It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ could not have died for your sins .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The idea become Mortal live as a mortal then understand what it is to be mortal .
The failing of this is self evident .
Lets say there is a blind man and you wish to understand what it is to be blind so blind fold your self and use that for a week or two .
Now you say I understand what it is to be blind . BUT that is not TRUE no matter how long you keep the blind fold on you can Never understand what it is to be blind you always Know you can take off the blind fold so can not experience the fact the blind man will never see .
Now lets take a look at your child god shell we Jesus was born to a women so he is half human ( but existed before he was born and continued to exist after he was Mortally killed .
So born KNOWING he would never truly die just go home in effect a second out of his eternal life . Now how could this being ever understand what it is to Fear ? To sin to know someday you will DIE and there is no second chances .
In order to understand sin you have to be effected by the desire for that sin . Renounce your god says the torture and ill stop the pain .
This sin could not effect a god who knows his death is not death but a way home .
Thus he could never experience the fear or the desire to just say I renounce him to get the pain to stop .
Of the two Jesus and the devil the Devil alest knows what sin feels like and alest fears the ending of it he would be a much better candidate to die for sins having DONE the sins then a pure god who never know sin to begin with .
But even he would not be able to truly die so in effect the sacrifice would be pointless as was your gods .
God did not sacrifice his son .His son is with him right now and always will be no matter how many Mortal deaths he has .
God nore Jesus have a clue what sacrifice truly is and neither can say they understand our short comings .
And neither could asulve us usless they could somehow become us . But etrinal life is just that
what temptation can effect a GOD ? steeling food ? he just dies of starvation and goes home ( have sex out side of marrage ( he has no desire for a women he considers benith him ( ask the women who begged for her sons life ) ( even a dog eats the scraps from the masters table ) is what it took to move him .

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If you take all the religious mallaki out. Buddha disappeared in early 30s and jesus appeared in 30s preaching same thing..

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Housekeeping note - with affection.

Your post is difficult to read therefore not many will read your thoughts.

Add space between short paragraphs.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Great thought pattern and for me at least, it makes perfect sense.

I like to think that is one of the most beautiful things about this reality. The truth for me or the possibility for others that we really don't know what comes next. It keeps things real and interesting.

If we had all of our past life memories or if we knew without a doubt what comes after our time in this reality ends, it would cheapen our experience of existing on this rock.
edit on 27-5-2017 by ClovenSky because: added a 's'

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Very true. It's hard to be objective with that type of safety net in place. So if you were God, how do you remedy this conundrum?

Well if I was God and I wanted to test humanity and have a pure visceral experience, I would incarnate with total amnesia to an upper-lower class family that is riddled with potential hardships. I'd have my angels ensure my ignorance of divine pedigree, working behind the scences, and let the chips fall were they may.

Maybe after 40 years, if I made it that long, then revelation would slowly begin. This is when I would try to shake some sense into the masses.

Anyhow who says Jesus knew he was the son of God early on?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Geki09

When Jesus was around 12 years old He called church His father's house and was educating the priests.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

When Jesus was around 12 years old He called church His father's house and was educating the priests.

It doesn't mean he knew he was divine origin. It just means he had intuition. Even if God spoke to him in some way, I don't think he would convince himself he was the son of God. Many people throughout history have visions and divine communications and don't think they are Jesus.
edit on 27-5-2017 by Geki09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm always impressed by people who speak of God as tho he's
some ignorant air head.

God nore Jesus have a clue what sacrifice truly is and neither can say they understand our short comings .

How in the hell can you say what God understands?
Gawd the ignorance is so pathetic. Here's a thought, yours need to remain in
your head.
edit on Rpm52717v48201700000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Your choosing to explain away what all those things really mean won't help you on judgement day. Your error will be boldly shown to you, and that you chose to emphasize these errors in thinking quite foolishly and for selfish ideals. You might want to rethink everything and try again.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Housekeeping note - with affection.

Your post is difficult to read therefore not many will read your thoughts.

Add space between short paragraphs.

Thank You!

I always feel bad mentioning that the the WALL OF TEXT posters, but someone has to!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Agree with other member. Your post rambles without separation of thought. A little organization goes a long way so everyone can read it.

