It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Miss ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+126 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I Miss ATS.

Mostly my "friends" here - whether they agree or disagree with me. I just miss the conversations with the people here. I miss talking about the Constitution, the legal stuff, the amendments, the politics and everything that's happening in the world... mostly what's happening in the US. I know it's going crazy, but I don't know much details, because I can't read about it.

I used to read a LOT!!! Every day. And, I used to write a LOT on ATS. I talked a LOT! LOL! I'm sure you know. I remember thinking that the stuff I wrote was important. I thought some of the stuff sounded really smart! LOL! And I know some of you thought I was an idiot. It's all good.

But, I really miss it all... because my life changed so much when I had a stroke in October.

These days, the best I can "read" are my own recipes, small emails from my sister, and small 20-page children's magazines (National Geographic Kids kids.nationalgeographic.com...) and it takes about 2 weeks to read one. My favorites are about animals. Recently, there were articles there about wolves, pandas, and large cats... Did you know that a tiger's roar can be heard over a mile? For my brain, I do jigsaw puzzles and I play brain power games.

Fortunately, I can understand most of what I hear, as long it's general information. Politics is beyond my proficiency. My husband explains when I asked about details that I am interested in. I can't understand movies. They go too fast. I can say most of what I need to say. Sometimes I forget the words, but that happens to everyone! LOL! I can drive, get groceries and do most daily jobs. I can cook (I am still a great cook LOL! I miss the food forum) and I can take care of Jaia. I take an hour walk every day. It helps my health and my sanity.

Sometimes I get depressed because I miss the life I used to have. But I quickly realize that I have my health and I have the love of my husband, family and friends. But, yeah, I miss ATS.

Love to you all. I really appreciate Night Star (you're just a doll!) and those of you who have said things to me. I miss Masqua and our friends here who have gone away. All of you will always be important to me. I'll stop by sometimes.

Take care...

BH

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Heretic! I confess I wish you still can post more often. I gotta admit with your absence ATS seems so different.

Ever since I came to ATS in 2009 your like a big presence. When you were gone back in October, there seems to be a hole here.

edit on 4/3/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Welp. That's my week made.

So glad to see you checking in, BH. Wish you the very best I can offer

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

We miss you too! It sounds like you've recovered quite a bit in the last six months and hopefully, you'll continue to improve until you've reached your pre-stroke condition. The human brain is a remarkable thing!

I wouldn't worry much about not keeping abreast of US politics, between the seemingly daily developments and competing narratives, I think everyone is struggling to get a grasp of what's going on in this clownshow.

In fact, I'm reasonably sure that US politics is harmful to everyone's mental health. Keep getting better — we'll be around!

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hey BH

I think you should come back anyway... try it anyway. Stick to sections that are easier for you at the moment. The challenge may help you out as well.

Pssst... my grandmother had a massive stroke at 41 yrs old. They said she would never speak, walk, talk, etc again. It wasnt 5 years later and she was like herself, actually got her drivers license for the first time and etc. There were some residual effects, but she had most of her life back... and even pushed into other areas of interest! Your brain CAN reroute.. but it takes stimulation and work. It takes time. I would encourage you to participate when you can.. as much as you can and see how it goes!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So glad to see you here BH.😊
Was wondering how you've been recovering. My sister had 5 strokes, eventually she got a good portion of her functions back. She records her programs so she can rewind and process what she needs to understand. She describes as "My brain is Buffering" the input. Word puzzles help too.
Retraining the brain...

One of the side affects was cursing. She never use to swear, ever. But from time to time I'll hear a big F-Bomb go off somewhere in the house.

Anyway, so glad you're back

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hey, my friend, good to see you on the boards. Not sure if you wrote that OP yourself but if you did it showed huge improvement since your last visit.

Keep coming back, talking with us crazies can only help.

edit on 3-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I wish you the best and hope things improve.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm so glad you're doing ok! And that you are surrounded by love and support 💕🐾💕🐾

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wishing you great health and all the best in life.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Keep cool my friend, one step at a time. You just have to build yourself back up to your old self. It may be slow but you'll get there in the end. Take it easy. Cray.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Sounds like you are adjusting to the limitations pretty well, but still you have a desire to be the way you once were. I know the feeling. Do not focus on just the negative, you can look forward to getting more back, it can give you incentive to learn how to do it.

Certain meds actually dampen your intellect, others cause you to excrete some minerals and certain vitamins and this leads to a decline in your ability to comprehend. Diuretics do have many bad effects, folate, B12, and many of the microminerals can be lost or the conversion can be messed up. A simple multimineral tablet and some of the correct types of b vitamins may help with the thinking. And of course, eat some eggs and coffee for breakfast once in a while.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Want to send my love too.. its good to see you post again.

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Not sure if you wrote that OP yourself but if you did it showed huge improvement since your last visit.

I did it, but it took about 3 and a half hours to write and my husband helped. It was important to talk with you wonderful people!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

We miss you too BH.
This place really does become part of our lives, its the first site i log onto everyday. Have done since i joined 6 years ago. So i totally get it when you say you miss it.

I hope you continue to recover and eventually get back to posting every day, that would be great.

Oh, and as you're dropping knowledge about animals, did you know that a polar bear's fur isn't white?....
edit on 3/4/17 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hi BH, we've never met but I know who you are from lurking for many, many years. Seeing your avatar brought back a lot of memories and reminded me what this site was missing. I hope you make a recovery and make a comeback.

Sending you positive vibes >>>>>>>>

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Not sure if you wrote that OP yourself but if you did it showed huge improvement since your last visit.

I did it, but it took about 3 and a half hours to write and my husband helped. It was important to talk with you wonderful people!

Perhaps you could use talk to text to write here..

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ty for the reminder about whats really important I need that every now and then. GL2U.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
It was important to talk with you wonderful people!

I agree, don't be a stranger. But you can still be strange.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Haven't seen your name here in a while. We all come and go, for different reasons.

Best of luck and hopefully we'll see more of you.

Probably a good thing you're not spending your valuable time with politics these days though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join