It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple deaths, injuries reported after SUV plows into crowd at Massachusetts auto auction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

DEVELOPING: Multiple people were killed and several injured Wednesday when a jeep sped through a crowded auto auction in a small Massachusetts town, authorities said.

The crash happened around 10:30 a.m. at LynnWay Auto Auction in Billerica, about 20 miles northwest of Boston, Fox affiliate WFXT-TV reported.

Officials have not yet confirmed the number of fatalities or injuries at the scene.

Witnesses described seeing the vehicle "speeding up through the auction" and said it appeared to have been an accident, according to local reports

Multiple deaths, injuries reported after SUV plows into crowd at Massachusetts auto auction

I wonder what this is going to be about? Hopefully no one seriously injured and this is only a accident. People said the vehicle increased speed as it went though the auction so who really knows....

I see there were deaths...

edit on 3-5-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Urban or Turban?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Saying elderly man so hopefully just a terrible accident.....Not good either way.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

"BAN the cars already! Only the responsible Police, Military and Gov. should have them. Obviously the rest of us are not responsible enough!"

Seriously, I am also hoping it was a medical situation and now an intentional attack. We should know more soon.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I hope I am right and this was an accident. It seemed terrorist acts with a vehicle were exclusively for Europe.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The witness reports in the link report an elderly male driver taken to hospitals with injuries. Injuries and fatalities, vehicle sped up during event, some reporting that this appears to be accidental. Unclear at this point.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Old people need to take a driver's test every 6 months after 80 years old.

They're dangerous. My great granddad was getting so bad we had to take his keys away and he was pissed, he said he drove enough in his life to circle the globe without a wreck, but we had to convince him he no longer had the ability.

He took out a peach tree and some bushes just turning around in our driveway, that was the last time he drove 85 years old.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
No doubt I'm sure most normal people are hoping for an accident. Hopefully like someone mentioned already this isn't the now normal European car attack.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
An automobile auction sure would be an odd place to make an intentional attack, let alone a terrorist attack. Seems clear as day the old man was probably having either a stroke, or a heart attack. I think I have seen a few police chase videos that ended with them finding the driver in just such a medical emergency.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Fell asleep by the sound of it.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Saying elderly man so hopefully just a terrible accident.....Not good either way.

Not good either way but that would be a relief.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Probably tried to brake and had his foot on both the gas and brake at the same time. If it is an elderly person, they may have limited feeling in his feet some time. That gets more common when a person is weak and over seventy five. It is a neuropathy issue. Some of these issues are caused by side effects of medicines.
edit on 3-5-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That's my hope and feeling as well!!

During my LE years as a younger man one of my most dangerous chases involved a man who was having a low blood sugar attack. It was only when he crashed into several cars and a building that got him stopped. He had no idea what even went on the last ten miles we chased him.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Old people sometimes miss the brake, and hit the gas.

Then they push it to the floor when the car doesn't stop, because they think its the brake.

It's been happening for decades.

Maybe ban automatic transmissions?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

God I love Southpark!! lmao

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Saying three dead and a dozen injured....

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I always cringe when I hear about these car-plows-into-a-crowd stories. I was hit by a car when I was 9 and almost killed. Broken bones, concussion, almost bled out, indescribable pain (until I passed out)...

Anyway, this sounds like an accident, which doesn't make it any less tragic, but still, not the way you want to go.

Trust me.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
One witness is claiming that the driver avoided parked cars and seemed to aim for people. That is troubling if its accurate.
edit on 3-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
One witness is claiming that the driver avoided parked cars and seemed to aim for people. That is troubling if its accurate.

“(The driver) avoided the cars, and went on to hit the people who were standing between the cars," Tuttle said. "Three (men) were on the ground being tended to. There was a woman who was crying, but she was standing up, and I saw two men on the ground who appeared to be dead."

WCVB Boston

Sounds like it could have been intentional after all...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join