Many won't. Respectfully speaking of course....

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

It doesn't mean he knew he was divine origin. It just means he had intuition. Even if God spoke to him in some way, I don't think he would convince himself he was the son of God. Many people throughout history have visions and divine communications and don't think they are Jesus.

I'm pretty sure Jesus thought he was Jesus.

As a bonus, the scripture says that both Mary and Joseph were told by angels than Jesus would be the Son of God.

So everything we have to go on from the Christian writings said Jesus knew. Everything you are saying is just conjecture.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I'm always impressed by people who speak of God as tho he's
some ignorant air head.

How in the hell can you say what God understands?
Gawd the ignorance is so pathetic. Here's a thought, yours need to remain in
your head.

So what the OP is suggesting is not correct? There is absolutely no possibility of a kernel of truth in there?

Really?

I understood the premise to be that if someone knew exactly where they came from before being born into this reality and where they were going after their time in this reality expires, death wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Is that theory wrong?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Religion is very big stuff, and you are bound to leave someone a bit miffed whatever you say!

All the same, I think you confuse the point of the 'Jesus Project'.

Jesus didn't come to learn about us, but rather he came to teach us about God, particularly disrupting a legal system that had grown detached from Gods wishes.

Invalidating Jesus because he knew he was 'pre-ordained' is a bit like resisting a Change Manager because they know they will be reassigned elsewhere on completion. Doesn't make the Change being Managed any less relevant, does it?

Jesus said "Love one another", and live knowing God loves you.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Your choosing to explain away what all those things really mean won't help you on judgement day. Your error will be boldly shown to you, and that you chose to emphasize these errors in thinking quite foolishly and for selfish ideals. You might want to rethink everything and try again.

And this is a reoccurring response. Judgement day. Fire and Brimstone. The apocalypse of st john.

If god is all powerful and created the universe with all of its inhabitants, why would they need worship? If they knew our hearts and knew all things, including how the future will turn out, why even create this reality? Why not just pass judgement right away and send those souls who do not obey to directly to hell? To give the righteous a chance to gloat?

So god gave us free will on this earth. But if we don't do exactly what they say, eternal damnation. Is that some kind of sick joke.

When looking rationally at this situation, assuming the OT & NT aren't creations of fiction, I welcome judgement day and hope I am sent to live with the other guy. Maybe there was a reason my soul couldn't tolerate heaven anymore and wanted to take a jump into this reality. With the official story and everything else that is sanctioned by those in power being almost 180 degrees from the truth, why are these stories an exception?

I saw the OP ask a simple question, maybe the structure was a little off but damn you people are sure making them pay for even the suggestion of an original thought.

love and compassion my rear end.

edit on 27-5-2017 by ClovenSky because: changed he to they

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Not ignorance...

Hubris.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Most Christians just don't get it. I have ALWAYS asked why, must the son of God die for my sins. The obvious answer is, because God wants it to be. Without any critical thinking, that seems, well,.... absurd. But, what did Jesus say he was? He said he is the way and the truth. So, God wants the way and the truth to die, to be tortured to death, so that we shall live. You and I, and the whole world, have a veil over us. We do not KNOW God. We can have faith, but no direct contact with our Creator. Lucifer and the angels that rebelled did so in the face of God. They denied Him, and separated themselves from Him, and for that, they were cast out. Forever. That is the paradox of free will. God, to have true companionship, must give the created free will. But the created can deny Him. So He made man. And gave man a walk through the world of which Lucifer, the Satan was cast (along with his rebellious angels). So we see, and are not just told, the evil, the deception, lies and murders brought forth by the great deceiver's influence. How much more so with Satan himself? But, we get to chose, separation for God or, we can believe in the Truth of God. Who died from this world, so that we shall live!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: randyvs

Not ignorance...

Hubris.

Touché

But who instilled in us the ability for hubris?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I understood the premise to be that if someone

Someone? So you don't understand this to be the apex of the OPs whole premise?
Depending on the ignorance of who that someone is being deity or just another
human being? The premise suggests an obsurdity in several different ways. Just
by the assumption the author makes from ignition that he knows better than
God is hubris.

edit on Rpm52717v56201700000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I don't pretend to know. I know what I believe...faith, if you will.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join