It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Just Destroyed The FBI, CIA And Fake News In An Epic Tweetstorm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This IMO is a great article on how someone can be demonized with the flimsiest of proof. Love him or hate him Julian is doing the job that needs to be done when governments the world over are all into covert Ops and keeping their people in the dark about the real reasons of their actions.

Arguably, he’s the world’s most wanted man. Hated by governments, loved by the common man, Julian Assange seems determined not to go down without a fight. He’s been falsely accused of date rape, espionage, and subverting foreign governments, including the United States.

However, if you ask him, he’ll tell you he’s a journalist who believes governments should be held accountable for their actions. And in his latest Twitter rant, you’ll see why. He takes on his critics and those who want him dead, head on.

On CNN former CIA claims that I am a "pedophile". Quality work from the folks that gave us Iraq, Libya..

not to mention the original story about him raping 2 females was pinned by the Sun news paper with a totally fake nonexistent journalist.

Addressing his rape charges he tweeted Thursday, “The government of Sweden continues to be in breach of the UN’s findings in Assange v Sweden.” He attached a video clip of Christophe Peschoux, spokesperson for the UN’s expert panel investigating Assange. In it, Peschoux called for the UK and Sweden to restore to Assange his liberty and compensate him for the unwarranted charges of rape against the world’s most famous journalist.

“I love journalism. It’s so accurate and professional. War, peace and the fate of millions ride on it. We’re all in such good hands. Wow!” he tweeted implying it’s not journalists who are starting wars, displacing millions, and leaving a trail of dead in their wake. It’s governments, powerful ones who are willing to go to war over lies about who’s gassing whom.

A rather long article but worth a read for those who like to think alternate thoughts.
www.activistpost.com...

+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That was a very good article, 727Sky. Any person who "calls out' the terrorists who run CNN, is performing a great service, IMO. Thank-you for sharing!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The UN "ruling" has absolutely no effect on the legal proceedings of sovereign nations. Something Assange just does not seem to understand. He is not a journalist but an activist. He is not a whistle blower and what he releases, the 99.5% of it, show absolutely no illegal activity / wrong doing.

As for his charges ironic that he dismisses them as fake and does his best to avoid answering them all the while demanding others be held accountable.

I thought he said he would turn himself in to US authorities regarding Mannings sentence being commuted. What happened there?

I support him when it comes to exposing honest to god illegal activity. Everything else though, well he made his bed and he will eventually have to lay in it.
edit on 6-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

It's obvious why they want him dead when you look at all the dirty laundry he airs which flies in the face of official government accounts of things that happen. Instead of outright disputing Assanges' claims in a public forum with counter-evidence, his enemies instead decide to but a mark on him, and when that happens folks sit up and take notice because that's what rogue governments do in their ongoing suppression about actual government conduct.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Good thread. We have a lot of disturbed people at high levels of government and military around the world. I kind of feel we are actually in hell and the only way to keep from getting caught up in the fire is to shut up or they will fabricate evidence against us.

I sure am glad that there are also a lot of good people in our government and military too. Otherwise the power hungry people would trash anyone who said anything against them. In some countries they are not so lucky. Then add moderate rebels and terrorist groups trying to take over and causing a lot of death by initiating conflict with violence and many innocent people die.

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Actually, it's the media that demonizes folks. I don't care WHO you are, if for whatever reason the worldwide media is told to run a story by it's network owners, then it's on blast & will ruin ur life- permanently.
edit on 5/6/2017 by shell69 because: Grammer typos

+13 more 
posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It's interesting how a few years ago Assange would have been an investigative journalist for exposing the truth. Now he's an activist. The sooner this BS society implodes the better.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

It's interesting how a few years ago Assange would have been an investigative journalist for exposing the truth. Now he's an activist. The sooner this BS society implodes the better.

He has been an activist since he started down this road. If he only exposed incidents that were illegal then he might have an argument. Exposing classified material that shows nothing illegal undermines what he claims to stand for. When he threatened legal action against a british media outlet over leaked material, which is to say the material assange got was in turn leaked to the media outlet, for monetary damages he lost all credibility.

