It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple deaths, injuries reported after SUV plows into crowd at Massachusetts auto auction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
One witness is claiming that the driver avoided parked cars and seemed to aim for people. That is troubling if its accurate.

I just read that myself. I will give the story some time to develop and will hope for the best.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Sounds like it could have been intentional after all...

Not necessarily. An elderly driver in a compromised medical emergency may have had blurred vision, but been able to make out the large shapes that are parked vehicles and merely swerved to avoid property damage, giving the illusion that he was aiming for people when they have been nothing but a barely visible blur to a senior who is slowly slipping out of consciousness trying to avoid hurting peoples cars in what their compromised state may perceive as a parking lot. Especially so if they wore glasses which may have slipped off and fallen away somewhere in the vehicle.

I just exploring all the medical possibilities here.
edit on 5-3-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We won't know till we find out if he was a Muslim or not.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP
This is not Europe, if he was a Muslim it would already be a headline even if it was an actual medical emergency still.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Agreed, my first instinct on this was that it didn't really feel like a terror incident. I am open to that changing.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yes, that is very true.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Technically it could be an act of terror no matter the persons religion....Unfortunately people can become radical for many different reasons and beliefs. Just look at Timothy McVay amongst others.
edit on 3-5-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

That's true-if I was in my eighties i'd take my license too.

On the other hand older people could get upset of losing their driving rights knowing they may never drive again and lose their independence and precious memories.

But that can't stop them from driving for fun-I was thinking of sending my grandparents my Nintendo wii with Mario Kart so they can drive without hurting a civilian and apparently the Wii is beneficial in old folks homes.

Or I could make a video of myself mowing down pedestrians in Grand Theft Auto and show them that as a deterrence.

edit on 3-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

he driver was not hospitalized after the incident.

Well wtf, that blows my theory completely out of the water. What the hell was this # then?? How the # do you create an accident like that without having a medical emergency that requires being hospitalized???

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I guess you and at least 1 other will be quite disappointed if it isn't.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: GuidedKill

Urban or Turban?

Just a guess, but by "urban" you probably mean black and by "turban" you probably mean of the Islamic faith.

Way to jump to conclusions there...

Probably an old white guy that has an enlarged prostate and needed to use the men's room.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This happen locally around my neck of the woods recently, the woman and elderly woman press the gas pedal instead of the brakes and end up as an unwanted visitor on somebody's living room, thankfully it was not casualties.

It is sad when we want our elderly in our nation to keep their independence but sometimes comes with repercussions.

In todays world, the overmedication and side effects of, can take away some people's ability to function.

Very sad.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

It took me a littler bit to get the first word but the second one was just hilarious.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

he driver was not hospitalized after the incident.

Well wtf, that blows my theory completely out of the water. What the hell was this # then?? How the # do you create an accident like that without having a medical emergency that requires being hospitalized???

It's called being so old you shouldn't have a drivers license but you do because you are the largest voting demographic.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Ya real funny, what exactly is so funny?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: marg6043

Ya real funny, what exactly is so funny?

I really think everyone here hopes it was an accident.

edit on 3-5-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You have more faith in some people than me.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I was just thinking today that my child is of the last generation where they can lawfully operate a vehicle. With autonomous systems on the rise...

I support such a move if my vehicle has a kill/override and I can drink and ride.

Could "Auto breaking" have prevented such an event?
edit on 3-5-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Something like his happened a few years ago at a North Georgia auto auction. I'm not sure how it happened, but a car drove right into the crowd, injuring about 30 people.

Car auctions pack a lot of people in a small space.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Is pattern recognition really "jumping to conclusions"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join