It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 34
<< 31  32  33   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Doctor Smith

You think it's legal to have sanctions on some country and then except money through a charity foundation from them?

There were no sanctions at the time; that's why it was legal. The official policy at the time was "reset," remember?

Your right about the sanctions coming later. Still not legal in my view to except money (bribes) to a (shell) charity in order to approve 1/5 of American uranium reserves. From a country that has nuclear weapons pointed at us. But I guess you don't have to worry about any prosecution if you have key cronies (Loretta Lynch) (James Comey) placed in the Department of Justice and the CIA.

According to New York Times

Frank Giustra, right, a mining financier, has donated $31.3 million to the foundation run by former President Bill Clinton, left.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation.

Complete Timeline

Donations to the Clinton Foundation, and a Russian Uranium Takeover

But lets investigate Trump instead. He may have done something. Even though he's turned up squeaky clean. Just keep saying he did until all the feeble minded believe he did.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Bump

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm bumping this thread because it's just been announced that Mike Flynn is declining a subpoena by congress and he will invoke the fifth .

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Big difference from a couple of months ago where he was so willing to testify if given immunity.
Now I know pleading the fifth does not mean guilt even though some believe it does and given the current atmosphere in Washington it's probably smart of him.
However it's going to add fuel to an already smoldering fire.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Big difference from a couple of months ago where he was so willing to testify if given immunity.
Now I know pleading the fifth does not mean guilt even though some believe it does and given the current atmosphere in Washington it's probably smart of him.
However it's going to add fuel to an already smoldering fire.

He is the only thing they focus on. It was due to a Russian intercept that claimed they could get to Trump through him. In his situation knowing that he is the only way that collusion could be proved I'd take the fifth to. Because if they want to prosecute all they have to do is get him for lying under oath. It could be something as simple as getting a date wrong in his testimony. When you have congress after you being cautious is only smart.

I believe his conversation went further than it should have with the Russians. Probably even discussed sanctions but I don't think he was trying to influence Trump's decisions. He knows however there are now 4 investigations and he's the only one that's been accused of collusion. He better fish for an immunity deal.
edit on 5/22/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

I'll believe it when I see it.
That is one of the most sensible political statements I've read in a long time. This place is full of fuzzy accusations and breathless denials, none of which have been proven. Yet they are flung about as if they are the whole truth, so help me God! Blind faith counts for # any more folks.

A star and a cookie for the normally questionable
Bobaganoosh

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I don't think he's the only one they focus on.
They've got a lot they're looking at.

Who do you think the "high up in the administration" person of interest is ???
Kushner?
Bannon?
Trump himself?

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Fuzzy accusations like....._____________________________________

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I heard that Flynn will invoke the 5th, smart man he will not incriminate himself in the Democrat witch hunt.

If he was to become the fall guy for the Democrats to justify their tax payer waste of money, is back firing now.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Fuzzy accusations like....._____________________________________

My point is that a lot of anti-Trump types have been jumping on stuff that makes him look bad/stupid without any clear evidence. Hey, it's fun, but being an arse is not necessarily an impeachable offence so lets keep in mind that an accusation is not tantamount to a conviction.

On the other hand, I see a whole lot of Trumpkins who immediately shift to panic/deflection/Benghazi whenever the Blessed Cheeto is called on his ineptitude. Total disconcertage among the faithful. (see artist's conception below)

And "I'll believe it when I see it" suddenly becomes profound, hell, maybe even a statement of rebellion!

edit on 22-5-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes, indeedy!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I heard that Flynn will invoke the 5th, smart man he will not incriminate himself in the Democrat witch hunt.

If he was to become the fall guy for the Democrats to justify their tax payer waste of money, is back firing now.

I suspect they will give Flynn immunity, he will testify behind closed doors, the gov. will have all the evidence they need to bring in other Trump swamp dwellers to solidify their case. Flynn is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg thus let the chips fall where they may. I can't stop; mixing metaphors is a disease I tell ya....Believe me.
edit on 22-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

This is no surprise. He demanded immunity to testify before the congressional committee. Obviously, that's because he didn't want to incriminate himself. Now that he's been subpoenaed, he has to take the 5th to protect himself from self incrimination.

"People who take the fifth are guilty".   Michael Flynn

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Hey none of those under Hilary that took the 5th got any deals, they didn't got to jail either.

I don't blame Flynn from talking 5th.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Hey none of those under Hilary that took the 5th got any deals, they didn't got to jail either.

Here's Trumps opinion on those that invoke the 5th

www.rawstory.com...

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You don't? I honestly find that surprising, as you seem to make a point of reiterating that you just want the truth, you want to hear the truth, all you want is for the truth to come out.

Pleading the fifth certainly goes a long way to keeping that swamp filled that you vilify so often and definitely does nothing to bring out the truth.
edit on 22-5-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33   >>

join