It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Miss ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Love you and miss you too my friend!

Take care, and remember - it gets better!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Glad to hear from you!Wishing you nothing but the best!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We miss you too BH!

I miss you, a lot.

You always had such an even keel even in the most absurd political threads.

I envied that and admired it.

You let that noggin heal and come back to us when you can!

Love you, BH.

Gryph

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I hope all is well BH!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I am so happy to see you BH!!

You keep on getting better and know we think of you all the time.
Sending you many happy thoughts about walks with puppies, in the sunshine with spring flowers guiding your path.

Love Zazz.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I miss your animal compassion, pets forum participation!

Wishing you the best in your recovery.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Great to see you doing better. You are missed. I hope you check in often and keep us up on how your are doing, we really do want to know. (not in a creepy way.....at least not me)

Keep smiling!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I've wondered often how you were doing since the other thread has been a bit quiet.

I couldn't imagine that you'd come back with such a bang

I'm not making light of your situation, I know it is and will be tough.

But what an improvement. I can't tell you how happy and relieved I was to read your post which is a real testament to your strength and character.

Keep on keeping on...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Was the stroke focused on the left side? Put an eye patch over your right eye when reading see if it gets better... of course focusing so much on left brained activities put that side out of balance in brainstorming or thinking all focused on that one side. A stroke is an electrical storm... nature's way of saying a bit more fluid and salt intake as well as feeding the other side of the brain one has neglected. It takes two to tango and untangle for a proper balance so both sides work equally...

The fellow that Rain Man was based off of was born without those connections in between could read on page with one eye other page with the other. Managed to get them both in a pretty good balance one side the numbers other side the literary but no connection in the middle left a deficit of getting together for some idea of "normalcy".

Quite a few think one side or the other as a dominance much like having a dominate eye. Doing the two thumbs lined up in front of the nose in a line and one arm stretched out to find out which by opening and closing one eye... the dominate will keep them in line and the other set them askew or basically see it from a different angle or point of view.

Closing one eye will remove depth perception as both together make something appear three dimensional instead of two of course a shadow can promote a sense of depth where there is none.

Vitamin A and beta carotene rich foods help improve eyesight carrots are a good source... and a deficiency can actually lead to blindness and supplementation work to remove it before it gets too far gone.

If one eye is weaker than the other; it portends of an impending stroke or basically a brain spasm just like a muscle knotting up... doing what one loves only happens on one side of the brain typically so the pupil will become the leader in activity as it opens wider in response so the other eye and side of the brain forced to follow and go neglected. So a balance in eyes? Switch it up put a different foot forward when playing darts or billiards some activity that requires both.

That's why the puzzles are so good wordsearch and crossword help sudoku involves both sides of the brain as well.

Good luck in your recovery something that boosts passageways, pathways, and blood flow is a good thing to help so look for "brain foods" and supplements other than just feeding it with what is seen outside on must feed those things that support what one does and enjoys on the inside as well for body maintenance to continue in doing so.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Seeing you post made me happy and sad at the same time BH.

You look after yourself.

ATS will be here for when you're ready and able to come back.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Hello my dear. It is good to hear from you again.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
We miss you here BH, in whatever way makes you happy and comfortable. You are family.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I'm so glad you popped up in my list the other day - it was a very nice surprise. Also, so very good to see this thread. I appreciate it even more knowing how long it took you to write it

I think it should be obvious by now that politics is beyond the proficiency of all of us. That line made me smile :-)

I love hearing that you're up and out and active. That's the best news, really

Miss your posts BH - but I think we all are just happy to hear from you

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Hey BH - We miss you too.

I can see how you might miss the politics and legal conversations, but please also know that People take themselves way too seriously sometimes with all their words about unimportant things..

You might not read the newspaper...But trust me...it's packed full of stuff that is silly to every living thing but us self-centered humans.

The important stuff...Loved ones, sunny days, happy loving dogs, the way the air smells early in the morning etc. etc.

Complicated sentences and lots of words are over-rated....
I remember my most important life events in simple images.
The way my wife looks, my children squealing with laughter, the nuzzle of my dog, a sunrise, the wet green in my garden after a rain.

People too often make things too complicated.

They too often think themselves clever with too many words.

Meanwhile God thinks a simple Tigers Roar to be so important it can be heard over a mile away!

As your OP reminds me...You still can roar

The way recovery works in all creatures...You get back the most important stuff first.

You will understand the politics and legal stuff again ...but for now you understand the most important things about life...and more so than most of us who spend our time distracted and arguing about silly, fleeting, often meaningless "issues"...And arguing with way too many words.

Love your way...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just a pretty picture to brighten your day my friend!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wishing you the best BH. Glad to hear from you again

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wishing you good thoughts.

(I believe Night Star has everything else covered ).

Take care.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thanks for checking in and giving us an update.

Hope everything goes well for you.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Miss you too, Heretic. Every argument you and I had altered my thoughts for the better.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Did you know that a tiger's roar can be heard over a mile?

My Father must have had Tigers blood in him because i could hear him yell for me over a mile away...through the damn woods when I was a kid. No Joke. Literally over a mile through pine forests.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join