one man can make a difference when its all setup to seem like they were caught out.

Makes sense to me...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

You're playing at knowing what we're up against...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What by voicing my opinion, Im playing?

I put forth what I believe may be true, if you are going to thinly insult, at least give me substance

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Mostly I was just waiting all day since yesterday to find an opening for that clip. Which the way the odds are stacked in it its not an improper placement.

I didn't actually mean anything by the way I worded it.

Although if you insist I wholly engage, crushing the entire MSM all simultaneously like you and odz are twisting this up as, that is to sets sights on the MOST TRUSTED NAME IN NEWS MEDIA is apparently a pure exercise in futility, in this effectively DEFEATIST narrative you guys are suggesting...

Who ever said it all ends with CNN?

edit on 29-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Your headline made me think of Reginald Perrin for some odd reason.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The MSM is just another way of social engineering,they work in concert with the CIA,all the large ones ABC NBC CBS,and affiliates,why alternative news has always referred as conspiracy sites,they only allow what they want to be heard,and when you hear a truth and hear a lie,can use common sense,something the govt is trying to remove

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

It's always been like that, since it's birth. You can blame Ted Turner for that, along with a few others.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Issue is, crush all MSM and then all alternative news becomes mainstream, they sell out and we go round and round until the death of our species and the planet spins into oblivion in a beautiful form of decay.

Appology from myself for attacking, though recently I had managed to get more than 2 hours sleep I have gone back into my broken sleep cycle

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Just out of curiosity, you do realize that that all news stories are msm stories right????

Like every site (except for fox , maybe.. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt) saying their is a vast conspiracy against trump, is a.compilation site..

They do not have reporters who investigate stories. They just copy paste MSM stories and publish them after adding their own slant.

Infowars, drudge, brietbart, newsmax...all without a single investigative journalism team between them..

So how are they breaking crazy conspiracy theory stories, when they have no one investigating stories in the first place????

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

None of the alternative news sites have reporters on the payroll, only commentators...

So how are they breaking stories???

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think the point has been missed massively.

If you got rid of EVERY MSM and turned to a crazy guy in the street shouting abuse at birds for daily updates and everyone does it, he becomes the main stream news outlet for everyone. He then sells out to a big company to promote their anti bird lasers if he leans towards their company beliefs.

Its a vicious circle, and I do not see why people you would protect them. Fox News during Obama's reign only had 36% of "supprt" and 64% of "against", with Trump its almost 50 /50 yes but its still pushing its own agenda, trying to find hard facts and numbers but alas only one site comes up when I search

www.politifact.com...

They all lie, they all push their agenda on you and you fall for it. If they all went, its only a matter of time before new outlets come along and sell out.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Maybe..

But in the real world all the msm sources have teams of investigative journalists who go around breaking stories...

None of the alternatives sources do...

They are compilation sites who just go around copy pasting msm stories..

So how are they getting a totally different story from the people who actually interviewed the primaries??

Because they just rewrite the msm article with their own slant...

So who is more credible???

The people without a single reporter who investigates stories??

Or the people who do actually pay reporters to go investigate stories??

Is it even possible to consider a compilation site a legit news source??

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Just out of curiosity, you do realize that that all news stories are msm stories right????

Like every site (except for fox , maybe.. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt) saying their is a vast conspiracy against trump, is a.compilation site..

They do not have reporters who investigate stories. They just copy paste MSM stories and publish them after adding their own slant.

Infowars, drudge, brietbart, newsmax...all without a single investigative journalism team between them..

So how are they breaking crazy conspiracy theory stories, when they have no one investigating stories in the first place????

Hey now! Logic on ATS!? You need to get that out of here. Next thing you know you'll be wanting people to deny ignorance or something. Man...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I still do not understand why you are pushing this, Im saying that people used their alternative news sources, CNN picked up on the wikileaks story, pushed the Russian narrative, failed and are suffering.

I never pushed people to these sites, I never said they could or should be considered legit, it does seem like you are projecting your hatred for alternative sites onto this post.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I still do not understand why you are pushing this, Im saying that people used their alternative news sources, CNN picked up on the wikileaks story, pushed the Russian narrative, failed and are suffering.

I never pushed people to these sites, I never said they could or should be considered legit, it does seem like you are projecting your hatred for alternative sites onto this post.

Cable News Ratings: MSNBC, CNN, Fox News Post Double-Digit Growth in Q2

Driven by surges for “The Rachel Maddow Show” and “Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell,” MSNBC is up a whopping 86% in total viewers in primetime compared to second-quarter 2016. CNN saw a 39% leap in adults 25-54 in total day. Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” and MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow” split the crown for most-watched cable news program in primetime, with Carlson winning in total viewers and Maddow taking the demo.

Yeah they are REALLY suffering...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Driven by surges for “The Rachel Maddow Show” and “Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell,” MSNBC is up a whopping 86% in total viewers in primetime compared to second-quarter 2016. CNN saw a 39% leap in adults 25-54 in total day. Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” and MSNBC’s “Rachel Maddow” split the crown for most-watched cable news program in primetime, with Carlson winning in total viewers and Maddow taking the demo.

With the stories breaking this week, how many people would be put off? My point was that people jumped into bed with MSM during the election but now its coming out that they made things up how long before its reflected in their figures.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

With the stories breaking this week, how many people would be put off? My point was that people jumped into bed with MSM during the election but now its coming out that they made things up how long before its reflected in their figures.

The stories? You mean the Senate failing to pass their health care bill? The actual important story of the week?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yea you gotta love those that spout deny ignorance right before going on a diatribe about "alien bigfoots that have used the illuminati to take over the world because OBAMA!! "

Lol

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

The stories? You mean the Senate failing to pass their health care bill? The actual important story of the week?

So you are saying the CNN thing is all "fake news", that it does not matter one bit.

Im from the UK, things like a network being caught out should be massive. People should be protesting the bias, people should expect the press to act in an ethical manor. But no. Keep on siding with your preferred network.

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yea you gotta love those that spout deny ignorance right before going on a diatribe about "alien bigfoots that have used the illuminati to take over the world because OBAMA!! "

Lol

When you have nothing to say you resort to flaming and claim to love people who spout deny ignorance.

Is it not a shame, that on this forum people are unable to act civil? I put my theory out there, instead of debate and discussion it is greeted with people who tl;dr and who are out to start fights.

If you do not wish to debate or talk, why post? To up your star count?
edit on 3007America/Chicagokamb2017201743America/Chicago by thekaboose because: laughable reasons

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join