It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Just Destroyed The FBI, CIA And Fake News In An Epic Tweetstorm

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Xcathdra

He used the US as a bs excuse to avoid going to Sweden to answer the charges there.

He has not been charged with anything..

Thank you for proving my point. His arguments against going to Sweden were all the lies I provide above. That was his legal argument.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Salander

Convince me by proving your statement.

* - Assange claims he would be charged with Treason y the US if he is extradited. He is an Australian citiaen so cant be charged with treason by the US.
* - He claims he would be sent to Gitmo. He cant be sent there because he is not an enemy combatant captured by the military. He also would not fall under military jurisdiction.
* - Assange claims he would face the death penalty. Nothing Assange can be charged with has that as an option for punishment.
* - Assange claims he would turn himself in to the US if Mannings set free. Obama commuted his sentence and nothing from Assange.

That's not proof you offer. That is pure speculation on your part.

With the known record of the US government, Assange's fears are certainly justified. Given the US record of rendition and kidnapping, his fears are valid. Given the political nature of the trumped up charges against him and the dishonesty of the Swedish and British authorities, his fears are well founded.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Thank you for proving my point. His arguments against going to Sweden were all the lies I provide above. That was his legal argument.

Guess you are mute now they have droped charges...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Guess you are mute now they have droped charges...

Not really since Assange said he would turn himself into US authorities once Chelsie Manning was released...

Still waiting...

Assange is also still wanted in the UK.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Wow. Wrecked em for sure. LOL.

That's why twenty odd days later they still exist.

Now's a good time to look up hyperbole.

No really...look it up.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Assange has not left the embassy because he'll be arrested for breaching his bail conditions. No doubt he's waiting for the UK to drop those charges. Perhaps the UN will intervene? Sadly for him, the UK does not make exceptions to the law for celebrities. However, very likely it'll be cleared up quickly.

I wonder whether he will be deported as I imagine his visa has run out in the UK. So:

- Arrest, go to Magistrates Court for breach of bail.
- Get that cleared up in a couple of days with no custodial sentence.
- Get a free ticket to Heathrow and deported back to Australia, or some other place.
- Human Rights Lawyers, please form an orderly queue.
- UN to protest his "ill treatment".
- ATS members confounded and disappointed because he has not been sent to the US, as they all predicted!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Assange has not left the embassy because he'll be arrested for breaching his bail conditions. No doubt he's waiting for the UK to drop those charges. Perhaps the UN will intervene? Sadly for him, the UK does not make exceptions to the law for celebrities. However, very likely it'll be cleared up quickly.

I wonder whether he will be deported as I imagine his visa has run out in the UK. So:

- Arrest, go to Magistrates Court for breach of bail.
- Get that cleared up in a couple of days with no custodial sentence.
- Get a free ticket to Heathrow and deported back to Australia, or some other place.
- Human Rights Lawyers, please form an orderly queue.
- UN to protest his "ill treatment".
- ATS members confounded and disappointed because he has not been sent to the US, as they all predicted!

No, but as the Downing Street Memo showed all those years ago, the UK is happy to make exceptions to enforcing the law when the individuals are politically connected, fair-haired sons as it were.

Anybody being politically incorrect will be hammered in some Star Chamber proceeding or the other, maybe at Old Bailey?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Love to know what you were talking about!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I am talking about the common practice of the Crown/Executive Branch enforcing the law, or not enforcing the law, as it pleases, not as the law demands.

Any whistleblower, including Assange, will not find justice in British courts or US courts. For telling the truth and exposing crimes of government, he is an Enemy Of The State and will be treated accordingly. The Brits have already demonstrated that.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
Any whistleblower, including Assange, will not find justice in British courts or US courts. For telling the truth and exposing crimes of government, he is an Enemy Of The State and will be treated accordingly. The Brits have already demonstrated that.

? Assange has been to every level of court in the UK to avoid extradition and has had justice at every turn. More so than any commoner. The UK has never made any claim on Assange. You are making it up as you go along.

However, like any normal person he cannot be excused of his small charge of contravening bail conditions.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

He still hasn't left the embassy has he? Several Brits in authority have commented about the standing issue of his bail.

Now that Sweden has dropped the charges, a civilized legal system would say he is no longer wanted, and the bail issue would be moot.

Apparently, some in Britain don't care if the charges have been dropped, they want their pound of flesh to appease their US puppet masters.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

He broke the law in the UK when he jumped bail. It is a separate crime from the issues he had out of Sweden.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

From the posts here and the British reaction, I feel like I'm reading from the characters in Alice In Wonderland. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join