If the goal is to "expose" one would think by any means necessary is the call, so to speak. When you try and prevent a media outlet from publishing said info it makes one wonder.

Like I said if its exposing illegal actions then yes. If its not then whats the point? Doesnt the material thats not showing anything illegal take away from the illegal stuff that is now buried under a mountain of useless info?

Thats why I dont believe his claims in terms of what he is trying to accomplish. Everything he has claimed to stand for has been contradicted by his own actions.

I have never seen an "investigative reporter" put together a story that exposes nothing illegal.
edit on 7-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Stop it! the last piece of decent journalism exposed Watergate, the government haven't grown wings and become angels since then. They have become so corrupt that any one who is a threat is killed. When Corporations get into bed with the Government you have a fascist state. Which will inevitably end badly.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Julian Assange is a spoilt child who craves attention, and doesn’t care how much damage he does as long as he gets it.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Stop it! the last piece of decent journalism exposed Watergate, the government haven't grown wings and become angels since then. They have become so corrupt that any one who is a threat is killed. When Corporations get into bed with the Government you have a fascist state. Which will inevitably end badly.

and you will notice the Watergate journalists exposed illegal activity in that incident. What you won't see are article from the same journalists disclosing classified info that show no illegal activity / wrong doing.

If you are going to generalize and demonize the entire government then you cant be pissed if the government decides to generalize and demonize others.

and no, I wont stop it.
edit on 7-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I am sorry if my opinion is too extreme, but when I hear about tweetstorm, the first emotion I have is face palm.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Hi, thanks for the interesting post

I have a question (to any member really) about 'activistpost' and their list of resources?

What's the general concensus about their reliability? I've never seen, or heard of activistpost before. And was hoping to supply some 'trustworthy' news sources to a couple of older people who say the Internet is all lies, and how do you know what news is real or fake. Thanks in advance.
edit on 7/5/17 by OpenEars123 because: Because my thumb is a tw@t

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I thought he said he would turn himself in to US authorities regarding Mannings sentence being commuted. What happened there?

He played word games to get out of it. I like a lot of things about wikileaks and don't think he's guilty of the crimes he's on the run from, but this reneging on a promise is bad form. Come face the music julian.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
So basically he's an obsessive narcissist and you are giving him a free ride to allow his version of events to be treated as the truth because.....................................?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123

Hi, thanks for the interesting post

I have a question (to any member really) about 'activistpost' and their list of resources?

What's the general concensus about their reliability? I've never seen, or heard of activistpost before. And was hoping to supply some 'trustworthy' news sources to a couple of older people who say the Internet is all lies, and how do you know what news is real or fake. Thanks in advance.

They have some good articles at times and some that probably should have been S**t canned before publishing. They do have an agenda like most places but you can also find stuff there linked to Drudge and other sights.. As in anything if the article pips your interest then good for them...

I thought this article on Julian was worth a read ... is it 100% factual ? I dunno for I am not privy to Julian's private affairs.. However like another poster in this thread implied.. Once a government and or the press comes after you anything that will make you look bad and them good is used... The facts in many cases be damned..

+4 more 
posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax
HE'S doing damage? No, he's exposing the people and entities doing damage. Not disagreeing that he craves attention, but that has no bearing on the importance of his job.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
He's doing great work and exposing a lot of people for who they really are.

He has more than defended the claims against him for things like the rape case. Hes also done his due diligence in responding to the allegation by inviting investigators to the embassy so that he doesnt need to be extradited.

i support him 100%.

Anyone who thinks transparency in governments is important should do the same.

To think some people believe that hes doing this to benefit himself in any way is an absolute joke. How about you lock yourself in an office for years away from your family and friends and see how you fair! pathetic.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

So you would lock him up for passing on the truth, shoot the messenger?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

What proven crimes and wrongdoing has Wikileaks exposed? Do you know?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join